Jump to content
Anacybele

The next Three Houses banner - Who do you want to see on it?

Recommended Posts

Okay, so actually, I could see Miklan as a GHB someday.

Spoiler

His beast form. I think that'd make an interesting hero. Maybe a red or colorless beast unit (does not have to, and really shouldn't actually take up 9 spaces.) I mean, the feels, but seriously, that'd be something. Miklan/Sylvain BHB would be something, too. I want them to be friends in some universe or other, and that's an opportunity FEH gives us. ;-;

Also, I hope I'm spelling his name right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sylvain, Felix, Singer!Annette, and Flayn/Seteth.

A little BL heavy, but what can I say? I love that house more than the others. Their cast just speaks to me. I also have no secret desire to support Felix/Annette in FEH as well. Even after interacting with all the other cast, BL is still my home team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want: Anette, Sylvain, Felix, Ingrid (full Blue Lions)

 

I hope:

-> 3 girl and 1 man.... =___=

-> Mix house: 1BE, 2BL, 1GD or 1BE, 1BL, 2GD

Example: [Green]Bernadetta, [Blue] Sylvain, [Red]Lisithea, [Colorless]Marianne

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Caspar the most. Especially the timeskip version. Would be nice if head gauntlets to be unique- otherwise he is not really the most important character so at least being a new weapon type would increase his chances.

otherwise i’ll take Sylvain since he is more relevant and has a prf. 

wouldn’t mind Lysithea, Marianne or Ingrid though. Shamir would be awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I want Caspar the most. Especially the timeskip version. Would be nice if head gauntlets to be unique- otherwise he is not really the most important character so at least being a new weapon type would increase his chances.

otherwise i’ll take Sylvain since he is more relevant and has a prf. 

wouldn’t mind Lysithea, Marianne or Ingrid though. Shamir would be awesome

They can always have Caspar as an Axe Infantry unit since axes are his other proficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it'd be a tremendous waste to add gauntlets-capable characters as anything but, given the shortage of candidates. It's like adding beastfolk characters as regular units before the actual beast weapon type was implemented - it'd be a case if painting themselves into a corner and then having to make alts or weird seasonals to make up the shortfall.

It may well be the reason Dedue was left off the previous banner.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It may well be the reason Dedue was left off the previous banner.

That's what I'm hoping for to be honest. Plus they'd have to say in the Version Update that a new weapon type will be added, so that gives me time to quickly gather orbs even before the banner is revealed, so that would be the best-case scenario for me personally.

Speaking of, yeah I want Dedue as well just so we could complete the retainers already.

Alois could also be gauntlet...Catherine could but she's too tied to Thunderbrand and will be sword-locked.

But yeah most gauntlet users seem to be axe users so I guess they could go that route, but they'd have to be really interesting to see use..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only like four characters who have proficiencies in Gauntlets though (Dedue, Caspar, Raphael, Alois). Do you guys really think they'll add an entirely new weapon type just for four characters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

There's only like four characters who have proficiencies in Gauntlets though (Dedue, Caspar, Raphael, Alois). Do you guys really think they'll add an entirely new weapon type just for four characters?

If they're implemented simply as a grey equivalent to the sword-lance-axe triangle then four is plenty - the same amount as green beast weapons and more than red and grey ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gauntlets (In colourless), would be a good way for melee colourless.it would probably be just "brave swords" they just look different. 

I'd love Ingrid. (Pegasus (naturally) but Sword, not Lance). 
Bernadetta
Lysithea. (her crit needs to be "THIS IS WHAT I DO!". and "YOU WILL REGRET THIS.")

Marianne. (Marianne would be so interesting to see what they bring her in as - because she can be ANYTHING - but i can see them making her a Cav Healer or a Flying Healer). 

Edited by daisy jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If they're implemented simply as a grey equivalent to the sword-lance-axe triangle then four is plenty - the same amount as green beast weapons and more than red and grey ones.

I guess when you put it that way, it wouldn't be too farfetched to add gauntlets as a colorless equivalent to swords, lances, and bows.

 

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Gauntlets (In colourless), would be a good way for melee colourless.it would probably be just "brave swords" they just look different. 

I'd love Ingrid. (Pegasus (naturally) but Sword, not Lance). 
Bernadetta
Lysithea. (her crit needs to be "THIS IS WHAT I DO!". and "YOU WILL REGRET THIS.")

Marianne. (Marianne would be so interesting to see what they bring her in as - because she can be ANYTHING - but i can see them making her a Cav Healer or a Flying Healer). 

Unfortunately, Ingrid is kind of doomed to be yet another lance flier if she comes with the Luin, and considering Hilda has the Freikkugel in Heroes, that may very well be the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I guess when you put it that way, it wouldn't be too farfetched to add gauntlets as a colorless equivalent to swords, lances, and bows.

 

Unfortunately, Ingrid is kind of doomed to be yet another lance flier if she comes with the Luin, and considering Hilda has the Freikkugel in Heroes, that may very well be the case

yeah v. true. however. it's moot. regardless if she's Peggy Flier #1403838194038572, i must have her. 
(I forgot about Luin. i never let her use it. she prefers Gradivus). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yeah v. true. however. it's moot. regardless if she's Peggy Flier #1403838194038572, i must have her. 
(I forgot about Luin. i never let her use it. she prefers Gradivus). 

Oh yeah that's fine, I'm just saying she's much more likely to be a lance flier instead of a sword flier cuz of her relic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gregster101 said:

Oh yeah that's fine, I'm just saying she's much more likely to be a lance flier instead of a sword flier cuz of her relic

lol true. but maybe the game will be nice?
(I doubt it)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I like Ingrid, but no chance of spending any orbs on her if she's a lance flier. Give us Judith as an infantry lancer with Luin to free Ingrid up. 😛 I have to be fairly pragmatic about this sort of thing, so as much as I like Catherine for example, if it's the choice of having her be yet another infantry sword or not having her at all (and instead having the spot taken by someone else I don't like as much), I'd rather they not add her at all.

To be honest, the expected classes for most 3H units means I can't get too excited about any of them, regardless of how much I like (or dislike) the characters. My hope at least is that given how popular Wyvern Lords are in the game, that there'll be a nice fast axe flier. It's a travesty that the only unit truly in this category is, uh, Summer Innes. In the meantime, I think it's a bit telling that the most interesting 3H unit for me in terms of Heroes gameplay so far is Kronya. Honourable mentions perhaps to Claude and Petra but still not hugely interesting and they'd be just outside of my top-10 most wanted units at best.

 

Hmm, now that I say that, maybe I should compile an actual top-10 list of my most wanted units.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, I like Ingrid, but no chance of spending any orbs on her if she's a lance flier. Give us Judith as an infantry lancer with Luin to free Ingrid up. 😛 I have to be fairly pragmatic about this sort of thing, so as much as I like Catherine for example, if it's the choice of having her be yet another infantry sword or not having her at all (and instead having the spot taken by someone else I don't like as much), I'd rather they not add her at all.

To be honest, the expected classes for most 3H units means I can't get too excited about any of them, regardless of how much I like (or dislike) the characters. My hope at least is that given how popular Wyvern Lords are in the game, that there'll be a nice fast axe flier. It's a travesty that the only unit truly in this category is, uh, Summer Innes. In the meantime, I think it's a bit telling that the most interesting 3H unit for me in terms of Heroes gameplay so far is Kronya. Honourable mentions perhaps to Claude and Petra but still not hugely interesting and they'd be just outside of my top-10 most wanted units at best.

 

Hmm, now that I say that, maybe I should compile an actual top-10 list of my most wanted units.

Well they can always have Timeskip Hilda as a Wyvern Rider

Also, choosing to not have Catherine in the game at all over her being yet another infantry sword user is kind of a dumb mentality if I'm gonna be honest

Edited by Gregster101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Well they can always have Timeskip Hilda as a Wyvern Rider

Also, choosing to not have Catherine in the game at all over her being yet another infantry sword user is kind of a dumb mentality if I'm gonna be honest

 

I have like a million sword units. 
I still want Byleth with the Leggins lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Well they can always have Timeskip Hilda as a Wyvern Rider

Also, choosing to not have Catherine in the game at all over her being yet another infantry sword user is kind of a dumb mentality if I'm gonna be honest

You have to consider the opportunity cost. It's not simply a matter of having Catherine versus having no one. The place would no doubt be taken by another 3H unit, and even if they're someone I'm indifferent about as a character, they're quite likely to be far more interesting as a unit. And that would be healthier for Heroes gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

There's only like four characters who have proficiencies in Gauntlets though (Dedue, Caspar, Raphael, Alois). Do you guys really think they'll add an entirely new weapon type just for four characters?

The problem isn't the number of characters because they can always add more units in the form of seasonals.

The problem is the distribution of weapons. The only completely brand new weapon type we've gotten since the game's release was beasts, and they were pretty much forced to give all beast units uninheritable weapons, both to prevent units from having weapons that don't make sense to their physiology, but also because there would be so few units of each type that inheritable weapons couldn't be implemented fast enough to be meaningful.

If gauntlets were to be added to the game, either all of them would be uninheritable or they would be release at such a snail's pace that weapon inheritance would be largely meaningless for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Do you guys really think they'll add an entirely new weapon type just for four characters?

Given that they both chose to implement colored bows and still haven't added a red bow, personally I wouldn't put anything past the FEH dev team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to the gauntlet arguement for only 4 characters i would say that they could later down the road make a brave/legendary byleth for gauntlets as he/she is also strong in gauntlets and since Rhea has the same pros/cons as Byleth you could have either a Rhea or Serios with Gauntlets too. i would also add that they do have seasonal characters. they could easily use gauntlets for seasonal characters like a halloween character who fights using claws or something. and with how they have changed certain heroes in the past (narshan using a axe, faye using a bow ) they are willing to take a few detours so you never know you may see an FE character released later on using them too

 

for the list i would like to see more of a church banner this time as no one from the church has been added yet

Would include if brawl was in the game that banner

Catherine - Red Sword

Rhea - Blue Tome

Cyril - Green Axe Flying

Alois - Colourless Brawl

GHB- Seiros - Colourless Brawl

 

If Brawl was not in the game that banner

Catherine - Red Sword

Seteth - Blue Lance Flying

Flayn - Green Mage

Shamir - Colourless Archer

GBH- Rhea - Blue Tome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem isn't the number of characters because they can always add more units in the form of seasonals.

The problem is the distribution of weapons. The only completely brand new weapon type we've gotten since the game's release was beasts, and they were pretty much forced to give all beast units uninheritable weapons, both to prevent units from having weapons that don't make sense to their physiology, but also because there would be so few units of each type that inheritable weapons couldn't be implemented fast enough to be meaningful.

If gauntlets were to be added to the game, either all of them would be uninheritable or they would be release at such a snail's pace that weapon inheritance would be largely meaningless for a long time.

I think 4 is plenty of effects to start with. Only a handful of Weapon effects are in common use. From Player Phase side, there are Firesweep, Brave, Blade, and Slaying. From Enemy Phase side, there are Def/Res boost, Distant Counter, Guard, and Slaying.

Firesweep, Blade, Bracing, and Guard are four good Weapons effects to start with if they want give the new Weapon class equal potential on both Phases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XRay said:

I think 4 is plenty of effects to start with. Only a handful of Weapon effects are in common use. From Player Phase side, there are Firesweep, Brave, Blade, and Slaying. From Enemy Phase side, there are Def/Res boost, Distant Counter, Guard, and Slaying.

Firesweep, Blade, Bracing, and Guard are four good Weapons effects to start with if they want give the new Weapon class equal potential on both Phases.

The probability we get a single banner with 4 gauntlet units on it is zero unless they make gauntlets colored, which is incredibly unlikely. That means we aren't "starting with 4 effects"; it means we're starting with 1 effect, then waiting a few months to get another, then waiting a few months to get another, etc. It doesn't work.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The probability we get a single banner with 4 gauntlet units on it is zero unless they make gauntlets colored, which is incredibly unlikely. That means we aren't "starting with 4 effects"; it means we're starting with 1 effect, then waiting a few months to get another, then waiting a few months to get another, etc. It doesn't work.

They can do 2 gauntlets per New Heroes Focus with a Special Heroes Focus in between, so that is only a 2 month wait between the first pair and second pair.

Alternatively, they can just drop 1 gauntlet into the Legendary/Mythic Heroes Foci like what they did with M!Byleth and do it for 2 months. The regular monthly New Heroes Foci would just have 1 colorless. That way, you still get 2 per month.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...