Recommended difficulty for each game?

Fernaorök

18 minutes ago, Fernaorök said:

I've heard some games are tedious or don't make any sense in their hardest difficulty (I remember Awakening and Shadow Dragon), so what's the highest difficulty that you recommend for each game you've played?

Lunatic+ on Awakening is actually pretty fun in its own weird way if you read up on early game strategies and, if you aren't super patient, play on casual mode solely for the mid-battle saves to make sure that if you get a good enemy skill setup for chapter 2 you can keep trying it. It depends heavily on using the most broken characters in the game and getting them galeforce and broken stats as soon as you possibly can, but once you get things running, it's a fun exercise in smart positioning and improvised strategy (given that the enemies' skills are totally randomized each time you load the map). I can say I definitely had fun by the end, but it is by no remote conceivable means a well-balanced or well-designed game mode.

it depends on the player's experience with the series

if you're a newcomer, surely classic normal is the way to go, except radiant dawn where normal difficulty is actually hard, and easy is normal, due to an adaptation error

Edited by Yexin