Projared Addresses His Accusations

Captain Karnage

I've watched his video from start to finish, and he addresses his accusations.

He did a remarkable level of research to go and prove his innocence

I felt the need to share this here since this was a hot topic here a while ago, I thought this would be a good thing to share here

Gosh he looks and sounds half dead. Not that I'd blame him for that after all that's happened. 

I'm not entirely sure yet who to believe but I can say I do respect this video. Its not a half hearted apology nor an attempt to sweep things under the rug. He does directly adress the issues and makes some strong points in his favor. The subject matter is chosen with great care. A lot of drama is about what supposedly happened between Jared and his wife but the biggest issue has always been that nasty business with underage fans. And that's exactly what the bulk of the video is about.

I wonder how much good it will do. Jared claims the months were needed for investigation but perhaps too much time has passed for people to truly pick up his side. Maybe people already made his decision or maybe other channels won't cover this video.

If you ask me it does seem like he manages to talk about the underage minor problem well enough. Curious to see how the people he addresses in the vid will response.

Right now when I go to their twitter it says that only some people can see their tweets.

AS SOMEBODY WHO DOES NOT KNOW THIS CHANNEL AND STEERS CLEAR OF GROSS YOUTUBE DRAMA STORIES, CAN I PLEASE ASK WHY THIS SUPPOSEDLY CALM, RATIONAL VIDEO IS IN ALL CAPS LIKE ANY OTHER VIDEO FISHING FOR CLICKS? 

Just seems inappropriate, you know?

The Charlie/Chai case looks like it's already been resolved unless he's manipulating the evidence he's presenting. Other than that, it's still essentially a "he said, she said" case for anyone that cares up until the investigation/proceedings wrap up.

It doesn't seem like anyone's pursuing legal action on him anyway so at the end of the day, it all doesn't really amount to anything but it sure does suck for him to lose some of his following due to incomplete information and it should server as a reminder to people that before making judgments, you should see the evidence and how the people conduct themselves on the matter. His conduct doesn't seem like it's from someone who's guilty or is actively trying to hide stuff.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

AS SOMEBODY WHO DOES NOT KNOW THIS CHANNEL AND STEERS CLEAR OF GROSS YOUTUBE DRAMA STORIES, CAN I PLEASE ASK WHY THIS SUPPOSEDLY CALM, RATIONAL VIDEO IS IN ALL CAPS LIKE ANY OTHER VIDEO FISHING FOR CLICKS? 

Just seems inappropriate, you know?

Honestly I'll give the ALL caps thing a pass this time. He had a very serious accusation thrown his way and I think having a bolder title to get more people's attention is for the better so the information can spread better.

One more the better 'response to drama' videos I have seen. Not dodging the major topics is nice. However, he probably should have made smarter decisions in the past. Hope his ex-wife gives an extended rebuttal rather than another angry Twitter post.

Given what he's shown, I don't think he's a predator but at the same time, he shouldn't have made that blog regardless of how much he emphasizes consent and age.

He claims that he never cheated and that Heidi may be more in the wrong than most people realize but at this point, this is really just a 'he said she said' situation. Frankly, their relationship is no one's business and it's pretty self-righteous for people to keep clinging on to this as if it's comparable to soliciting to minors.

No one knows who the abuser is or if there was any cheating. The only people that know is Heidi and Jared.

I've seen people try to counter his points by saying that he's using Chai's brain injury as gaslighting and that his age and consent policy isn't an excuse. The former is more plausible than the latter and I have pretty mixed feelings about it. Other than that, some of the other counters I've seen, are pearl-clutching at best.

I did see a while back the same thing that this Chai person was unreliable so I am actually glad that it is unlikely this side was true.

However, I am less inclined to believe honeyed words from someone who has shown manipulative behaviour, while complaining others are.

Jared doesnt really have any moral high ground to speak of, and is still dumb because he put his face in dick pics he sends to fans while in a position of authority. That, and him not cheating on his wife would still be up in the air. He doesnt really say anything about it and has little other than his own word.

Him not being a pedo doesnt mean he proved anything else really. I didnt even know about this other cosplayers claims. With all said: no legal implications it seems like, but likely still moral failings and a dumbass. Golf clap.

Edited by Tryhard

I noticed there were ads on his video, so apparently it's monetized...? Also, he seems to have socialized with Keemstar on Twitter, which is a big red flag considering that person's bad reputation. Also, his fans are apparently searching his name on Twitter to strike back at anyone who dares question him with "did you watch the video", giving me some very unfortunately familiar vibes to fans of a certain questionable VA who had his own troubles earlier this year.

Better counter than I expected, but he's not purely innocent.

Honestly, at this point I feel like all three of them (including Holly and Heidi) are guilty of something questionable.

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I noticed there were ads on his video, so apparently it's monetized...?

YouTube will put ads on videos, even if they aren’t monetized.

@Captain Karnage I saw that.  I never did unsub from Jared, initially from morbid curiosity, but I'm glad I didn't.

I think he did a good job of proving his innocence or at least casting very serious reasonable doubt on the worst of the accusations.  When all this was coming out, I watched pretty closely.  I tried to wait for all the facts before making a decision, and when it was just the cheating, I was pretty ambivalent, since that happens every day in celebrity circles.  It wasn't until the underage accusations that I really started to think Jared was in the wrong.  I'm sorry I, and many others, fell for these false accusations.  I hope Jared pursues legal action against them for literally ruining his life.

The other two things:

The marital strife and cheating between Jared and Heidi: this is really between them, and it seems Heidi is the one who decided to air out their dirty laundry.  Jared's explanations in the video over this were less "convincing", but they didn't really need to be.  Relationships break up, it happens, they should have kept it private.  Heidi started out looking innocent, but looked worse and worse as time went on.

The lewd blog/forum/whatever.  I won't deny I got a laugh out of all this coming to light, but this is really a gray area, only that he's a celebrity.  If he was just some random guy with a fetish forum, would we be thinking it's as objectionable?

The funny thing about the cheating accusation is that society is woke enough to say its a personal affair, but thankfully still acknowledges that it's wrong.

The other really funny thing about the cheating accusations is that its about people who had an open marriage. Some people don't expect the Devil to lie, I tell ya.

I'm very glad to see increasing evidence that the most serious accusations (#euphemisms) are likely to be false, better for the world to contain a couple liars than a predator.

ProJared is still a thot, but that wasn't news six months ago.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, Rezzy said:

If he was just some random guy with a fetish forum, would we be thinking it's as objectionable?

The fetish blog and the mass distribution of nudes are thot-like behaviors, even for people without "positions of authority."

The patron saint of tech support, Mutahar, had some sage advice. You shouldn't put your junk on the internet, especially if you have a young audience.
Now, I don't want to sound like I want to keep dunking on this guy. However, it must be said that these were reckless actions in addition to thot-like actions.

Gotta say that I like the first thirty five or so minutes of the video than the rest of it. An attempt to make methodical counterarguments is good, but I really don't like the appeals to sympathy he makes about all the people who dunked on him. Again, Saint Mutahar wisely mentions that commentary videos will be made and one shouldn't be upset by them. Jared implies a lot of videos are biased against him when they make quite clear that the allegations were unproven. I don't like things like that. It's not sexually immoral but still goes against my values concerning public discourse.

It's gonna be great when his subscriber count starts going up again. "Can't wait for 1 mil subs! Been here since 1 mil!"

Maybe we'll finally get a Final Fantasy 5 review I tell ya h'wat.