The next Three Houses banner - Who do you want to see on it?

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

They can do 2 gauntlets per New Heroes Focus with a Special Heroes Focus in between, so that is only a 2 month wait between the first pair and second pair.

Alternatively, they can just drop 1 gauntlet into the Legendary/Mythic Heroes Foci like what they did with M!Byleth and do it for 2 months. The regular monthly New Heroes Foci would just have 1 colorless. That way, you still get 2 per month.

They've been leaning heavily towards balanced banners recently, so it's unlikely they'd put more than 1 gauntlet unit in a single banner. Additionally, it's highly unlikely that they'll continue to make more Three Houses banners in consecutive months, hence the several-month gap.

Additionally, seasonal inheritable weapons are not often viable compared to "standard" weapon effects like Slaying, Wo Dao, and effective damage, which limits the impact that seasonal gauntlets would have on adding variety.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They've been leaning heavily towards balanced banners recently, so it's unlikely they'd put more than 1 gauntlet unit in a single banner. Additionally, it's highly unlikely that they'll continue to make more Three Houses banners in consecutive months, hence the several-month gap.

Additionally, seasonal inheritable weapons are not often viable compared to "standard" weapon effects like Slaying, Wo Dao, and effective damage, which limits the impact that seasonal gauntlets would have on adding variety.

They do not have to always follow the rule. If they want to balance the color distribution more, they can skip introducing red units for two months before resuming releasing balanced Foci.

I do not expect Special Heroes Foci to feature gauntlet units at the start, hence the 2 month wait between the first pair and second pair. Depending on the month, they can even do it back to back if there is no Special Heroes Focus, so the wait is only 1 month.

Edited by XRay

Best thing about gauntlets being added would be in reducing the number of pointless generic healers like Mercedes ending up as filler/demote fodder. I could maybe see an infantry brawler and an armoured one being added just to introduce the type. Or perhaps one on a New Heroes banner and one on a concurrent Mythic banner? There's a decent mythic Brawler candidate where I think their talent for brawling is more unique and interesting than their alternate nature.

I would also have no problem with them being mounted eventually, even if it has to be on seasonal units. I'd much rather have that then the first four being two infantry and two armours.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Best thing about gauntlets being added would be in reducing the number of pointless generic healers like Mercedes ending up as filler/demote fodder. I could maybe see an infantry brawler and an armoured one being added just to introduce the type. Or perhaps one on a New Heroes banner and one on a concurrent Mythic banner? There's a decent mythic Brawler candidate where I think their talent for brawling is more unique and interesting than their alternate nature.

I would also have no problem with them being mounted eventually, even if it has to be on seasonal units. I'd much rather have that then the first four being two infantry and two armours.

If mounted units couldn't use gauntlets in Three Houses, there's no way mounted units would use gauntlets in Heroes

17 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

If mounted units couldn't use gauntlets in Three Houses, there's no way mounted units would use gauntlets in Heroes

Just like there are no flying dagger units in the mainline titles? 😛 It's a wholly unnecessary restriction in Heroes given that no other weapon type is restricted.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Just like there are no flying dagger units in the mainline titles? 😛 It's a wholly unnecessary restriction in Heroes given that no other weapon type is restricted.

Swords are more or less daggers in Three Houses like in most FE games, and Petra can use swords in pretty much any class, so it isn't too farfetched to have her as a flying dagger unit

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Swords are more or less daggers in Three Houses like in most FE games, and Petra can use swords in pretty much any class, so it isn't too farfetched to have her as a flying dagger unit

Okay but we have an Armored Healer in this game. A freaking ARMORED HEALER. And Armored Dagger for that matter. Which I'm fairly sure are combinations that never existed in the main games.

I don't see any reason to believe we won't eventually get any combination of anything ever when this game eventually reaches 800 units, just for the sake of diversity.

33 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Okay but we have an Armored Healer in this game. A freaking ARMORED HEALER. And Armored Dagger for that matter. Which I'm fairly sure are combinations that never existed in the main games.

Nope, Barons (and Arvis’s Emperor class) could use staves in the Jugdral games even if the class was enemy only there. Chagall as a canon staff armor when, IS?

On 9/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, MasterSlayerX said:

Catherine - Red Sword

Seteth - Blue Lance Flying

Flayn - Green Mage

Shamir - Colourless Archer

GBH- Rhea - Blue Tome

This is my dream banner for sure! I would spend all my orbs on Catherine and then try to get more orbs for the rest lol.

14 hours ago, Flere210 said:

How exctly would a mounted Brawler even work? Raoh?

For Halloween, they can be a centaur who kicks enemies with their front legs.

So I came up with this and put it in the general Heroes thread after thinking about what Sylvain would be like in Heroes, and I think it fits in this thread too.

So, I've been coming up with ideas on what Sylvain could be like in Heroes since I reaaally want him in the game now. 😛 I've just fallen in love with him! He'll surely be the now rather boring lance cavalry unit type due to the Lance of Ruin and his "canon" class line being cavalier, but I'll do my best to give him some kind of niche despite.

Sylvain: Gautier's Lady Lover

Color: Blue (Lance)
Movement Type: Cavalry

Weapon: Lance of Ruin - Mt 16. Grants Atk/Def+2. Effective against dragon and flying foes. If user's Def is higher than foe's Def, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.
Special: Ruined Sky - 2 Cooldown. Boosts damage by 20% of foe's Atk. If in combat against a dragon foe or flying foe, boosts damage by 40% instead of 20%. (Prerequisites are Dragon Gaze and Draconic Aura.)

A: Sturdy Ground (an enemy phase version of Sturdy Impact) or Sturdy Stance 3 (both would be new)
B: Vantage 3
C - Def Tactic 3

HP: 42
Atk: 37
Spd: 27
Def: 35
Res: 24

BST: 165

Hope this doesn't seem too powercreepy or anything. I don't actually believe IS will give Sylvain a full ABC set due to how they tend to treat males in this game. 😕 But if he were to get one, I feel like this is a realistic idea. And the idea's nice anyway. Lance of Ruin gets dragon and flying effectiveness because in Three Houses, Ruined Sky has that and it's the Lance of Ruin-only combat art. And here, I decided Ruined Sky is just a slightly different version of Byleth's Ruptured Sky. Makes sense, I think.

Stats and skills are partly based off of my own experiences using Sylvain in Three Houses (which is more or less him hitting like a freakin' truck and taking hits like a boss), and partly to compliment the effects I gave the Lance of Ruin. And as an enemy in TH, he's basically a tank on a horse anyway, so yeah. But I gave him a more decent Res stat here so he doesn't simply look like Silas/blue Frederick statwise.

So yeah, thoughts here would be appreciated!

On 9/12/2019 at 6:02 PM, MasterSlayerX said:

If Brawl was not in the game that banner

Catherine - Red Sword

Seteth - Blue Lance Flying

Flayn - Green Mage

Shamir - Colourless Archer

GBH- Rhea - Blue Tome

I’m pretty sure that if there is a church banner that Rhea has to be on it, no exceptions. That way, it’s a more neutral portrayal instead of an antagonistic one, and I’m pretty sure there’s a fair amount of people who’d pull for Rhea (myself included). She’d probably be in place of Shamir as much as it pains me to say it, and I’d say Seteth would be better as a axe flier while Flayn could fit better as a flying staff or even a infantry lance if color balance is ignored.

The GHB would probably be someone from Slytherin, whether it be Solon or Thales (leaning towards the former). 

21 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I’m pretty sure that if there is a church banner that Rhea has to be on it, no exceptions. That way, it’s a more neutral portrayal instead of an antagonistic one, and I’m pretty sure there’s a fair amount of people who’d pull for Rhea (myself included). She’d probably be in place of Shamir as much as it pains me to say it, and I’d say Seteth would be better as a axe flier while Flayn could fit better as a flying staff or even a infantry lance if color balance is ignored.

The GHB would probably be someone from Slytherin, whether it be Solon or Thales (leaning towards the former). 

Yeah, I doubt we will see Thales before Post Time Skip stuff starts to appear.

59 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I feel like Rhea is more likely to be a Mythic Hero instead of a summonable unit on a Church banner for spoiler reasons

Also, Seteth is more likely to be yet another Lance flier by virtue of him being able to wield the Lance of Assal or whatever it's called

Edited by Gregster101

yes the Lance Of Assal was the reason i put Seteth as a flying blue lance user. the spear heals the user every turn in three houses so they could build him to be a tanky flier. my thoughts on flayn have changed and would probably make for prehaps one of the first coloured healers or would probably fit more as a colourless healer due to the Caduceus Staff. Problem i see though is Rhea would kind of have to be a Blue Tome user(im sure blue is the only one that has the holy spells as attack that is)  and if it wants to stick to the 1 colour per banner either Rhea or Setheth would have to be the GHB/Tempest Trial character. either works but i felt Setheth being in the same banner as Flayn was why i picked Rhea for GHB/Tempest Trial Plus she is a non playable character which alot of them (be they villians or what not) have been based on non playable characters at least early on it was the case .They could add Seiros but what Gregster says of Rhea being a mythic hero i think Seiros fits this bill better than Rhea.

In regards to Rhea 

Spoiler

I highly doubt we’ll be seeing Rhea as a dragon (at least anytime soon), which is honestly the only heavy plot detail about her, aside from her identity as Seiros who I believe will have her own character as a Mythic Hero since Rhea herself doesn’t qualify. 

Instead, she’s probably much more likely as a mage of some sort (likely blue as that usually represents light magic) or even a staff unit, as that is what she primarily uses as an archbishop. Obviously IS wouldn’t tip their hand so early about significant spoilers, assuming Rhea could be released before the year ends so that’d be a no to her turning into the Immaculate One. The only time I could see her being a dragon unit is if we get something of a Fallen Heroes 3, since by that point Three Houses should be old news. 

As for Seteth, I stand corrected. I wasn’t aware he had his own weapon so I guess it makes sense for him to be a lance flier. 

29 minutes ago, Silverly said:

In regards to Rhea 

Reveal hidden contents

I highly doubt we’ll be seeing Rhea as a dragon (at least anytime soon), which is honestly the only heavy plot detail about her, aside from her identity as Seiros who I believe will have her own character as a Mythic Hero since Rhea herself doesn’t qualify. 

Instead, she’s probably much more likely as a mage of some sort (likely blue as that usually represents light magic) or even a staff unit, as that is what she primarily uses as an archbishop. Obviously IS wouldn’t tip their hand so early about significant spoilers, assuming Rhea could be released before the year ends so that’d be a no to her turning into the Immaculate One. The only time I could see her being a dragon unit is if we get something of a Fallen Heroes 3, since by that point Three Houses should be old news. 

As for Seteth, I stand corrected. I wasn’t aware he had his own weapon so I guess it makes sense for him to be a lance flier. 

Technically he's not the only one who can use it, since Ferdinand also has the crest to use it. However, since it's obtained in his and Flayn's Paralogue, it's more likely to go to him anyway

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Technically he's not the only one who can use it, since Ferdinand also has the crest to use it. However, since it's obtained in his and Flayn's Paralogue, it's more likely to go to him anyway

True but I could see Ferdinands selling point being the Ochain shield since it’s obtainable in his paralogue . I imagine it would be added possibly being a unique slot skill only for Ferdinand like Arvis recovery ring . There again it depends if Seteth is faught using the spear or not in the story you fight him in if you didn’t get the lance?. But it all depends on how they plan to add them . Ferdinand has strengths in I believe swords , spears and axes ? Heroes could possibly put him as any of those 3 weapons like they could do the same with Seteth . If brawling is planned it becomes even more likely as a lot of axe users are also strong in brawling (Casper , Alois and Raphael come to mind ) so they may have axes Instead if they feel there may be too lance heavy (many people use lances or are strong in lances in three houses ) 

6 minutes ago, MasterSlayerX said:

True but I could see Ferdinands selling point being the Ochain shield since it’s obtainable in his paralogue . I imagine it would be added possibly being a unique slot skill only for Ferdinand like Arvis recovery ring . There again it depends if Seteth is faught using the spear or not in the story you fight him in if you didn’t get the lance?. But it all depends on how they plan to add them . Ferdinand has strengths in I believe swords , spears and axes ? Heroes could possibly put him as any of those 3 weapons like they could do the same with Seteth . If brawling is planned it becomes even more likely as a lot of axe users are also strong in brawling (Casper , Alois and Raphael come to mind ) so they may have axes Instead if they feel there may be too lance heavy (many people use lances or are strong in lances in three houses ) 

If Ferdinand gets added in the future, I want him to be an axe cavalier, simply because we desperately need more axe cavaliers in the regular summoning pool, because we haven't gotten a new summonable axe cavalier since Titania

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I do agree Seiros ought to be mythic while Rhea is either a normal unit or legendary.

No one was interested in my Sylvain skillset. 😞 Oh well...

I thought your Sylvain skillset was interesting. We were just too distracted by Brawlers potentially being in the game or not

Just now, Gregster101 said:

I thought your Sylvain skillset was interesting. We were just too distracted by Brawlers potentially being in the game or not

Oh, thanks! And I see, that's fine. I do think brawlers would be a nice addition to the game as colorless melee units.