Legendary Hero: Julia, Crusader of Light

Baldrick

My last wheel of the banner got me a L!Julia at +Atk/-Spd. This banner was really good to me.

+Atk Julia can get up to 77 Atk on Player Phase purely by her own merits, which is... kinda really disgusting? To say nothing of a Glacies coming off of 57 Player Phase Res (extra 45 damage). I'm considering pairing her with Velouria and applying some other cooldown-reduction shenanigans for a Turn 1 delete button on AR Offense.

Edited by Some Jerk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

+Atk Julia can get up to 77 Atk on Player Phase purely by her own merits, which is... kinda really disgusting?

77 Atk is not bad, but it is not really enough to one shot non dragons reliably, and COL!Julia is pretty slow, so doubling is out of the question for her. 77 Atk paired with high Spd would be deadly though.

Counter-Vantage Blage mages kind of requires VS!Azura support, but if you have VS!Azura, Counter-Vantage Blade mages can easily get up to 85+ Atk. For COL!Julia, she can get 92 Atk with the same set up. If you do not care about Counter-Vantage, you can go pure Player Phase and get 94+ Atk with Brazen Atk/Spd for regular Blade mages. COL!Julia with the same set up can reach 101 Atk. Lull Spd/Res (whenever that is released) will push that up to 97+Atk and 104 Atk respectively.

Edited by XRay

Oh lord that's right, she can still use a Bladetome on top of that massive Atk stat. I hadn't considered that.

I have issues with giving her a Lull skill though, because Light and Dark is Lull except on steroids. Close Counter sounds interesting to really make Dragons suffer, but unfortunately I have no fodder for it. (And if I did, Tharja has dibs on it for secret supertank memes with her PRF weapon.)

On 9/2/2019 at 7:54 PM, Some Jerk said:

My last wheel of the banner got me a L!Julia at +Atk/-Spd. This banner was really good to me.

+Atk Julia can get up to 77 Atk on Player Phase purely by her own merits, which is... kinda really disgusting? To say nothing of a Glacies coming off of 57 Player Phase Res (extra 45 damage). I'm considering pairing her with Velouria and applying some other cooldown-reduction shenanigans for a Turn 1 delete button on AR Offense.

To be fair, she still can't kill Surtr even with 77 ATK

18 hours ago, XRay said:

77 Atk is not bad, but it is not really enough to one shot non dragons reliably, and COL!Julia is pretty slow, so doubling is out of the question for her. 77 Atk paired with high Spd would be deadly though.

Effective damage brings that to 115 effective Atk (117 counting Light and Dark's Res reduction), which is enough to deal with all non-green dragons and most green dragons. Even 92 effective Atk (94 with Light and Dark) against Sothis and Garon will kill them with one hit unless they are significantly merged and heavily invested in Res.

And then you can give her the Sturdy Blow Sacred Seal to bring that up to 121 (123) Atk against dragons and 97 (99) Atk against Sothis and Garon.

2 hours ago, charcoalswift said:

To be fair, she still can't kill Surtr even with 77 ATK

To be fair, she has weapon triangle disadvantage against Surtr.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Effective damage brings that to 115 effective Atk (117 counting Light and Dark's Res reduction), which is enough to deal with all non-green dragons and most green dragons. Even 92 effective Atk (94 with Light and Dark) against Sothis and Garon will kill them with one hit unless they are significantly merged and heavily invested in Res.

Garon and Sothis are red units so L! Julia as a super blue nuke will definitely destroy them with ease, even without Dragon effectiveness

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be fair, she has weapon triangle disadvantage against Surtr.

A +10 Surtr with distant counter pretty much kills everything lol, also bonuses from allies and ally/summoner support make a god like him even godlier

23 minutes ago, charcoalswift said:

Garon and Sothis are red units so L! Julia as a super blue nuke will definitely destroy them with ease, even without Dragon effectiveness

Sothis and Garon are both actually tanky enough to survive taking a hit from +0 Julia [+Atk] (default, no Sacred Seal) when running dedicated bulky builds.

+10 Garon has 84 magic bulk without skills, so he only has to get 11 more Res to tank a single hit... except he's deathly slow and will get doubled without Spd investment.

+10 Sothis has 76 magic bulk without skills, but Distant Def 4 (since Sothis has Distant Counter on her weapon and can therefore run Distant Def in the A slot) reduces Julia's effective Atk down to 86 (88), meaning a +10 Sothis with Distant Def 4 + Distant Def 3 with no other combat buffs survives an uninvested +0 Julia [+Atk] with 2 HP remaining.

I don't think I've seen such a bulky Sothis build yet, but I'm sure someone's going to do it eventually.

13 minutes ago, charcoalswift said:

A +10 Surtr with distant counter pretty much kills everything lol, also bonuses from allies and ally/summoner support make a god like him even godlier

+10 Legendary Julia [+Atk] (default, Sturdy Blow 2) is actually only 3 Def short of being able to tank a hit from +10 Surtr [+Atk] (Sinmara, Distant Counter), which is kind of scary, especially considering that Light and Dark prevents Surtr from being able to use field buffs to compensate for any Def buffs that Julia might have (and no one uses Goad Armor). Any Surtr without Wary Fighter just flat out dies to Julia if she has a Def buff of any sort.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sothis and Garon are both actually tanky enough to survive taking a hit from +0 Julia [+Atk] (default, no Sacred Seal) when running dedicated bulky builds.

Is this counting bonuses? 

+10 Garon has 84 magic bulk without skills, so he only has to get 11 more Res to tank a single hit... except he's deathly slow and will get doubled without Spd investment.

This is why I hardly see Garon now Sothis is released

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

don't think I've seen such a bulky Sothis build yet, but I'm sure someone's going to do it eventually.

99 out 100 people gonna make her a speed nuke anyway. A bulky Sothis means less damage potential

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+10 Legendary Julia [+Atk] (default, Sturdy Blow 2) is actually only 3 Def short of being able to tank a hit from +10 Surtr [+Atk] (Sinmara, Distant Counter), which is kind of scary, especially considering that Light and Dark prevents Surtr from being able to use field buffs to compensate for any Def buffs that Julia might have (and no one uses Goad Armor). Any Surtr without Wary Fighter just flat out dies to Julia if she has a Def buff of any sort.

Now Legendary Julia actually sounds scary, Light and Dark is an awesome ability

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

And then you can give her the Sturdy Blow Sacred Seal to bring that up to 121 (123) Atk against dragons and 97 (99) Atk against Sothis and Garon.

77 Atk is amazing with effective damage, but not so amazing without effective damage against non dragons, which is most of the cast. It is not bad, but without the Spd to back it up, her vanilla kit feels kind of niche. I prefer something more generalist like SK!Alm or BL!Roy.

51 minutes ago, charcoalswift said:

Is this counting bonuses? 

Sothis running Distant Def 4 nullifies Julia's bonuses and Julia's Light and Dark nullifies Sothis's, so bonuses don't matter in that match-up.

Julia's default Atk/Res Oath 3 is counted for the Garon match-up.

53 minutes ago, charcoalswift said:

99 out 100 people gonna make her a speed nuke anyway. A bulky Sothis means less damage potential

They're going to make her a fast nuke because that's her default skill kit. Bulky Sothis is something I'd expect to see only in high Arena and Aether Raids used by players with the means to get premium skills on their units.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

77 Atk is amazing with effective damage, but not so amazing without effective damage against non dragons, which is most of the cast. It is not bad, but without the Spd to back it up, her vanilla kit feels kind of niche. I prefer something more generalist like SK!Alm or BL!Roy.

I ran into a player in the Arena multiple times yesterday who had a Julia running

+10 Legendary Julia [+Atk] (Virtuous Naga, Swift Sparrow 3, Light and Dark, Joint Hone Spd, Sturdy Blow 2),

who has 46 effective Spd (counting Light and Dark) when initiating combat. That's not her vanilla kit, but it's still ridiculous considering she has 80 Atk with that build (82 with Light and Dark) before Atk buffs.

They're going to make her a fast nuke because that's her default skill kit. Bulky Sothis is something I'd expect to see only in high Arena and Aether Raids used by players with the means to get premium skills on their units.

She will make an awesome mage and bow killer with distant def in slot A and Sacred Seal

Probably stops everything but Ophelia

Edited by charcoalswift