Bound Hero Battle: Jeorge & Gordin

SatsumaFSoysoy

On 9/3/2019 at 1:16 AM, mampfoid said:

I'm trying to not make these clears too repetitive, huge special damage never gets old.

Too bad Archanea didn't work out (whom did you try?), the big guns blow Gordin and Jeorge away though. So tanky, nobody ever gets in real danger. 

Did you get additional merges on your Velouria recently? 

I used Groom Marth, L!Marth, Navarre, Athena, Spring Catria, and Bride Caeda (I didn't want to use Jeorge on his own map). I even tried L!Tiki at the end but not enough good units~ Oh well~

Yep! I had pulled another copy on one of those Daily Summer Banners and so I decided to merge with the one extra I had sitting in my Barracks, so she went from +1 to +3~

18 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Sometimes when things don't work out, it's just super satisfying to whip out the tried and true standards to blow away any and all tough content, as Nah demonstrates here.  Hopefully the next map will be more cooperative. ^^

Thanks! Yeah, hope I can do something more fun next  time

15 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Landmaster, this is for you. BHB - Archanean style.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

You are the hero we all need. I regret having no promoted Whitewings. Or an OP ass Marth. Gordin shoving the mess out of everyone was hilarious. 

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Celica strikes back: 

Again no Audio, sorry. 

Whitewings go! Well done, that's as near to a legendary Marth as you can get with 3*/4* units. 

Stahl is OP, new meta!

Vantage Celica is awesome. So is Armorslayer Brave Celica, really cool!

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I used Groom Marth, L!Marth, Navarre, Athena, Spring Catria, and Bride Caeda (I didn't want to use Jeorge on his own map).

I don't have half of these (at 5*). A groom/bride clear would have been sweet.

27 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yep! I had pulled another copy on one of those Daily Summer Banners and so I decided to merge with the one extra I had sitting in my Barracks, so she went from +1 to +3~

That's cool, especially with the boon. Never having orbs for her banners sucks. 

28 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Stahl is OP, new meta!

Vantage Celica is awesome. So is Armorslayer Brave Celica, really cool!

Glad you liked them! 

Everytime my stash of feathers grows higher than 800k, I'm doing some merging or SI. Last time I build Celica for AA, who could have known it became handy so fast? 

This one was actually kind of challenging, mainly due to the damn Panic Ploying armor in infernal. So buffing up Hrid to practically wreck the whole map didn't work as well there. xP But I found a way to clear it with my horses anyway, and Hrid was still helpful.

No recording at the moment because I just have been busy with work, school, and Three Houses. lol

It's more of an obstacle than anything, so let's go ahead and knock it out.

@mampfoid ...You really one shot the fridge. Holy crap. (Sidenote, Tibarn does Tibarn things but Velouria is actually extremely powerful. It seems I've been underestimating her.)

Your Oliver team has aged well. Impressive performance from Stahl and tanking by Oliver. Takumi got to relax a bit here but Walhart got to stretch his legs at the end by 1v1'ing the armor.

@DLNarshen I really enjoy these. There's just something so refreshing about duo clears, you just never see them. Placing Julius in front seemed like a peculiar choice at the beginning, but that 7 damage he took from Gordin's Bonfire spoke for itself. It's crazy how tanky he is. Reminds me of when I wanted to give him CC. Julia's no slouch either.

@LordFrigid Edelgard being part of a 1-turn clear was neat. She destroyed the armor effortlessly. Her attack really is something to fear, Lunge continues to be a fantastic positioning setup for warping as well.

@Landmaster I must admit it urked me that Nah didn't kill anything but that green flier on the initial EP, but it was pretty impressive, her surviving basically everyone. Everyone else came in to assist her after the fact but she probably could have soloed the whole deal. Jeorge put his everything into the last attack on Velouria but it just wasn't enough. Also F!Kana kills the fridge for funsies!

@mcsilas @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy

For me, the map was far too easy. Matt demolished it on the first try, as did Serra and even Morgan. I considered skipping this one but instead I decided to have a little fun with a themed clear. I noticed when I have predominantly colorless units in a clear I go for strong tactical music so I did that again here. The theme is Archers, revisited from the Jamke clear. We've got a mixed team with L!Alm, Faye, Hinoka and B!Lyn.

Alm needed the SPD+3 seal and a Spur ATK boost from Faye as well as the Drive ATK 3 boost from Hinoka in order to face Jeorge. Lyn needed the Darting Blow seal to do her job and the Drive DEF 2 seal was necessary on Hinoka for... I don't really remember lol it was so quick. Anyways here, enjoy.

Edited by Zeo

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid ...You really one shot the fridge. Holy crap. (Sidenote, Tibarn does Tibarn things but Velouria is actually extremely powerful. It seems I've been underestimating her.)

Haha, it was the only way to make my clear more interesting (and I hate Wary Fighter). 

Velouria is really great, powerful herself and supportive on top. Only her color isn't optimal for my clears, since I make heavy use of WTA on Abyssal maps usually. 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Alm needed the SPD+3 seal and a Spur ATK boost from Faye as well as the Drive ATK 3 boost from Hinoka in order to face Jeorge. Lyn needed the Darting Blow seal to do her job and the Drive DEF 2 seal was necessary on Hinoka for... I don't really remember lol it was so quick. Anyways here, enjoy.

Great performance by Alm in the beginning and close survival by Hinoka in the middle part.

Almost forgot about Hinokas effective damage and I wondered how you would work around Gordin's Vantage. 

I like mono-colored clears, well done! 

@mampfoid Wow, Vantage Celica just barely one-shots Gordin. Also funny to use the Vantage strat against him for a change. Barrier tin can took a while to whittle down but a double Armorsmasher was a nice finisher.

Also woah Stahl was such a nice MVP, the TA effect made sure he brushed off the green mage flier! Blarraven Oliver also shrugged off Gordin beautifully.

GF beasts too strong! Tibarn always an offensive powerhouse but Velouria sure kept up. The Boey finish was the real highlight though! That's one way to delete the tin can!

@Landmaster Kind of ironic you went from trying to use L!Marth the ultimate Dragonslayer to just saying 'Dragons are good!' and use that team. Nah sure showed her tankiness!

@DLNarshen Poor Gordin tried against Julius but couldn't make a dent even with his special. Julia finishing the blue armour with a special was a very satisfying finish!

@Zeo That's...a lot of Speed on L!Alm! Funnily enough Archer Emblem crossed my mind while thinking of themes. Would've been interesting to see Brave Lyn action with her new refine lol.  Still never pulled a Faye but she really looks fun to use. I was wondering why you didn't use her prf weapon but then the Gordin showdown happened.

Nice to see your use of Atk boosts, I forgot Kinoka had a Drive Atk effect on her weapon since it's overshadowed by her Armour effectiveness. She had a close call facetanking that sword though!

@SatsumaFSoysoy @daisy jane @Ginko @NegativeExponents-

So Jeorge mentored Gordin right? Well I thought I'd do this map with a Teacher/Mentor Emblem then!

Team is +Def/-HP Jeorge, +Atk 4* +8 Cecilia, +Def/-Spd Male Byleth and +Atk/-Res Cain

Music is Wild Street from the King of Fighters XIII

-So a team full of teachers/mentors. Jeorge already has a BHB for that, Byleth is the professor in 3 houses, Cecilia taught Roy and Lilina and Cain trained Katarina, Luke and Roderick's platoon in FE12.

-Probably the toughest part is initiating the map without Reposition (Barst please visit me more). For this Byleth was the only one who can handle baiting the enemy, but he had to unequip his Odd Speed Wave because of the Panic Ploy armour. Also -Spd doesn't help, so he needed Jeorge's Spur Spd and also Drive Spd support. Cain also had to be in a specific position so that Gordin would shove the tin can out of the way and delay his slow march to my team.

-One would think Cecilia's Bowbreaker would play a bigger part but...not really (Cecilia would have doubled Gordin anyway with Hone Cav buffs). Plus Jeorge had Cancel Affinity anyway, but he fell to Byleth fast.

-Speaking of the darned tin cans, Barrier Lance was a bit annoying, and Cecilia needed more than one hit. Cain saves the day by surprisingly tanking the tin can for a turn, (a cavalier never retreats indeed) thank goodness for his Bull Blade.

---

Now for a really special clear. I kinda felt bad for @Zeo last month for the infamous legendary banner, so I thought I'd finally build someone up to cheer him up. Then I had an idea of making a team that represented some of the other video clear creators in this forum so here's a special clear featuring Silas (me), Matthew (@Zeo) , Shiro (@Ginko) and Mordecai (@mampfoid- sorry I don't have a Brave Roy. Plus Cordelia sounds like a bad idea for this map :P)

Team is +Atk/-HP Matthew, +Atk Silas +1, +Def Shiro +1 and +Spd/-Res Mordecai

Music is Still Green from the King of Fighters 1998 (Kind of fitting since Gordin is still green in terms of experience as an archer...and has green hair? lol)

-Why worry about specials when you've obtained Surtr's powers? That's right, it's the debut of Silas's Steady Stance 4! All the tings! He doesn't care about pre-charged (or almost pre-charged) specials anymore, and even better, the Guard effect works even under Brazen conditions!

-It's finally time to have fun with Matthew's refine. Unfortunately I don't have CC fodder, so I went a different route and focused on my favourite playstyle, Brazens! And I discovered, it can be really fun with enemy debuffs. Speaking, I'm liking Mordecai as Matthew's partner, since Matthew usually needs a dancer to take advantage of the debuffs but Mordecai can just Smite Matthew into the fray and quickly debuff the enemies around him (and slightly buff Matthew, too!). Sabertooth Fang and Spy's Dagger is a great cobination and even allows more team support, for example, allowing Silas to double!

-Unfortunately Shiro didn't really do too much since he was left behind and couldn't get to the action fast enough but maybe i can show him off more next time Ginko!

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Barrier tin can took a while to whittle down but a double Armorsmasher was a nice finisher.

Yeah, blue wary armor units with existent RES stat aren't easy to take down for a red team. 

Also woah Stahl was such a nice MVP, the TA effect made sure he brushed off the green mage flier!

Stahl needed the Rally RES by Takumi to survive both the mage and the sword cav. 

GF beasts too strong! Tibarn always an offensive powerhouse but Velouria sure kept up. The Boey finish was the real highlight though! That's one way to delete the tin can!

Thanks! Bignis == big fun. 

So Jeorge mentored Gordin right? Well I thought I'd do this map with a Teacher/Mentor Emblem then!

Didn't know Cain was a mentor, he looks so young. While having only a minor role here, I like to see him in a clear. He was my first 5* cav. I pulled him very early (with -AK ... ). 

Looks like Byleth is the best teacher and Cecilia the smartest. 

Now for a really special clear. I kinda felt bad for @Zeo last month for the infamous legendary banner, so I thought I'd finally build someone up to cheer him up. Then I had an idea of making a team that represented some of the other video clear creators in this forum so here's a special clear featuring Silas (me), Matthew (@Zeo) , Shiro (@Ginko) and Mordecai (@mampfoid- sorry I don't have a Brave Roy. Plus Cordelia sounds like a bad idea for this map :P)

Haha, a meta clear, cool idea. I don't mind being represented by Mordecai (wait, he doesn't get any kill ...?), even if Cordy could have been a great help, regardless of all those bows. Good luck getting Roy on the new power banner! 

Woa, Steady Stance 4 on Silas? Great! When will this guy receive some merges and flowers? He really does a great job in killing that green dragon and tanking everything. 

Great use of Matthew, @Zeo will be proud. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, blue wary armor units with existent RES stat aren't easy to take down for a red team. 

Stahl needed the Rally RES by Takumi to survive both the mage and the sword cav. 

Thanks! Bignis == big fun. 

Didn't know Cain was a mentor, he looks so young. While having only a minor role here, I like to see him in a clear. He was my first 5* cav. I pulled him very early (with -AK ... ). 

Looks like Byleth is the best teacher and Cecilia the smartest. 

Haha, a meta clear, cool idea. I don't mind being represented by Mordecai (wait, he doesn't get any kill ...?), even if Cordy could have been a great help, regardless of all those bows. Good luck getting Roy on the new power banner! 

Woa, Steady Stance 4 on Silas? Great! When will this guy receive some merges and flowers? He really does a great job in killing that green dragon and tanking everything. 

Great use of Matthew, @Zeo will be proud. 

Yeah I haven't actually built Mordecia properly since I'm unsure if I should keep using this Spd superboon one or use the +HP one. Still love him as a support unit though. But yeah the team is really blue.

No merges or flowers for my units, I like solving things without resorting to those :P. Never even used a Dragonflower once.

I saw a Let's paly of the start of Katarina's game and yeah Cain trained the new platoon of units. Not much of his story seems to be in his FEH lines, Cain's actually has a bit deeper side, he was a survivor in the when he was with the King in a battle and had the task to tell Marth the king's last words.

And yeah Matthew might not be as epic as Zeo's but I'm having fun with a double Brazen build on him.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

No merges or flowers for my units, I like solving things without resorting to those :P. Never even used a Dragonflower once.

I used flowers on Roy (to max out my fav) and one time flowers on legendary hector to get the Heroes' Path rewards. 

No merges either? Not even for your #1 fav? 

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I saw a Let's paly of the start of Katarina's game and yeah Cain trained the new platoon of units. Not much of his story seems to be in his FEH lines, Cain's actually has a bit deeper side, he was a survivor in the when he was with the King in a battle and had the task to tell Marth the king's last words.

Not a bad idea to watch a lets play of old FE titles. 

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

And yeah Matthew might not be as epic as Zeo's but I'm having fun with a double Brazen build on him.

Your ATK stacking was great! 

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I used flowers on Roy (to max out my fav) and one time flowers on legendary hector to get the Heroes' Path rewards. 

No merges either? Not even for your #1 fav? 

Not a bad idea to watch a lets play of old FE titles. 

Your ATK stacking was great! 

Well 1 merge for Bane removal.

Or if a better boon comes along.

but i like the challenge of using units as original as they can get

@Zeo Glad you're enjoying them!  One would think a unit with 16 base Def wouldn't be a good candidate for CC, but...thank goodness for defense stacking.

I expected Alm to steal the show here, but everyone got to play an important role, especially Faye with her Guard Bow.  Alm seemed well suited to the task of getting through that annoying Wary Fighter so Hinoka could finish the job.

@mcsilas The final hit was one of those instances where the Ally Support really comes in handy.  Were she not adjacent to Julius, she would have come just short.

Allied Jeorge was sure lucky he could one-shot the flier mage on the counter!  I don't know if it was intentional or not, but that first Cecilia chip against the armor saved Cain from the Panic, letting him do way more damage and probably saving you an action or two =P

I really liked the second clear, especially that Silas!  Even with low merges/no flowers he has more than enough bulk to tank just about everything here.  Mampf's clears tend to have Smite bots, so Mordecai is perfect. x) 

On 9/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster I must admit it urked me that Nah didn't kill anything but that green flier on the initial EP, but it was pretty impressive, her surviving basically everyone. Everyone else came in to assist her after the fact but she probably could have soloed the whole deal. Jeorge put his everything into the last attack on Velouria but it just wasn't enough. Also F!Kana kills the fridge for funsies!

For me, the map was far too easy. Matt demolished it on the first try, as did Serra and even Morgan. I considered skipping this one but instead I decided to have a little fun with a themed clear. I noticed when I have predominantly colorless units in a clear I go for strong tactical music so I did that again here. The theme is Archers, revisited from the Jamke clear. We've got a mixed team with L!Alm, Faye, Hinoka and B!Lyn.

Yeah, wish Nah could have got more kills off, Spd's not her forte~ Still ended up being pretty fun~

Nice mono-Archer team. They all certainly impressed. Hinoka especially with that clutch 1 HP survival. Faye was pretty good too by tanking that Bonfire. Nice work!

On 9/5/2019 at 7:01 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Kind of ironic you went from trying to use L!Marth the ultimate Dragonslayer to just saying 'Dragons are good!' and use that team. Nah sure showed her tankiness!

Team is +Def/-HP Jeorge, +Atk 4* +8 Cecilia, +Def/-Spd Male Byleth and +Atk/-Res Cain

Music is Wild Street from the King of Fighters XIII

-So a team full of teachers/mentors. Jeorge already has a BHB for that, Byleth is the professor in 3 houses, Cecilia taught Roy and Lilina and Cain trained Katarina, Luke and Roderick's platoon in FE12.

-Probably the toughest part is initiating the map without Reposition (Barst please visit me more). For this Byleth was the only one who can handle baiting the enemy, but he had to unequip his Odd Speed Wave because of the Panic Ploy armour. Also -Spd doesn't help, so he needed Jeorge's Spur Spd and also Drive Spd support. Cain also had to be in a specific position so that Gordin would shove the tin can out of the way and delay his slow march to my team.

-One would think Cecilia's Bowbreaker would play a bigger part but...not really (Cecilia would have doubled Gordin anyway with Hone Cav buffs). Plus Jeorge had Cancel Affinity anyway, but he fell to Byleth fast.

-Speaking of the darned tin cans, Barrier Lance was a bit annoying, and Cecilia needed more than one hit. Cain saves the day by surprisingly tanking the tin can for a turn, (a cavalier never retreats indeed) thank goodness for his Bull Blade.

---

Team is +Atk/-HP Matthew, +Atk Silas +1, +Def Shiro +1 and +Spd/-Res Mordecai

Music is Still Green from the King of Fighters 1998 (Kind of fitting since Gordin is still green in terms of experience as an archer...and has green hair? lol)

-Why worry about specials when you've obtained Surtr's powers? That's right, it's the debut of Silas's Steady Stance 4! All the tings! He doesn't care about pre-charged (or almost pre-charged) specials anymore, and even better, the Guard effect works even under Brazen conditions!

-It's finally time to have fun with Matthew's refine. Unfortunately I don't have CC fodder, so I went a different route and focused on my favourite playstyle, Brazens! And I discovered, it can be really fun with enemy debuffs. Speaking, I'm liking Mordecai as Matthew's partner, since Matthew usually needs a dancer to take advantage of the debuffs but Mordecai can just Smite Matthew into the fray and quickly debuff the enemies around him (and slightly buff Matthew, too!). Sabertooth Fang and Spy's Dagger is a great cobination and even allows more team support, for example, allowing Silas to double!

-Unfortunately Shiro didn't really do too much since he was left behind and couldn't get to the action fast enough but maybe i can show him off more next time Ginko!

When the dragon killers don't work, we use the dragons!

Cool theme~ Byleth was pretty brave tanking a Dragon and Jeorge. This was a nice mix of both Enemy Phase and Player Phase. Cain tanking the Blue Fridge was pretty scary but he pulled it off. Really cool clear!

What a cute theme team for the second one! Silas continues to impress with how well he tanks Magical damage. Mordecai is an awesome partner for Matthew. I love how the damage output was so minescule on the third turn. You never really had anything to worry about even though your Matthew doesn’t quite have the CC that Zeo’s has. Clutch 1 HP kill with Silas was cool, too! Loved it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@mcsilas Ha! A teacher clear huh? Very unique theme. What I liked about this clear the most is that none of these guys really seemed like they were giving it their all, kind of went hand in hand with the theme of superior, more experienced units. Byleth wiping George and that Manakete off the face of the earth while being panic'd was the clear highlight of the clear. Plus a rare Cain!

Watched this 2nd clear right away but never got the chance to comment. I've come out with quite a few themes but a serenes user clear is something I'm not sure I would have ever pulled out of my hat! What I didn't notice the first time watching is that this is almost a mono color clear which is really cool. Silas and Shiro tank like pros (particularly Silas here) and Mordecai's Smite is too good with those debuffs. I'd say I was jealous if I hadn't finally pulled one of him a week ago.

As for Matthew, even without all the resources or even CC dumped into him he's still a pretty formidable force of nature, especially with that refine. It's pretty funny actually. I first started doing these clears with a low merge/no prf/non SS Matthew to prove that he was a good unit that could put in work just like everyone else without extreme doses of favoritism. After I'd done that, I just went ham with resources. And yes, I am a bit proud, actually~

• 6 months later...

@Zeo @BoaFerox @Ginko @DLNarshen @Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @mampfoid @daisy jane

@SatsumaFSoysoy This BHB came in the perfect time for the green-haired archer boy confusion

Team is +Atk/-HP Gordin, +Def/-Res Summer Wolt, neutral Halloween Rolf and +Spd +1 Legendary Alm

Music is Still Green from the King of Fighters All Star

- Featuring the three green-haired shota archers that everyone keeps mixing up (well unsure if Wolt counts as shota). Also Alm because he fits the theme but also tin cans are annoying.

- This map is pretty much 'use Draw Back' the map. Pivot Armour was annoying with a team of archers, so had to equip Chill Def (Wolt likes debuffs in general anyway) and use Alm with NFU to really punch through the tin can.

- Gordin needed Bowbreaker to stand against his teacher. Hardy Bearing is intended for enemy Gordin, but he needed to attack the armour to charge Bonfire first. I ended up removing the enemy's Bonfire charge anyway so HB didn't matter too much in the end lol.

- Rolf was one of the few that can survive enemy Gordin's Bonfire, so had to keep him in full health until then. Amusingly, Wolt with Brazen Atk/Def lives with 1 HP but I felt Gordin needed to finish the map.

Almost forgot to post this because I, in fact, forgot that I recorded a clear for it~ Been too busy lately~

Not too hard, of course~

On 4/7/2020 at 3:59 AM, mcsilas said:

This BHB came in the perfect time for the green-haired archer boy confusion

Team is +Atk/-HP Gordin, +Def/-Res Summer Wolt, neutral Halloween Rolf and +Spd +1 Legendary Alm

Music is Still Green from the King of Fighters All Star

- Featuring the three green-haired shota archers that everyone keeps mixing up (well unsure if Wolt counts as shota). Also Alm because he fits the theme but also tin cans are annoying.

- This map is pretty much 'use Draw Back' the map. Pivot Armour was annoying with a team of archers, so had to equip Chill Def (Wolt likes debuffs in general anyway) and use Alm with NFU to really punch through the tin can.

- Gordin needed Bowbreaker to stand against his teacher. Hardy Bearing is intended for enemy Gordin, but he needed to attack the armour to charge Bonfire first. I ended up removing the enemy's Bonfire charge anyway so HB didn't matter too much in the end lol.

- Rolf was one of the few that can survive enemy Gordin's Bonfire, so had to keep him in full health until then. Amusingly, Wolt with Brazen Atk/Def lives with 1 HP but I felt Gordin needed to finish the map.

Nice work with these green haired shoutas and Alm~ This was indeed the Draw Back Emblem Squad. They still did a great job of strategically taking the enemies down one back one and Gordin got to blow up his evil clone!

• 3 months later...