Comparing Crest effects

To start: hello, I'm new here.

At some point just for fun, I want to do a Caspar-only run of the game. Since he doesn't have a crest, I figured I'd give him one of the NG+ crest items, and was trying to decide which one to give him (I know you can give more than one, but I don't want to). Copied the list from the wiki into a Word doc so I can remove them as I go. Problem is some crests have the same effect, so I need to know if there's differences in activation rates or potency. Do we have specific info on that stuff?

I'm not aware of any formal testing into their rates. Anecdotally, I have noticed that major crests seem to kick in more often than minor crests, but I hesitate to weigh in beyond that. No idea about the item versions, sorry.

4 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

To start: hello, I'm new here.

At some point just for fun, I want to do a Caspar-only run of the game. Since he doesn't have a crest, I figured I'd give him one of the NG+ crest items, and was trying to decide which one to give him (I know you can give more than one, but I don't want to). Copied the list from the wiki into a Word doc so I can remove them as I go. Problem is some crests have the same effect, so I need to know if there's differences in activation rates or potency. Do we have specific info on that stuff?

You can give him all of them, and switch out whenever, they're items, not consumables.

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm not aware of any formal testing into their rates. Anecdotally, I have noticed that major crests seem to kick in more often than minor crests, but I hesitate to weigh in beyond that. No idea about the item versions, sorry.

Seems about right. Felix and Byleth are constantly activating theirs from what I've noticed.

2 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

You can give him all of them, and switch out whenever, they're items, not consumables.

I know, but I've made the arbitrary decision to pick one and stick with it.

Well, if they haven't been tested, I'll pick one myself. Thanks anyway, guys.

For the Crest Stones, does anyone know the activation rate for "frequently", "occasionally" and "sometimes"?

"Frequently" of course probably has the highest activation rate, but does "occasionally" activate more or does "sometimes"?

I want to say "sometimes" activates more than "occasionally"

Ice and Thorn both occasionally stop counters with Weapon Attacks, while Kalpa and Earth sometimes stop counters with Weapon arts.  I want to assume weapon attacks will trigger the effect less often since its cost less (weapon durability wise)