It's funny how the "Hardly any games are connected" meme still exists.

Like, why do so many people not realise that most FE games take place in the same world/universe?  

FE1,3,11 and 12 all take place in Archanea.  
FE2 and 15 are next to Archanea (in 15 you can even travel there).  
FE13 takes place in Archanea and Valentia like 3000 years later. This game also has the Deadlords from FE4 and FE5. FE4 and FE5 also have Naga as their God, just like in the Archanea games.  
FE13 also has Priam (and his Ragnell), who is 99% sure to be a descendant of Ike, which connects FE9 and FE10.  

That's already 11 games connected from lore alone. The remaining games are connected via the different weapons that appear in FE13 like the Sol Katti and Armads from FE7 (therefore also connecting FE6), "Ephraim's Pike", "Innes' Bow", etc. from FE8. And ofcourse FE16 has the Archanea relics, so that makes every game outside of FE14 connected with eachother.  

Sure, Fates has Inigo, Owain and Severa from Awakening, but they traveled through realms or whatever, so that doesn't count.

It just baffles me that so many people spread false information that the games take place in many different universes.

When most of those connections are done via the Outrealms, which is canonically a transdimensional portal, or through similar procedures... yes, it's factually true to say we're talking of different universes.

The only continious existence that we have is Archanea/Ylisse, Valentia/Valm, and Jugdral sharing the same universe. Everything else is still left to speculation, or it's the result of interdimensional shenanigans.

Are they connected? Yes. Sharing a single universe, however? Nope.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

56 minutes ago, Very epic FE gamer said:

FE4 and FE5. FE4 and FE5 also have Naga as their God, just like in the Archanea games.  

FE13 also has Priam (and his Ragnell), who is 99% sure to be a descendant of Ike, which connects FE9 and FE10.

FE16 has the Archanea relics

1) jugdral is another continent in the same world of akaneia iirc, except genealogy and thracia take place something like 1000/2000 years before shadow dragon

2) i'll just pretend i didn't read this

3) they're just a reference, don't read too much into these things

if 3H had a weapon called audhulma, would that mean joshua somehow reached fódlan?

True. Many games do have their connection but its usually just in the form of trivia instead of any meaningful connection.

Archenea and Valentia are the only continents and story that really intertwine with each others while Ylisse and Fateslandia have some shared fanservice between them. But as a new player you can hop into just about any Fire Emblem without being worried about the baggage from previous games.

It's really hard to connect games that aren't FE1-5+Awakening.

Awakening has Priam, but the high gods/creation of those worlds don't coalesce. Same deal with FE16. Considering Tellius and Fodlan have explicit creators/creation stories, which contradict each other, it's very unlikely that they're connected. It makes it really hard to connect these three worlds because of it.

Fates is the only game that basically confirms the events it happens in a different dimension compared with the "main timeline" (Kaga Games + Awakening) as far as I remember; the other games are in more grey areas.

Anyone who cares about this has too much time on their hands.

For the most part, it's best to treat each game as a self-contained experience.

And with that said, there are way too many people who demand new players to play the Tellius games before Awakening and Fates because of such flimsy connections as amiibo characters and Priam McFanservice.  If folks are gonna go that route, then you might as well just play the entire series because it's chock full of those kinds of connections.  And while you're at it, play the entire Super Smash Bros. series to completion, play Project X Zone, play the Cipher TCG, play Fire Emblem Heroes, play Fire Emblem Warriors, play TMS #FE, play Monster Hunter Frontier G, and play Code Name S.T.E.A.M. because Fire Emblem characters and references are in all of those.

Yeah, point is that this crap matters about as much as the stupid timeline for the Zelda series that kept changing for no good reason until they just threw up their hands and said themselves that it didn't mean dick.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Awakening has Priam, but the high gods/creation of those worlds don't coalesce. Same deal with FE16. Considering Tellius and Fodlan have explicit creators/creation stories, which contradict each other, it's very unlikely that they're connected. It makes it really hard to connect these three worlds because of it.

Well, if you really want to pull out all the BS stops, you could pull a Dragon Ball Super and just make a bigger god than those gods and say the bigger god is in charge of the entire multiverse and just let the gods loose in their own little worlds.

But that's only if you're really dedicated to rationalizing blatant fanservice in-universe.  Which clearly Intelligence Systems is not because they have yet to explain why Camilla rides a dragon in battle panties or why almost every female doesn't cover their pelvic region when they change to more armored classes in Fates and Awakening.  And they shouldn't be, because that's just pretentious.

I feel like the only time people try to push the narrative these games aren't connected is when the uninitiated ask "I've never played Fire Emblem before, how many games must I play to catch up". And to be fair we may be adding to the confusion when we refer to the games as FE4, FE10, FE16, etc. Implying these are numbered sequels when in reality we just want to save time writing out those subtitiles. I literally cannot write "Geneology of the Holy War" without getting bored halfway through. It's true that some other franchises like Final Fantasy can have numbers on games that aren't sequels or even set in the continuity or universe, but it's certainly not the norm. And a misconception that fanbase has to deal with all the time.

Not to kick the hornet's nest but yeah I feel pretty confident suggesting that Priam had come from the giant Outrealm Gate. That Gate is still there in the game world even if you never connect your 3DS online. Awakening's other free dlc paralogues like the ones with dead villains returning to life are also of questionable canon. Either Awakening connects all of the universes into the same multiverse or we just say "meh" to these fanservicey side stories and disregard them. 

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Awakening also uses the Outrealms.

Indeed, both use Outrealms, but the baby dimensions are the Deeprealms. Apparently those are less like portals to other worlds like the Outrealms, and more like little pocket dimensions where time is accelerated.

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Indeed, both use Outrealms, but the baby dimensions are the Deeprealms. Apparently those are less like portals to other worlds like the Outrealms, and more like little pocket dimensions where time is accelerated.

I suppose it's all relative. A pocket dimension is a world of its own right. Anyway, the point of the mention of the Outrealm is that most of the franchise references are done through it.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose it's all relative. A pocket dimension is a world of its own right. Anyway, the point of the mention of the Outrealm is that most of the franchise references are done through it.

Agreed. It seems like that'll be the way IS explains any references between games that otherwise can't really take place in the same world.

• 10 months later...