DLC Classes

With DLC on the horizon and the success of the game im expecting IS to add new master classes as the current list is a tiny bit disappointing. The only classes I really want is a Mage flyer (Malig Knight), A physical sword unit (Like another level of assassain with the same bowrange as bowknight but footlocked) and a male Gremory type class.

Does anyone have any ideas as to possible classes that could be added?

Dread Fighter/Trueblade (because Mortal Savant is whack). Dread Fighter also was DLC for both Awakening and Fates so it wouldn't be out of place to have it in here.

Dark Flier/Malig Knight, I want Flier Lysithea pls and thank you.

Baron (Armor with magic). Did you know that Edelgard learns Luna from Reason? I never knew because she has no reason to go magic and her unique classline is literally just Fortress Knight 2: The Fortressing. Really, seeing Edelgard use Raging Storm into Luna is the only reason I want this. Or maybe I'll just cope and make Dark Knight Edel for the memes.

I've made my thoughts on this pretty clear.

Intermediate:

Lancer - Lance B

Advanced:

Halberdier - Lance A, Sword C

Sky Knight (Pegasi) - Lance A, Flying C

Ritualist - Reason B, Axe C

Master:

Sentinel - Lance A, Sword A

Spoiler

The stalwart Sentinel is a natural defender with well-rounded stats. 

Bunker (increased def/res by 6 while on defensive terrain such as thickets, forests, and healing tiles)

Lancefaire

Swordfaire

Trueblade - Sword A, Gauntlet A

Spoiler

Experienced duelists with high evasion.

Avo +20

Swordfaire

Gauntletfaire

Gains Regnal Astra on mastery. Astra that gains an increased 20% crit chance per hit.

Whisper - Sword A, Bow A

Spoiler

Ascended Assassins or Snipers who have mastered the sword and the bow.

Steal

Locktouch

Bow Range +2

Gains Fatality on mastering. Combat art that restores health and grants Gold if it kills the target.

Inquisitor - Sword A, Faith A

Spoiler

Zealous assassins of the faith. They excel at healing allies and smiting evil while evading attacks. 

Steal

Locktouch

Seraphim

(Doubles use of Seraphim if already learned.)

Vanguard - Sword A, Axe A

Spoiler

Experienced Heroes with well rounded stats and high Defense and Dexterity.

Swordfaire

Axefaire

Leadership (gain 1 additional Gambit use per battle)

Sage - Male Only, Reason A, Faith A

Spoiler

Wise Bishops or Warlocks.

White Magic Heal +10

Physic

Thoron

(Doubles uses of Physic and Thoron if these spells are already learned).

Druid - Reason A, Axe A

Spoiler

Practitioners of long forgotten rites.

Black Magic Uses x2

Dark Magic Uses x2

Fiendish Blow

On mastery, gains the combat art Execution (a magical axe attack which deals high damage and ignores enemy Resistance)

Dark Apostle - Male Only, Reason A, Axe C

Requires Dark Seal and Dark Bishop certification

Spoiler

The highest form of Dark Mage.

Hades

Quake

Heart Seeker

Alchemist - Reason A, Bow A

Spoiler

Combines arcane arts and arrows to become a living siege weapon and powerful tactical support.

Bow Range +2

Concoct (Select Concoct during turn to create a Concoction)

Toss (Select Toss during turn to toss a concoction at the target area, healing allies in a 4 square radius. Consumes 1 concoction use.)

Gains Elixir Arrow on mastery. This combat art deals magical damage to the target foe. After combat, it damages foes and heals allies adjacent to the target foe. 

Malig Knight (Wyvern) - Flying A, Reason A, Lance C

Spoiler

Wyvern Riders with decreased stats but possessing some magical affinity.

Black Tomefaire

Dark Tomefaire

Miasma

Divine Flier (Pegasi) - Female Only Flying A, Faith A, Lance C 

Spoiler

Flying priests and clerics.

White Tomefaire

White Magic Uses x2

White Magic Heal +1

Unique:

Fell Star - Byleth only

Proficient in Swords, Reason, Armor, Authority

Unlocked in Crimson flower, then permanently.

Spoiler

Byleth after turning his back on the faith. Trained vigorously in the magical arts by the empire.

Swordfaire

Thoron

Black Magic Uses ×2

With my added classes, sword users  in particular would have a metric ton of versatility. They could go from Swordmaster/Hero to Trueblade, Champion, Sentinel, or Mortal Savant. Axe users would also gain a couple of alternate paths. And Lancers would get a dedicated infantry class.

Edited by Etheus

I think keeping magic out of the flying classes was a conscious choice they made for balancing reasons. As it is, Wyvern Lord is already the best class in the game to the point where you basically want to put every viable unit into it outside of your magic users. Adding a Malig Knight, no matter how many penalties you put on it, would be broken, especially with the Thyrsus staff adding +2 magic range.

That being said, I do agree with your other two ideas in principle. Mortal Savant is not a straight upgrade from Swordmaster and you don't always want it, but Swordmaster is really hurting with only 5 movement.

On the one hand, I really want a mage flyer like Malig Knight, and possibly a bow flyer like a kinshi knight. Problem is, I’m also kinda scared of that happening, because once that happens, this really will be Flyer Emblem, magic classes and Bow Knight are kinda the only reason to use non-flying classes atm, so I do worry that would destroy the class balance even more.

That said, short of major buffs to the infantry classes and big changes to the maps, I don’t see anything unseating flyers from their lofty perch (no pun intended) so I still want flying mages.

I’d also like an Oni Chieftain-esque class, something with axes and magic, something for Annette and Edelgard (with her budding talent) to use.

Finally, some sort of martial artist class that uses magic and Brawling (and for once is actually usable by females so Brawling isn’t entirely male exclusive).  

2 minutes ago, Jakkun said:

Dread Fighter/Trueblade (because Mortal Savant is whack). Dread Fighter also was DLC for both Awakening and Fates so it wouldn't be out of place to have it in here.

Is it possible that Mortal Savant is intended to be the same class as Dread Fighter? From a translation standpoint their names seem similar, they use the same weapons, and they have a similar aesthetic. It's not a good class but it seemingly fits that archetype.

6 minutes ago, Chaotix said:

Is it possible that Mortal Savant is intended to be the same class as Dread Fighter? From a translation standpoint their names seem similar, they use the same weapons, and they have a similar aesthetic. It's not a good class but it seemingly fits that archetype.

Most likely, which dissapoints me. It seems they took more from Awakening's incarnation of the class (the only one to use magic) most likely. I personally would've preferred they would've taken more from Gaiden/Echoes (7 move, high res) or even Fates' (covers multiple physical weapon types) versions of the class.

Are we sure there are DLC classes though? I don't recall it in the summary of DLC content we were given.

If they do though, Spearman, Lancer, Halberdier, Sentinel, whatever you wanna call it. I'm so tired of not having this option, lance infantry is literally the most common type of soldier in the history of mankind, it's so stupidly simple and yet it's been more than 10 years (I'm not considering whatever the hell Fates had, that just looks too dumb).

Flying mages would be fun, but they'd be OP so I'm not sure. They could be interesting if they were balanced, but considering it'd be DLC it's most likely the opposite of balance (eg. broken on purpose).

17 minutes ago, timon said:

If they do though, Spearman, Lancer, Halberdier, Sentinel, whatever you wanna call it. I'm so tired of not having this option, lance infantry is literally the most common type of soldier in the history of mankind, it's so stupidly simple and yet it's been more than 10 years (I'm not considering whatever the hell Fates had, that just looks too dumb).

How can you ignore the badassery that is having a giant flag firmly clenched between your buttocks?
In all seriousness, though, I agree with you. Spear Fighter was okay, but Spear Master just looked hilariously stupid with that flag.

As for my own wants: I just want an update to balance the classes we currently have. Give infantry higher movement, for one. Warlock and Bishop, Advanced tier classes, with 4 move is freaking ridiculous. As far as classes to add go, I'd want a "real" upgrade to Hero, Swordmaster, or Assassin. The current class roster is kind of screwed on the sword infantry front.
Personally, I view the Master classes more as side grades than anything else, so I have no issue keeping someone a Hero/Warrior/whatever until the very end, but still. Would be nice to have some options, you know?

I think it'll just be tier 2.5 classes or 0 tier classes like Dancer so that everyone will be able to use it as the start (kind of like the DLC classes in Fates).

But if they listen to feedback and add classes to missing links of class lines as a part of the free update that'd be fucking awesome.

Something that uses heavy armor; only one class line in the game for an entire skill set is an odd design choice. A million mounts and a handful of flying classes, but just one line of armors. And on top of that, the armor skill line gets the exact same skill that the armor classes get naturally. Dunno what their mentality was there.

A heavy armor magic class that is high in physical defense and low in res would be interesting, just give it more than 4 move please.

1 hour ago, you_equipped_socks said:

With DLC on the horizon and the success of the game im expecting IS to add new master classes as the current list is a tiny bit disappointing. The only classes I really want is a Mage flyer (Malig Knight), A physical sword unit (Like another level of assassain with the same bowrange as bowknight but footlocked) and a male Gremory type class.

Does anyone have any ideas as to possible classes that could be added?

DQhDhL.jpg

Um...it can never work out. Sorry. -.-

Transgendering is never Nintendo's strong suit.

Edited by PuffPuff

I suspect the DLC classes they add, if they add any at all, will be master classes, or master class equivalents, meaning they won't add any intermediate or advanced classes despite how needed a few such gap-fillers might be (e.g., no Advanced Pegasus Knight). With that in mind:

• Trueblade - Sword S. Swordfaire, Sword Crit +10, Terrain Resistance, Astra+ (Mastery Skill - Combat Art, 5*0.5, 5 durability, sword, Trueblade only). Can use regular Astra. 6 move. 
  • Stalker - Sword A, Bow A. Swordfaire, Locktouch, Bow Range +2, Shadowstep (Mastery Skill - Combat Art, teleport adjacent to enemy and attack as normal, 3 range, 5 durability, sword, Stalker only). Can use Hunter's Volley and Assassinate. 6 move + quasi-Terrain Resistance (same thing Assassin has now - not slowed by trees, etc.).
  • General - Axe A, Heavy Armor A. Axefaire, Weight -5, Intimidation Aura (reduces all stats aside from HP and Cha of adjacent enemies by 10%), Shield Bash (Mastery Skill - Passive, guaranteed follow-up if shield is equipped, damage scales with shield's Prt value, effective against armor, General only). Counts as an armor unit. 5 move.
  • Berserker - Axe S. Axefaire, Axe Crit +10, Berserker Impulse (increases Str by 1 for every 5% max health this unit is missing), Enrage (Mastery Skill - Combat Art, reduces this unit's own HP by 75% (but not below 1 HP), 0 durability, any weapon, Berserker only). 6 move.
  • Crusader - Lance A, Faith A. Lancefaire, Lance Crit +10, Zeal (when casting offensive white magic, this unit gains bonus Mag equal to Str/3), Holy Strike (Mastery Skill - Combat Art, adds 2 damage to attack for every rank in Faith above D (so 2 at D+, 4 at C, and so on to a max of 18 at S+) and prevents follow-up attacks, effective against dragons and beasts, 8 durability, lance, Crusader only). Can use white magic only. 6 move. 
  • Dark Apostle - Axe B, Reason S, Male only. Servitutem (Dark Magic Spell, 16 might, 1-4 range, 14 weight, 2 uses, cannot double, prevents follow-up attack; animation is raising a skeleton that fights for, and takes damage in place of, this unit, then falls apart at the end of the battle), Sanguinus (Dark Magic Spell, Physic-style range, 2 uses, damages target ally for 10% of their max HP to fully restore this unit's HP, cannot reduce target ally's HP below 1), Fiendish Blow, Silentium (Mastery Skill - Dark Magic Spell, deals heavy damage to enemy based on enemy's own Mag stat and, if enemy is non-commander/non-beast, permanently silences them, 1-6 range, 16 weight, 2 use, prevents follow-up attack, Dark Apostle only). 5 move. Can use black and dark magic only. Requires Dark Seal.
  • Liberator - Sword A, Axe B, Heavy Armor B, Male only. Swordfaire, Vantage, Sol (Dex% chance to heal for half damage dealt), Protector (Mastery Skill - Passive, raises this unit's Str and Spd by 6 for one turn if an adjacent ally takes damage, does not stack, Liberator only). Counts as an armor unit. 6 move. 

All of these being infantry classes. I should note that Dark Apostle is "Male only" just because it follows the Dark Mage line, which is "Male only" by default, just as Liberator is "Male only" because it follows the Hero line. I'd rather all of these classes lose gender lock.

Edited by magnetic_cactus
typo

I feel we need more sword based classes . While falcon has a C for sword it’s also female only . And mortal servant doesent help with non magic users ., Trueblade/Halberdier/Berserker for the old weapon triangle trio . All foot based and non gender exclusive with requirement of S rank in a weapon and some other things like maybe halberdier needing a rank in heavy armor 

I do want to see a flying mage but I would actually like it if they locked it in such a way that it can only use faith magic and focused also on swords 

A sword based Calvary unit would also be pretty good (we got great knight for axe , bow knight for bow and many others require lance ) 

finally I wanna see level 20 flier for males and some sort of brawler class for females 

There are a couple of characters that have combinations not geared to a specific Master class. Annette, Felix, and Mercedes come to mind. Oni Chieftain, a Sword/Brawl class, and Adventurer would be welcome additions. I also agree with most of what has been suggested thus far. I'm very much interested in classes like Gremory and War Master having versions for the opposite genders.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Personally, I view the Master classes more as side grades than anything else, so I have no issue keeping someone a Hero/Warrior/whatever until the very end, but still. Would be nice to have some options, you know?

I feel like Master classes ARE supposed to be a side-grade, but... then cases like Gremory and War Masters exist, which are just straight upgrades from Warlock/Bishop and Grappler/Warrior. Warlock/Bishop maybe arguable, since you're trading specialization for more utility, but War Master is a straight upgrade.

2 hours ago, nhaer042 said:

There are a couple of characters that have combinations not geared to a specific Master class. Annette, Felix, and Mercedes come to mind. Oni Chieftain, a Sword/Brawl class, and Adventurer would be welcome additions. I also agree with most of what has been suggested thus far. I'm very much interested in classes like Gremory and War Master having versions for the opposite genders.

Felix has a budding talent in Reason, so I get the feeling he's definitely intended to be geared towards Mortal Savant. The developers just forgot to give him anything beyond the hidden talent and Black Magic Crit +10 in that line.

Edited by Slumber

I'm fine with there being no flying mage class, and it's not like there's a gap in the class progression system relating to it. Besides, Levin Sword+ is fairly easy to get. More fundamentally, I feel all units should have the opportunity to start naturally building their preferred mount/armour skill at intermediate, rather than having it be restricted to advanced or even master and thus having to pick up their skills wholly through instruction.

Free options to fix up big class gaps:

a) A flying option for guys at intermediate. Simply opening up Pegasus Knight is workable, but probably unlikely. Since in many ways the Pegasus Knight is already an advanced class masquerading as an intermediate one, I'd simply move that class up to advanced and add a one-size-fits-all flier class at intermediate for everyone with a lax weapon requirement of say, D in axe OR lance.

b) Horse mage at intermediate and advanced. To balance, I'd suggest possibly bringing back the Noble/Commoner spellcasting restriction of half uses perhaps, at least to the intermediate class.

c) Female kung-fu option at advanced. It could be as simple as adding Brawling to Fighter (or hell, Swordmaster) or add a new option, I don't mind either way.

Paid DLC options can be mostly as master level so they can a lot more wide-ranging and niche in terms of utility - they serve to cap the class progression and not form in integral part of the chain so go wild. I have no specific suggestions but happy to go along with previous suggestions really.

4 hours ago, nhaer042 said:

Felix budding talent make him quite geared towards mortal savant.

---------

On topic, I don't expect much from dlc classes, since what is want would change mostly everything. I think they missed an opportunity leaving daggers out. With them in mind, I'd have all the class tree revamped, with each competence having it's own, which would be unlocked with the specific seal (like the dark seal, or the old hero and knight crests, Elysium whip...), which would be reduced in numbers and you'd need them just for the base class. Unlocking the base class would unlock everything down the line up to three advanced class. Master classes would be hybrid alternatives to the advanced classes, but actually the same tier. The cavalier tree would no longer be locked to lances (that'd be the halberdier tree), the hero would be taken up to the master level (with a different skill maybe).

Of course, riding and flying should be nerfed, like horses losing their canto skill when hit with a given weapon or flyers having their movement reduced whenever they are hit. Having those properties but into some weapons (infantry only lances and bows), and HAVING ENEMIES USE THEM, would make infantry useful again.

Edit: and separating dark magic and anima magic into different competences.

Edited by paladin21
Forgot something

12 hours ago, Etheus said:

Ritualist - Reason B, Axe C

Druid - Reason A, Axe A

Reveal hidden contents

Practitioners of long forgotten rites. Comes with Black Magic uses x2, Dark Magic Uses x2, and Execution (a magical axe attack which ignores enemy Resistance)

These sound like they were made with a certain Faerghus mage in mind, which I'm all for. :)

Seriously, the current class lineup doesn't do Annette justice.