Where could I play the Japanese only Fire Emblem games?

Maddie

I absolutely love the Fire Emblem games I've played so far and I really want to play FE1-6 & 12. However I'm clueless on how to get ROMs working with the translations. Could anybody help me?

The ROMs itself are something we legally cannot answer. I cannot point you a route to find them because it could cause issues.

Aside from that, the patches can be accessed quite easily on this site (The NES/SNES games, BB, NMotE). These are then applied using the ROM, the patching file and a patching tool. The first four all can use Lunar IPS, which is a light and easy enough tool to use and search for, while for Thracia you use FLIPS, BB uses NUPS (both of which are updated versions of LIPS but I've found took a bit more effort to get working on non-Windows computers) and NMotE only uses xDelta. All of these are explained on threads 

A note or two: The patches for Genealogy and Thracia can have some issues: Their most recent patches both have file sizes so large that they won't work with all emulators, which is the only case I've seen with these games. Their previous patches have a mostly complete one that crashes on the ending of Genealogy and a massively outdated one that has gamecrashing bugs in Thracia's, needless to say overall I'd recommend the most recent and look in the threads for what emulators they recommend (I can say Higan also works if you can't get others that might come highly recommended to work.). This doesn't seem to be prevalent with the others. The Gaiden patch in the NES/SNES thread is also a worse patch than this one. I would also take the approach of keeping an untranslated copy of the ROMs and essentially try to avoid a situation where a patch goes wrong and you have no file to work with (pretty certain all of these tools I mentioned allow you to avoid this as well. Just saying something I'd do.)

Also, welcome to these forums CelicaLucina. This might not have been the best location for the post but hey, might as well help out a bit.

It's probably also possible to find them already pre-patched if you look around a little and know where to find roms.

Binding Blade specifically should be an easy find. 

What title are you most interested in playing?

Edited by Vince777

This is not an introduction.  Please take the time to read the stickies in the forums - you'd be able to answer your own questions if you did that, too.