What games have your favorite cast of characters? Least favorite?

Favorite/Least Favorite Cast  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite casts? (Pick 3)

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates: Birthright
    • Fates: Conquest
    • Three Houses
  2. 2. What game had your least favorite cast? (Pick 1)

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates: Birthright
    • Fates: Conquest
    • Three Houses

Thinking about it, untill the next echoes game Jugdral has the worst cast.

Say what you want of the Cammillas, they at least bothered to actually write line for them, there are characters in jugdral that literally have 0 lines outside of death and escape quotes, and other that have less than 5 generic as hell lines.  They are chess pieces not people.

2 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Thinking about it, untill the next echoes game Jugdral has the worst cast.

Say what you want of the Cammillas, they at least bothered to actually write line for them, there are characters in jugdral that literally have 0 lines outside of death and escape quotes, and other that have less than 5 generic as hell lines.  They are chess pieces not people.

Most of Genealogy Gen 1 has something of note outside of say Chulainn. Gen 2 is noticeably weaker though owing in-part to the Subs problem. And Thracia 776 is indeed as you say Jugdral is, but not so many have played Thracia even with the new translation.

Archanea did get remakes already though, and some would argue because the remakes did so little to improve its archaic characters, moreso SD than NM (which tried but could only do so much with so many), and the likelihood of another set of remakes for them is low presently, that Archanea is for the time being the worst. Thracia is presumably 2-3 remakes away, which assuming a B-team at IS dedicated to these, should come within five or eight years I'd think.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Most of Genealogy Gen 1 has something of note outside of say Chulainn. Gen 2 is noticeably weaker though owing in-part to the Subs problem. And Thracia 776 is indeed as you say Jugdral is, but not so many have played Thracia even with the new translation.

I just checked the script and Noishe for example does not have anything outside of the prologue talk, Alec at least teased and Arden and sained Sylvia, but it's all he has. 

Edited by Flere210

Just now, Flere210 said:

I just checked the script and Noishe for example did not have anything outside of the prologue talks, Alec at least teased and Arden and sained Sylvia, but it's all he has. 

I knew there had to be other relative stragglers, I just didn't remember exactly who they are. And Kaga even admitted he made the Sigurd's knights trio forgettable.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

outside of say Chulainn.

Just going to leave this here, Sorry for it being from an older translation it was just easier to find, and remember Holyn is one of the alternate translations of Chulainn.

Spoiler

Ira:
“Holyn, things are coming to a peak, aren’t they.”

Holyn:
“Uh…”

Ira:
“Holyn, I’ve got something I want to ask you. Is that alright?”

Holyn:
“Yeah, what is it?”

Ira:
“Why do you look out for me? Is there something you haven’t told me?”

Holyn:
“Ira, I’ve known you since I was a kid. Keeping you safe means everything to me.”

Ira:
“Eh!? Holyn… Hey, you weren’t that boy from…”

Holyn:
“Yep. I’m the son of the lord of Sophara. You stole my heart at a tender young age, Ira.”

4 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Noishe for example does not have anything outside of the prologue talk

Just going to point these out

Spoiler

Lachesis:
“Noish, wait!”

Noish:
“Lachesis? You’re still here!? I told you to leave for Lenster.”

Lachesis:
“I sent the kids already, but I’m staying to fight.”

Noish:
“Why are you breaking your word with me? The kids need their mother. What if something were to happen to you? And you have King Eltshan’s child to consider, too.”

Lachesis:
“I don’t know where Aless is anymore.”

Noish:
“Well, Sir Sigurd is very concerned about Prince Aless. That boy has lost both of his parents. Aless must mean something to you, as well.”

Lachesis:
“No, it’s just… Ah, nevermind. Look, I am your wife.”

Noish:
“I know you are, and I love you dearly. Don’t you ever forget it.”

Lachesis:
“I won’t. Sorry.”

I guess this second one is a bit generic

Spoiler

Fury:
“Oh, Noish, I’ve been looking for you!”

Noish:
“Fury, you alright?”

Fury:
“I’m fine.”

Noish:
“Good. Fury, you be careful. You’re no longer caring for just yourself, you know.”

Fury:
“I hope our kids back in Silesia are doing okay, as well. I’m dying to see them again.”

Noish:
“Yep, me too. Let’s get this war over with quickly.”

Fury:
“Yes, let’s do that. Noish, you be careful, too.”

It seems people like to forget the lover conversations of chapter 5, and like the idea of supports that would follow the lovers mechanics some characters only shine if you help them bond with others.

Favorites:

1. Three Houses: While I haven't finished all the routes, Golden Deer and Blue Lions have some fantastic characters. They aren't held down to a character trait but feel like real people. With a smaller cast, the supports feel more refined than the games with larger casts.

2. Gaiden/SOV: Just giving them a voice and some supports really made this cast feel natural. Tobin and Gray play off each other very well. Saber is badass. Mae and Boey are hilarious. The only characters I felt were not as polished were Sonya (why did they give her 1 support with Genny of all people) and Deen (more supports please).
3. Tellius: Before these two existed, Tellius was my favorite cast. So many supports I was looking forward to reading.

Least Favorite:

Birthright: I like a few of the Conquest characters (Leo, Charlotte, Support!Xander, Awakening Trio, and Benny). With Birthright, I only like Reina, Azama and maybe Saizo. The Fates cast, to me, felt more gimmicky than Awakening. 

Tellius and Three Houses by far! No other cast has made me like them nearly as much. Tellius has so many awesomely written and designed characters and also the best lord, Ike. ❤️

Three Houses has a lot of interesting characters, most notably Claude and Sylvain for me. I love both these boys so much! Claude also got pretty handsome after the timeskip, and I swear Sylvain has the greatest smile ever. That smile alone gets me every time with him. :3

Least favorite is Fates in general, but I voted Conquest since Nohr has more characters I dislike than anything. Almost no one here is interesting to me at all, the only exceptions being Silas and Elise, and Silas is available on all routes, so he doesn't count as much.

Edited by Anacybele

Favorite is by far Blazing Blade. Bot only does it have the best Fire Emblem protagonist of all time with Lyn, the rest of the cast is just SUPER well-written. Other two favorites...not quite sure. I'll tentatively say Sacred Stones and Binding Blade.

Least favorite is definitely Fates: Conquest. By far.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Favorites Blazing, Tellius, and Conquest.  I like 3H, but it's far too soon to see if they stand the test of time, and I haven't finished all the routes yet.

I don't really dislike any casts as a whole, but I picked Mystery, since 90% of the characters have pretty much no characterization.

Picking three options is definitely easier than just picking one. Can't really rmb what I voted yesterday but it's probably New Mystery, Awakening and either Birthright or Conquest. I have not played Three houses (yet) and Binding Blade (probably never gonna play it), and I don't really remember Thracia 776 well enough to judge so those three weren't in my consideration.

As for Least Favorite, it's going to be Genealogy. I don't hate it but starting from 2nd gen the most of the characters just might as well be nameless generic unit (except important characters like Seliph) As for 1st gen, the characters just aren't my cup of tea.  This is my least favorite cast because there is just not even one favorite character for me.

Note: I'm treating this as playable cast.

Favourites: SoV/Awakening/BS. SoV is a really nice if small cast who get a surprising amount of good moments interacting for the game that it is. Awakening despite being hela anime I still think did well with its player units despite that, though it would be the most easily replaced on this list by most of the currently out games (nothing's safe if Genealogy/Thracia get it right in a remake beyond their mains). BS has my favourite character as well as three good lords, some pretty great character dynamics between multiple members and Nino. Just, Nino.

Least favourite: I'm picking Conquest over Birthright because in the end I feel like Conquest has more in the extremes for bad characters and Birthright at least has Oboro going for it.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Note: I'm treating this as playable cast.

Favourites: SoV/Awakening/BS. SoV is a really nice if small cast who get a surprising amount of good moments interacting for the game that it is. Awakening despite being hela anime I still think did well with its player units despite that, though it would be the most easily replaced on this list by most of the currently out games (nothing's safe if Genealogy/Thracia get it right in a remake beyond their mains). BS has my favourite character as well as three good lords, some pretty great character dynamics between multiple members and Nino. Just, Nino.

Least favourite: I'm picking Conquest over Birthright because in the end I feel like Conquest has more in the extremes for bad characters and Birthright at least has Oboro going for it.

Yeah that's kind of why I picked Conquest on the poll over Birthright, even though the cast as a whole is my least favorite. I feel like there's more Conquest characters who I hate than in Birthright, and like you said, it at least has Oboro

Fates: Birthright has my least favourite cast. They are bland and quite annoying with the exception of the royal sibilings, maybe... Conquest characters can be quite unlikeable sometimesbut at least they stand out and have a personality. 

-

Path of radiance/Radiant Dawn and Three Houses have the most constructed and well developed cast but I like all of them really. Even the gimmicky Awakening characters have their own charm.