The worst parent

SeiroXorieS

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desmond, easily. Is it any wonder that Zephiel turned into what he did in Binding Blade after the crap he went through thanks to him?

Edited by Shadow Mir

Desmond and Sonia probably rank really, really highly. 

Reptor does care about Tailtiu and seems to have some trouble fighting her. But he still tries to kill her and tells Tailtiu to her face that she should die. Maybe trying to murder his daughter despite caring for her makes it worse. 

Although I wouldn't necessarily call him the worst, for he is good to Arion, I will mention Travant in this topic.

Travant is a nice villain deserving some sympathy, but his relationship with Altena is shown as so poor, that it is the one real blight on his character. Being a villain which certain political aims, his other objectionable act is justifiable, but being mean to Altena has nothing to do with his villainous goal. Therefore, the meanness was unjustified, and goes against what Kaga said Travant's relationship to Altena is supposed to be, one in which he really loved her. The issue is he never expresses the love properly.

12 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

At least he did not abused Robin much, or he did but they forgot about it. 

I mean from what we know Validar didn’t really have a chance to anything to Robin cause Robin’s Mom supposedly stole them as an infant so yeah.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Validar. He's terribly written and he only wants to use Robin as a body for Grima.

Terrible father? Yes, kind of. Terribly written? that’s debatable

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Validar. He's terribly written and he only wants to use Robin as a body for Grima.

I don't remember him abusing Robin much, or at all, really, as opposed to Desmond, who I would argue was even more of an asshole. I mean, the latter is over-the-top levels of awful (as in you couldn't find a worse parent in the series if you tried level awful).

Edited by Shadow Mir

While not the worst, I can't help but feel disgusted at how Gustave/Gilbert treats Annette. Abandoning her and then downright ignoring and avoiding her even though she's willing to forgive him. 

49 minutes ago, starburst said:

Arthur and Kaze, for enabling Predator Cornflakes to date their literally kid children.

We can add Takumi to that list too since Kiragi isn't much older than Perci and Midori.

8 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

n all seriousness, I'd put Rolf's parents up there.

Well, one half of the parents. All Rolf's dad did was getting sick and dying. His mom definitely ditched him though as well as his dying dad. She seems to regret doing it but that doesn't make it any less scummy. 

I guess I have to put Galzus in the derelict dad department too for abandoning his daughter, even if he did try to make up for it latter in life, and reconciled with his daughter in the end (probably).

Oh man I almost forgot Victor, Arvis's asshat of a father, whose drunken philandering tore the family apart, and dramatic suicide while implicating his wife for adultery left the poor guy a bitter orphan

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

We can add Takumi to that list too since Kiragi isn't much older than Perci and Midori.

😱
You are right! I have not played Birthright and forgot about him. Another prey for Corrin, nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't remember him abusing Robin much, or at all, really, as opposed to Desmond, who I would argue was even more of an asshole. I mean, the latter is over-the-top levels of awful (as in you couldn't find a worse parent in the series if you tried level awful).

Unless you count Sonia. I think killing Nino's real parents and then raising her so terribly, neglectfully and abusively that she never even learned how to read makes Sonia worse than Desmond. But maybe she doesn't count as a "parent".