LHB - Julia: Crusader of Light

mampfoid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid at it again, this one was nice. And even without a Dancer. I hope that some day Legendary LuCena shares a banner with Legendary Julia. She is so good for such setups.

Not so fancy but at least I did Abyssal quite nicely and with a little unexpected Unit.
Used L!Azura, Athena, Dimitri and Summer Ursula. Why I pushed Summer Ursula through don't ask me, I just found a Horse with Dagger useful for my setup. 
Dimitri has such a good Damage output for Abyssal, sadly one Savage Blow was necessary and a little debuff. Which is why I used Ursula. 

Spoiler

Bk8iDNS.png?1

9WMbCIp.png?1

Infernal was a pain in the butt, but I somehow managed to clear it using blue Reinhardt, regular Eirika, NY!Azura, and Eir. Flier formation was the key, as was positioning characters in general.

But I did end up missing about an hour of sleep trying to figure it out >_>

The power trio and L!Lucina beat Infernal once again. Julia defeated her Legendary counterpart with a Desperation-double, while L!Ike and L!Lucina did plenty of good work as usual. Also as usual, B!Lucina mostly sat around and buffed everyone's Speed.

I've been a bit out of the battle vids scene after some busy weeks, but i've put my new team to work. After a long time i've finally got my own Shiro and the Boey/Mae refined just came in. Perfect time for a opposite emblem run. Just Infernal as of now.
@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy @Landmaster @Nanima

The map wasn't entirely working in Shiro and Mae's favour, but both had their supportive roles to play. Siegbert went on a killing spree and Boey tanked where needed.

Edited by Sasori

@mampfoid Wow, you made this one seem so easy, and all that exact dmg going on to kill Julia and also get the GF beacon going. Really cool stuff. 

@kirauza343 Already putting the free B!Micaiah to use I see. Elincia was easily the MVP of the map with all those quads she had going but Miccy also did a lot to destroy the horses and the annoying mages. You were in absolute control of the map at all times and it shows how strong your fliers are even when they're mostly unbuffed.

- - - -

So yeah, for me this map was hell. It is a perfect counter for my solo strats and as such I was unable to find a way to clear it I need a Mythic hero that makes all your units effective against fliers, plz IS that way so I just made a more traditional clear. 

Considering officer Hilda is part of the team I'll have to cover this up as Hilda being tasked with watching, learning and providing backup to her senior Eirika as she's facing an extremely dangerous mission (aka, someone brainwashed a young girl and gave her a book that contains god-like powers and she's rampaging all over the place. Now it falls into the elite officer squad to deal with this poor soul before she consumes all of the outrealms). 

Useless head canon lore aside, Kaden was the star for what he did during that first turn. Without that I don't know how I would've been able to tackle this monstrous map. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

How are people able to do things like two dancers and Reinhardt and Brave Lyn and win? This doesn't work for me, the abyssal enemies are way too stat inflated. My Reinhardt is +10, btw, and still would get one-rounded by several of these units.

If you're asking for skills, I used:
+1 Brave Lyn (+spd), with Brave Bow+ Luna, Fury, Desperation, and Brazen Atk/Spd seal.
+9 Rein (+atk), with luna, Deathblow3, Lancebreaker, and Sturdy Blow2 seal
Dancers had Atk Tactics+Drive Spd and Drive Atk+Drive Atk for support skills.

If you were asking for strats instead, I hit the frontline Axe Infantry guy with Lyn (didn't kill him), danced her, and then had her kill the Red Mage, putting her into WoM range, got danced, and killed the Bow Knight up top as well. Then Rein pulled the first dancer to safety.
After that it was smooth sailing since the reinforcements didn't overwhelm or corner like they usually do in other LHB maps.

I used flyer team of Tibarn, Naesala, Rayson and F!Grima up to lunatic and then used PM1's video to get the rest of the orbs because I had almost zero sleep yesterday because we are in a heat wave and I was feeling lazy.  I don't care about abysmal so I don't do those maps.

2 hours ago, Integrity said:

im so proud of you

You should! Since you kept the new rules short, I was able to read everything. 

Seriously: I like the new subforum. Perhaps we could have a kind of link/placeholder from the general feh forum to the topic of the newest map? (I tend to overlook subforums)

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

at it again, this one was nice. And even without a Dancer. I hope that some day Legendary LuCena shares a banner with Legendary Julia. She is so good for such setups.

Good luck getting her! As useful as Lucina is, she is also a pain in AR and arena. FV is hard to predict (at least for me). 

Nice setup of yours! Dimitri got a strange condition on his lance, but I bet he is useful on such maps. 

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Huh, tried to run a somewhat meme team, its surprisingly pretty fun, and really easy to use

Yeah should have 2 video this time around

Stop teasing already, where is the stuff? Expecting a new dimension of bloopers.

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

The map wasn't entirely working in Shiro and Mae's favour, but both had their supportive roles to play. Siegbert went on a killing spree and Boey tanked where needed.

Welcome back!

Opposite emblem? How does it work? Looks like a double date.

Siegbert is a real sweeper here, but I also liked how the others had to perform at least one unlikely tank moment. Your Boey is pretty cool, will you merge him until +10? 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Wow, you made this one seem so easy, and all that exact dmg going on to kill Julia and also get the GF beacon going. Really cool stuff

Glad you liked it, it was fun to solve. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Useless head canon lore aside, Kaden was the star for what he did during that first turn. Without that I don't know how I would've been able to tackle this monstrous map. 

Yeah, reinforcements make it real hard (again) it seems. Already thought Julia and the blue flier being hard to take down for your Eirika.

Kaden was the perfect helper for turn one. Totally forgot Hilda wasn't that tanky, so I was a bit shocked when the Lance flier nearly killed her. 

She is really a cool unit, hitting very hard. Congrats to your clear! 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You should! Since you kept the new rules short, I was able to read everything. 

Seriously: I like the new subforum. Perhaps we could have a kind of link/placeholder from the general feh forum to the topic of the newest map? (I tend to overlook subforums)

people tend to overlook subforums and also overlook pinned threads 😭 you're not alone by far

@Alexmender That pulse smoke really came in handy, Julia’s Dragon Fang is really deadly (found that out the hard way with Brave Micaiah). Surviving a round with her is a huge achievement for Kaden! Great teamwork all around. I hate that you weren’t able to solo it but this is definitely a difficult map to solo with a red unit. So many annoying blue units

I love my free Micaiah already, but I’m hoping I can pull a +atk or spd (speed meme builds are so much fun on her!) version eventually.

Celica & Co. beat up Abyssal. Maybe if the healer hadn’t spawned where she did, it would’ve been possible to take Julia on with just Celica & Savage Blow damage...as it is, Azura had to weaken her.

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

If you're asking for skills, I used:
+1 Brave Lyn (+spd), with Brave Bow+ Luna, Fury, Desperation, and Brazen Atk/Spd seal.
+9 Rein (+atk), with luna, Deathblow3, Lancebreaker, and Sturdy Blow2 seal
Dancers had Atk Tactics+Drive Spd and Drive Atk+Drive Atk for support skills.

If you were asking for strats instead, I hit the frontline Axe Infantry guy with Lyn (didn't kill him), danced her, and then had her kill the Red Mage, putting her into WoM range, got danced, and killed the Bow Knight up top as well. Then Rein pulled the first dancer to safety.
After that it was smooth sailing since the reinforcements didn't overwhelm or corner like they usually do in other LHB maps.

More or less both, really. But I see. I'm not able to give my Reinhardt and Lyn all those things at present, unfortunately, so I guess I can't use that strat. Oh well.

@mampfoid @LordFrigid @Landmaster @daisy jane

Good job team, you get three gold stars.

This one required some big-brain stat manipulation. Everyone had to put in a large effort to clear out the gauntlet of enemies before Julia started moving, which was easier said than done when some enemies couldn't be doubled due to their high Spd. The Blue Thief and Green Mage were the worst offenders, as Titania needed to kill the later but needed Spd buffs or Chill Spd on him to do it (he lives with 1 HP and a charged Special otherwise), which was problematic when the Thief spawned and ate the debuff in his stead; F!Grima needed a straight stat-up seal to get her Spd high enough to one-round the Thief before this happened. Once that puzzle was solved, Julia ended up being much easier to kill due to now being the new victim of Chill Spd.

The "gotcha" for me was the Blue Cavalier, who as it turned out could survive and counter-kill all of my melee due to all of them being weakened by the end; not even Titania could tank his Bonfire with only 26 HP (he did 33 with it). Thankfully after cleaning up positioning, B!Ninian had her Blárblade charged to nuke him from orbit. All that remained by then was the Cleric, who just fell over.

Thankfully someone on the Dev team knew I still had one more path in 3H to beat and decided to give us an easy LHB today~ 

Didn't take that long to crack. Lunatic and Infernal could be done by just tossing Keaton up top, but we needed to stall a bit here so he could transform. Keaton needed some Drive buffs to make sure he handled the first wave and Julia and the rest was pretty player phasable~ If you didn’t notice, we got another merge for HS!Elise and this is the first clear where S!Elise is free from her Atk Bane so it was a nice fun time!

Oh and -Def Ignis because I can~

Spoiler

@mampfoid - Oooh nice set up with Future Vision! That was cool seeing Clair and B!Lucina!

@Ginko - Nice the way you distributed everyone all over the map. Shiro and Siegbert took care of the top while Kagero kept the south clear. I was wondering how you planned on dealing with Julia herself but she made it a clean kill for Shiro, nice~

Mono dagger team seems interesting for taking on this map~ Vantage So the is a monster and Kagero with her boots is able to run around for a lot of kills. And nice job for Kaze getting the final kill!

@LordFrigid - Nice getting that well timed Bonfire to work in your favor~ Mae isn’t seen so often so that was a nice treat with Caeda easily fishing it off~

@kirauza343 - Nice seeing B!Micaiah in action~ Getting that chip damage off on Julia was really risky but your positioning was great to let her hit and run safely. She really put in her best to finally get that kill. Really impressive watching them go all over the map so cleanly~

@ChickenBits - That is a really impressive L!Marth! I see you are also a woman of culture with that Yarne there, always nice to see some lesser seen units!

@Sasori - Another Shiro and Siegbert duo, featuring Boey and Mae~ I see you’re also enjoying those refines for Boey and Mae, they are really fun~ Siegbert really tears this map apart with Galeforce.

@Alexmender - Wow, so Kaden got to come out and play for once. He was quite impressive in combat, helping Eirika to protect Hilda from all these evil minions until she had to step in herself. The “do I have to” and Eirika’s “yes” was great. She got in a lot of work herself. Really great keeping up with all the positioning, too!

@Some Jerk - That was pretty impressive making use of a hit and run strategy to start. The Thief is honestly Satan with 50 Spd and Null Follow-Up. Ninian was able to nuke some of these enemies herself. That’s always fun~ I was wondering who would be the Hero to save us from Julia herself but she pretty much threw herself to the wolves, LOL, why not chase the dragon all by her lonesome? Well once she was out of the way, they were pretty much home free even though it did get a bit risky near the end. Great!

@mampfoid Damn, satisfying numbers. What would you have done if you were 1 off from these

@LordFrigid I'm honestly really impressed Caeda managed to EP the mage. That guy is surprisingly bulky.

@kirauza343 Nice flier team. That was close with the axe cav.

@Alexmender I was wondering what would happen with Julia's Dragon Fang, but I forgot about Pulse Smoke. Good thingthat sacrifice for beating LEliwood keeps on being useful. Also, that "interaction" at 2:28 ("Do I have to?" "Yes?") was kinda funny. Eirika is a strict boss.

@Some Jerk That's a pretty strong Grima, almost handling the top on her own. I oofed when the healer healed off the Savage chip on Julia lol.

@Landmaster I'm on my second run of Three Houses still... I'm sort of taking it slow on the other routes. Nice clear, though. That 77x2 with Dragon Fang from Julia on Keaton was amazing to look at, but it's even harder to believe Keateon just ended her instantly.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner @mcsilas @Zeo

Here's mine. Running double Cordy sure feels good, but unfortunately Summer Cordy wouldn't have quite worked I think. Maybe if a red Cordy comes out, I'll think about the Emblem clear a bit. Though I'll probably give up most of the time.

16 hours ago, Maaka said:

17 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Good job team, you get three gold stars.

Indeed, well done!

Thought Eliwood would finish Julia earlier, but I think Titania deserved the boss kill.

Sunglasses in hell? They look good on Grima though.

16 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Oooh nice set up with Future Vision! That was cool seeing Clair and B!Lucina

Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Oh and -Def Ignis because I can~

Haha, that one made me chuckle. As long as it works ...

Wow, that anti WTA Vantage boss kill was awesome! Keaton is a crazy dude. 

Your Elises got an update, right? Looking great, congrats! 

16 hours ago, Maaka said:

My favorite three monster galeforcers take down abyssal Julia in one turn

That's how it's done, congrats! Quad Cherche is best Cherche (no SPD refined though). 

Why doesn't have your +ATK bold fighter L'Hector Galeforce? 

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Damn, satisfying numbers. What would you have done if you were 1 off from these

Yup, they were. Still had some modifiers open (taking SS from Roy, buffing him, different debuffs and so on).

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here's mine. Running double Cordy sure feels good, but unfortunately Summer Cordy wouldn't have quite worked I think. Maybe if a red Cordy comes out, I'll think about the Emblem clear a bit. Though I'll probably give up most of the time.

Yeah, we definitely need a new Cordy alt soon and of course a prf for og Cordy.

Quads on Julia are the best way to kill her. Still didn't try the quad set on Bridelia, should do that soon. 

Lovely clear, we need an Cordy accessorie for Azura.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wasn't able to beat Abyssal yet, not that I care since I don't like Golden Accessories, but I got Infernal last night

I was curious how Micaiah would fare against Julia, but Est was the better choice it seems. Congrats! 

This one was touch and go for a while, but I eventually got it done (with everyone - even LH!Azura - at single-digit HP). Nino decided to tank a Sword Cavalier, which was amazing.

I went back to record it, though, and couldn't repeat the original clear, so I found a better one where only two of my units dropped to single digits.

I find my clears tend to be boring, but, given that I see some people putting up videos of Celica + 3 dancers clears, my team of 3 blues + Nino isn't actually too unimpressive, so I might join the video-posting club at some point soon.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I was curious how Micaiah would fare against Julia, but Est was the better choice it seems. Congrats! 

Micaiah doesn't survive her Dragon Fang...

That's why I needed a melee unit, like Est, because Nowi cannot harm Julia and Micaiah will not survive to her special attack.

For science I tried tanking Julia with my Titania, who is +10 and has Triangle Adept on her weapon, which puts her on an even higher magetank tier than base Brave Micaiah. She was still oneshot by that pre-charged Dragon Fang.

The only way you're tanking Abyssal Julia is with a unit custom-built for the purpose, meaning Sacred Cowl and everything, which is rarely practical. Rushing her down with melee is just less headache-inducing.