Potential GHBs for TH (spoiler warning for all routes)

redlight

TH has been out for a little more than a month and it's safe to say we've experienced most of the game. GHBs for the most part have involved characters we've faced in the stories. While there are exceptions, they've been enemy units overwhelmingly. I'll try to list all no-brainer GHBs as well as a few others that might be worth mentioning. I won't include minor bosses like Kostas. There's about 18 students left counting Flayn + 10 church affiliates making a total of potentially 6 banners of characters if some of them are GHBs. I might be nitpicky with some characters. I won't include mythic hero candidates and legendary hero ones

Act 1

Solon: He might be a staff unit or potentially a tome one using magic called Zahras. It might have an isolation effect
Flame Emperor: With or without mask. Potentially same axe as Edelgard's making her an armor version of her. They might make the unmasked version whalebait because Edelgard and armors
Worth mentioning: Lonato (generic cav), Miklan (lance armor with Lance of Ruin)
Students: Any of the students are potential candidates, potentially Bernadetta (I'm going off of her being in a noteworthy location in the Battle of Eagle and Lion, would make for a nice GHB),
Monastery: Manuela, Haneman, Seteth, maybe Gilbert

Act 2

Cornelia: Mage, nuff said
Rodrigue: Cavalry mage with Aura tome
Judith: Infantry sword with potentially a rapier
Nader: Axe flier. Nothing interesting
Thales: Potentially with the Quake tome. Might be similar to Skadi and Imhullu
Students: Basically any of the non-lords are viable candidates. Maybe moreso with Lysithea, Lorenz and Ashe due to them being "recruitable enemies", demonic beast Dedue might be a viable fallen hero GHB candidate
Church: Everyone except Rhea. Flayn probably won't be in these batches since she's a student and it'd be the same version of her all over again (the church staff might even get delayed or at least some of them to a act 2 banner)

Edited by redlight

15 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

What the hell is a GHB?

Grand Hero Battle. I may start playing 3H soon, as I’m expecting to have lots of free time due to the upcoming wild party in my area. Hosted by some Dorian or something. Anyway, it’ll be wild enough to have some free time 

Miklan will never make it into Heroes but rather than give him the Lance of Ruin, which should go to Sylvain alone, you could always have him transform into a beast?

Cornelia and the Flame Emperor appear like prime candidates to me. These two are the only ones I believe have a chance. Thales works but the evil dark mage archetype has been largely ignored thus far in Heroes (outside Gharnef, the original) so I don't expect him to make the cut (even less of a chance for Solon).

Edited by Vince777

13 hours ago, redlight said:

demonic beast Dedue might be a viable fallen hero GHB candidate

Is this a BL only thing? Anyway, I thought of the same thing but for Marianne. Demonic beast Marianne is something I would love to see be played around with in Heroes. Her paralogue map would be the perfect pick for the GHB map.

Ladislava and Randolph also seem like good candidates. Maybe Acheron too if we're already including the likes of Lonato.

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Is this a BL only thing? Anyway, I thought of the same thing but for Marianne. Demonic beast Marianne is something I would love to see be played around with in Heroes. Her paralogue map would be the perfect pick for the GHB map.

Ladislava and Randolph also seem like good candidates. Maybe Acheron too if we're already including the likes of Lonato.

Black Eagles route, actually.

Lonato has a cut scene, a character background, a story and important ties with one of the students. I don’t think that’s good enough for a GHB but he’s a much more fleshed out character than Achelon.

Edited by Vince777

21 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Black Eagles route, actually.

Lonato has a cut scene, a character background, a story and important ties with one of the students. I don’t think that’s good enough for a GHB but he’s a much more fleshed out character than Achelon.

Ah, thank you. I'll look forward to that then.

True but he doesn't leave that much of an impression even then and the cutscene feels like it exists to showcase Catherine's relic and strength rather Lonato as a character. Acheron's face is pretty unforgettable on the other hand and I feel like his antics would make him a better recieved character in a gacha like Heroes.

17 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ah, thank you. I'll look forward to that then.

True but he doesn't leave that much of an impression even then and the cutscene feels like it exists to showcase Catherine's relic and strength rather Lonato as a character. Acheron's face is pretty unforgettable on the other hand and I feel like his antics would make him a better recieved character in a gacha like Heroes.

I suggest developping Ashe and Catherine's support convos for more background on Lonato. 

Literally all we know about Acheron is : "he's a minor Lord of the Alliance". 

Edited by Vince777

I don't believe we will have students as GHB... I can see Cyril or Flayn as TT units.

I also don't believe we will see Part 2 units so soon, which I also believe that the House Leaders after-timeskip outfits will be their Legendary or CYL alts.

With these all said... My votes for GHB are Solon, Lonato or Miklan. Solon would probably be a Red Tome Infantry, and we don't have that many of this type as GHB, right? Lonato would be a Cavalry Lance unit, and we just had DK. Miklan would be a Armored Lance unit, which we only have LA Eliwood as our Armored Lance Grails unit.

If we get Lonato, I can see Ashe in the new heroes banner, and if we get Miklan, I can see Sylvain in the banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Demonic Beast Dedue would be interesting. There's not a lot of option to get a Demonic Beast into the game and he's probably the most popular option you could go with, and from a characterization standpoint it would be unique since it shows Dedue at his most insanely loyal, so there's a lot of fun you could have with the character. The Flame Emperor would be fun as well, they'd overlap with a certain other character, but there's still enough options that are given for both to play around with that they can stand out from each other. 

They could make Miklan an Armour Beast. That way they can reserve the Lance of Ruin for Sylvain but still be true to character for Miklan.

I want to see Cornelia and Thales GHBs because I want to see how they'd translate the Titanus to FEH. They'll probably just make them a bunch of Bold Fighter Armors and call it a day. Thales' map also could look really cool.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't believe we will have students as GHB... I can see Cyril or Flayn as TT units.

You do face basically all of them as enemies. Also, it seems the new norm for TT is seasonal. Sigrun is an exception over a long line of seasonal TT rewards

28 minutes ago, Jakkun said:

They could make Miklan an Armour Beast. That way they can reserve the Lance of Ruin for Sylvain but still be true to character for Miklan.

Prf weapons in this game can be shared. Naga, Tyrfing, Durandal, Basilikos.

Edited by redlight

The problem I see with Miklan or Dedue turning into beasts is that they would need to turn to beasts and back all the time and that wouldn't make much sense. 

Edited by Vince777

I'm saving Orbs for Catherine, over 200 so far, so I hope she's not a GHB, though if she is, I guess that would mean a I would have a WAY better chance to get her, and I would just save up Holy Grails. Though not sure if they would make her one, since she has the Thunderbrand...though you do fight her in the BE route. Hmmmm.

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

The probably I see with Miklan or Dedue turning into beasts is that they would need to turn to beasts and back all the time and that wouldn't make much sense. 

It wouldn't be that much different from what happened with Duma. When Duma gets the dragon form we see in FEH he's almost completely degenerated into a mindless beast and thus shouldn't have access to his manakete form, yet they still use the latter as his base form and he can transform freely. Dedue and Miklan would probably be treated the same way, they shouldn't be able to transform back into their human forms due to Three House's canon, but for the sake of gameplay they would still have access to it to fit into the mechanics of the FEH. 

Edited by Medeus