How I lost my Xenoblade 2 save data

escotanner

Okay so this just happened yesterday. So I have a nephew, who I love, whose five years old. Everytime he comes over he plays on my Switch while I watch him. Yesterday, I had to go out and left my Switch on the couch with my Three Houses game still on. When I got back, my adorable nephew was there (he wasn't before) playing on my 3ds. Then my eyes spanned to my Switch and I asked him if he played and he said yes. My Three Houses save file was fine, but the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 save file which took 40 hours of my life was gone and I didn't beat it yet. I don't even know how he did it, but somehow, he exited Three Houses, clicked on Xenoblade, and clicked on New Game. I'm a little pissed, but I kinda lost interest when Three Houses came out. Still, now I have to replay all the way back to where I was (I had so many rare blades too).

Awww, I couldn't be upset if that were the case. But that's sad to hear, anyway. It could have been much worse, and it's not that difficult to get everything back in XC2 either way.

Bummer. I guess that's what separate profiles are for, gotta make sure they know to go on their own. We didn't have that option when our siblings/friends dared to save over our file in pokemon. That was the ultimate betrayal.

Damn, that sucks. I know how it feels though, when my brother was a kid, he erased my file on Zelda: The Minish Cap TWICE. So it took me much longer than it should have to actually clear the game just once. I was mad at that boy. Technically, the copy of the game was gifted to him, not me, but he shared it, so he was still wrong to erase my file. And besides, I played it way more than he did anyway! He never touched it much.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:04 PM, Glennstavos said:

We didn't have that option when our siblings/friends dared to save over our file in pokemon. That was the ultimate betrayal.

My brother did that to my Mystery Dungeon file once and I was mad.