What race and class would you be in Dungeons and Dragons?

XRay

I asked this in forum games a little while ago, but it seems like a fun topic to talk about. So yeah, what do you want to be in Dungeons and Dragons?

I would be a high elf druid and/or warlock, so I can have a really long life span. Elves have lifespans of around 750 years. Druids reaching level 18 will age at one tenth the speed. Warlocks with Undying patrons can achieve the same at level 10.

If I can be any race though, not limited to just playable races, I want to be an incubus. I think fiends live forever so that would be awesome. And since I am incubi, seducing virgins sounds like a fun job, especially ones that swore vows of chastity. Since I no longer have to choose a class to extend my life, I am not really sure what class I want to pick as long as it is a magic class. Since I live forever, I could technically just go through all the magic classes and learn everything I can about magic.

In addition to race and class, there are also backgrounds. Backgrounds are kind of like what your upbringing was like, what your day job is or was, what your is social standing, and stuff like that, basically your background story. Gameplay wise, you can think of it as your secondary class. I would probably either be a sage, hermit, or charlatan. Sage and hermit are closer to my real life personality (basically bookworm backgrounds), while charlatan is what I would want to be (I want to be a flirt).

I'm just another face in the crowd, so Human. I'm not short or jolly enough to be a dwarf. And my race is so vanilla I couldn't be a Half-anything either. The idea of living long also sounds like a cruel fate. My adult life has been nothing but illness and trying new health options. Background is definitely Butler. To...a fallen noble house sounds DnD-ish. As for class, I identify with none of the standard fare. Maybe monk since I feel that's the go to for those that leave their past behind in a medieval or fantasy setting.

...building characters that are nothing like yourself is much more fun.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm just another face in the crowd, so Human. I'm not short or jolly enough to be a dwarf. And my race is so vanilla I couldn't be a Half-anything either. The idea of living long also sounds like a cruel fate. My adult life has been nothing but illness and trying new health options. Background is definitely Butler. To...a fallen noble house sounds DnD-ish. As for class, I identify with none of the standard fare. Maybe monk since I feel that's the go to for those that leave their past behind in a medieval or fantasy setting.

...building characters that are nothing like yourself is much more fun.

It might be vanilla, but if you prefer a regular lifespan, humans are the best race in my opinion, especially in terms of combat since they have higher stat totals (they get +1 to all six stats while most races get one stat +2 and one stat +1).

With higher BST, they do not get some of the cool traits that other races get (see in the dark, fly, innate spellcasting, etc.), but having higher stats seems better in the games I host.

Probably a human cleric due to my inclination towards healing abilities and my faith-based ethics, plus the fact the idea of not being human sounds kind of terrifying. I think more realistically speaking in a d&d setting, I'd just be some city dweller working in an inn or something.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

If I can be any race though, not limited to just playable races, I want to be an incubus. I think fiends live forever so that would be awesome. And since I am incubi, seducing virgins sounds like a fun job, especially ones that swore vows of chastity.

Has anyone ever expressed concerns about your fantasies before?

I think Half-Elf Paladin would fit me the best since I'm an extrovert and a devout Catholic. Though if could be anything I wanted, I would be a Halfling Bard. If I was an npc/monster, I like to think I would be something cool like a Deva, but in actuality I'm probably something far less impressive like a Svirfneblin.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

I am a human barbarian 

I like to yell at pigeons during my free time

This is the best thing I've read all day.

47 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Has anyone ever expressed concerns about your fantasies before?

As an incubi, I am not going around raping, murdering, nor robbing people. My job is to convince overgrown girls to graduate to womanhood and move on with life. I want to liberate maidens from being suppressed by such archaic ideals and so called "good" gods and goddesses. So you see, despite being a fiend and whatever "facts" your deity is communing to you—they are totally biased against fiends by the way—I can technically be considered of the good alignment and the "good" divines are just downright evil and oppressive against women.

Are you charmed by my 20 points of charisma, expertise in persuasion, and charming racial ability yet? If you are, I command urge you to buy a pint of ale for that lovely virgin paladin over there. Her party just died, so she needs comfort and you need female company. Thanks for helping an ol' pal out! Oh, and it would be wise to read a Tome of Understanding or two, as not all charming fiends like me are of the "good" alignment, so you definitely do not want to be charmed by them. I am going to chat up the barmaid over there and get busy, so you two should go grab a room and have a fun night!

Edited by XRay

Why did I hope for a serious response? *sigh* I guess I can't hope to change the mind of an incubi, for demons are incapable of true change, but know that the pure maidens of these lands are not so weak as you think. Their self-control in the face of the lower pleasures is a testament to their resolve, a recognition of their own sanctity, and a sign that when they do find a man to share their life with, they wish to forge a bond unburdened by the weight of having previous partners, and all this is true in regards to virgin men too.  Make a mockery of the truth all you like, but you mock and twist the truth only because you cannot face it!  

Walks over to the barmaid, and offers her the miracle of Protection from Evil and Good. :Wrys:

4 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Walks over to the barmaid, and offers her the miracle of Protection from Evil and Good. :Wrys:

*Gasp* How could you? I knew I should have brought my Aarakocra warlock with me. Human clerics are like the worst wingman EVER!

I'm not sure about DnD, but the talk of incubi makes me remember that I think it would be nice to be a goddess for the romantic/reproductive aspects. I could take a man home, and enjoy him, and if I get pregnant, I can magic the kid out and magic him/her past the annoying screaming baby/toddler stage. Pregnancy and birth is supposed to be rough.

I may be a human archer for a serious answer.