Rank the characters (post launch thread)

Seems making one of those tier lists is a lot less work than ranking each character individually. Within tiers they are sorted in no particular order. 

S tier: Best of the best. Best personality, best design, best supports. 

A: Really good. Likable, funny, amusing or well written.

B: I like em

😄 mediocre. I don't dislike them but they do have their issues. Being too tied to their gimmick, not being interesting enough or having personal traits I don't like.

D Don't like em. They are either poorly written, annoying, hold traits I'm not into or they are a waste of potential. 

420688948_ThreeHousesTierList.thumb.png.08061f4cc1329f95e62f1da75f1de3e3.png

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Note: Due to spoilers I did not put Flame Emperor, Death Knight, or Tomas. Their true identities are on, though. But I won't say who for those that haven't read spoilers/finishes a route/figured it out.

LOVE: Self explanatory. These characters all have something to them that I love, even if I don't fully agree with their actions (Edelgard and Rhea, both are very similar. Both are tragic as hell and I just want to hug them along with poor Dimitri).

Really Like: Characters that are amazing. As for F!Avatar, I'm still not too fond of her outfit, but I always prefer playing as my own gender. And she's more expressive.

Like: Good characters who have solid traits and personalities.

Okay: Good characters, but they missed a mark or two.

Dislike: Not completely terrible, but I'm not too fond. I don't hate them at least.

Despise: Cyril is rude and too one-note. Jeritza is flat. Solon, Thales, and Kronya are complete villains with no redeeming traits, unlike Edelgard and Rhea (both of whom are more like anti-villains anyway).

my-image.png

16 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Flame Emperor spoilers. 

Reveal hidden contents

Why are people putting flame emperor and Edelgard in different tiers? 

Spoiler

Edelgard is better when she's in war phase mode or when she discusses her ideals and dreams with Byleth pre war phase.

She doesn't spend enough time as the Flame Emperor to leave a strong impression. In that way she's sort of the opposite when compared to a certain Tellius character a lot of people like in that people like her more unmasked more whereas the other character is more liked in his disguise.

• 2 weeks later...

I never got to do this originally, but..

Admittedly, there are some characters who I haven't fully explored through every single support, but then there's characters like Ignatz where I've seen all his story and he's got a distinct personality but I'm just not vibing with him at all (unlocked everything I could for him so I can replay this game in the future without touching him at all). Also, I think I would swap Marianne to S actually, but I'm too lazy to edit the image. BE really does have the best characters by far. They're all distinctly interesting and serve a purpose in the story, even Caspar, who I wanted to like based off character design but ended up generally underwhelming and barely served a purpose outside of being a crestless second son of a noble family. Matter of fact, I'd probably drop him to C.

If I had to rank the houses, Empire > Alliance > Kingdom

fe3charactertier.png

Edited by Eltoshen

my-image.thumb.png.5fa763006bb2f0ba816dd778333d15a8.png

"Self-destructive and then the good sweet boy" tier:

Spoiler

Sylvain - Zelos Wilder in Fire Emblem? Instant like. What a broken mess. He also has some of the most interesting gameplay-integration tied to him. And thank god  the game doesn't excuse his behavior. Everyone acknowledges that he's a tool
Claude - I flip-flop between him and Sylvain but he's a good kid and was my first House Leader. He's more relateable to me; him being well-adjusted compared to Edelgard and Dimitri is reflective of his past which, sure, wasn't 100% perfect but he has a loving family and a good enough support system with a couple figures.
Dimitri - Basically summarizes the mess BL students are. Can't fully wave off his massive murder list and overall treating former allies as garbage prior to recovery, but his actions are explainable.

A tier:

Spoiler

Ingrid - I really feel for her, honestly. It's none of her business but she still feels she has to watch over her mess of group called her "friends" that all have their issues.
Ferdinand - Just a wholesome man. Fabulous. Fabio/10.
Lysithea - At least they did something different with the "don't treat me like a child" gag. Best Death Knight killer.
Petra - It's admirable that this foreign exchange student is trying her hardest and has an eagerness in learning. If I was a real teacher and she was my student, I'd be one happy teacher.
Edelgard - She's high up despite not beating CF yet because I'm so far not as annoyed with her as I am with the characters after her.
Byleth - They attempted to integrate the silent protag in a creative way. I dig it.

B tier:

Spoiler

Jeralt - Could you, I don't know, tell me stuff while you had many months in your room to explain anything? Or write a letter? Something? He's still cool though.
Felix - While I can understand his issues, I feel his reactions to certain things were a bit much. I don't really rate on how good a unit is; if I was, he would be bumped up more, obviously.
Hilda - It's kind of cool she turns into Claude's second-in-command unofficially.
Marianne - It's Deirdre with a lot more insight about her situation.
Caspar - His convo with Edelgard made me like him more than I was thinking. No matter if he curried Edelgard's favor to become an official or he was a broken bum, he would still do what he's doing. Simple but it's true to life.
Leonie - Honestly, this is where I think the scenes where each character gives their piece on the matter doesn't help someone like Leonie. Every moment is "cApTAiN jERaLt." I forgot she can have her issues with femininity or money. Her supports can delve a bit into these topics but not enough to shake off my annoyance with her Jeralt fascination.
Lorenz - Lorenz with the sass game.
Alois - Still a little less interesting to me than Leonie.

Everyone after Alois are okay or varying levels of annoying.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Mostly only included Playable Characters, or at least relevant non-villain characters. 

I included the Flame Emperor because (Identity spoilers)

Spoiler

I Really enjoy Edelgard as a villain, but I really don't like her as a protagonist. So I split her two selves through the two characters with the FE representing antagonist Edelgard.

1295778625_my-image(1).thumb.png.bffd1abac2a3a61af1df692d5192863f.png

Edited by SpiceMan

ok obviously Lysithea is like a 14 year old kid who is trying to act mature for her age because of valid reasons. it seems really unhealthy to hate her for that, when she's shown that she isn't always like that in every other support.

but on the other hand...people who like ignatz just like self inserts, and that's that on that, periodt.

people dislike lysithea because she's a 14 year old who tries to act mature for her age like most 14 year olds and teenagers are annoying

including my teenage self. good god was i annoying.

1 hour ago, Eltoshen said:

but on the other hand...people who like ignatz just like self inserts, and that's that on that, periodt.

Please elaborate. Unless you meant to type Byleth instead of Ignatz, I'm just scratching my head at this sentence. Outside of being kinda boring, I fail to see how Ignatz is (like) a self insert.

For reference, I've complete Azure Moon, Verdant Wind, and Crimson Flower and would've had Silver Snow done by now if Spyro Reignited hadn't sidetracked me. Character order within a tier isn't based on preference (like Dimitri being before Lysithea doesn't necessarily mean I prefer him).

my-image.thumb.png.2973e1115a57e6496fbcb94461cbbc08.png

TWSITD get their own tier below "Garbage" just because they're a special kind of bad. 

Haven't played any Black Eagles route yet but so far I quite like most of the cast.

To briefly summarize: Basically everyone > Leonie >>>>>>>Tomas/Monica/Kostas/Any random unimportant character>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lysithea.

Edited by zuibangde

The characters I've listed as my "top favorites" are those I really like in the game due to their personality, background, dialogue and stuff.

They're in no particular order.

fire-emblem-three-houses-13-119197-1568071016.thumb.png.b5be2f92143b446655751868608a526d.png

Edited by Faustino

image.thumb.png.39995973f430abc09f62e5298bbe2fdf.png
S - Top tier. Probably the best characters in the game. And yes Tomas the librarian. I loved his explanations in the first school phase before stuff happened.
A - Fond of. I appreciate them all.
B - Like. I like them just fine but nothing more than that.
C - Eeeeh. I probably like them in their supports more than in the story
D - Cyril. And also all the villains, but I was too lazy to put them in there.