Unanswered story questions/cliffhanger even after you played the game? (major spoiler warning)

Timlugia

Rhea is an useful source of information and her existence can be enough to keep Thales and all the TWSITD in check after the war is over (You say you have nukes? I could free the fucking dragon I've been keeping in the cellar!).
I suppose that Edelgard is pragmatical enough to recognise her value as an hostage in the routes in which she manages to capture her in weakened state.

Crimson Flower Rhea is different because is free, and didn't suffer 5 years of imprisonment so she is back to full power, killing her here is far easier than capturing and also is still good propaganda for the empire. Not to mention she ends up way too crazy and dangerous due to Byleth's actions.

Edited by Dark Kain

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building on that, why didn't TWITD demands execute Rhea as well? Or did they conducts experiments or torture on her?

We know Edelgard holding Rhea isn't much a secret, since Thales was there when they got her, and even some random imperial soldiers knows about it

(In Silver Snow you got confirmed intel when some random imperial PoWs told you about Rhea being held)

Edited by Timlugia

Yeah, I think experiments for more power may be the reason that makes the most sense. They're all about that dragon blood.

But of course she doesn't really tell us what they did to her in any route.

So I just noticed some major inconsistency in Imperial Chronicles:

According to the book in the library, William I created the Empire 41 years after arrival of Seiros, so we could mark Seiros as Year -41

Yet, multiple character (Ferdinand, Linhardt, Hanneman) mentioned that Enbarr was 1400 years old, built after Seiros, originally named City of Seiros, so it's year -215 or earlier.

And obviously these two claims don't reconcile, because based on the city history, Seiros must arrived before year -215 to gather enough follower to create a major city

Surely we know that Imperial founding myth was an artificial revision history, but I can't help but wonder which version is closer to the truth? And the thing about War of Hero in Year 31 might be a fake dates either.

Edited by Timlugia

9 hours ago, Timlugia said:

So I just noticed some major inconsistency in Imperial Chronicles:

According to the book in the library, William I created the Empire 41 years after arrival of Seiros, so we could mark Seiros as Year -41

Yet, multiple character (Ferdinand, Linhardt, Hanneman) mentioned that Enbarr was 1400 years old, built after Seiros, originally named City of Seiros, so it's year -215 or earlier.

And obviously these two claims don't reconcile, because based on the city history, Seiros must arrived before year -215 to gather enough follower to create a major city

Surely we know that Imperial founding myth was an artificial revision history, but I can't help but wonder which version is closer to the truth? And the thing about War of Hero in Year 31 might be a fake dates either.

Founding the empire =/= founding Enbarr. Seiros was venerated much earlier than the War against Nemesis (in which she "recruited" Wilhelm IIRC).

9 hours ago, timon said:

Founding the empire =/= founding Enbarr. Seiros was venerated much earlier than the War against Nemesis (in which she "recruited" Wilhelm IIRC).

I know they are different, problem is two sources listed out completely different dates Seiros first appears here.

The Imperial official history actually used the phase that "Seiros arrived Fodlan", clearly in the manner that Seiros was unknown before year -41, rather than just William haven't met her. If by other characters statement, Seiros already has has a city state/small kingdom for almost 200 years to this point.

Edited by Timlugia

I want to know the true nature between Hero’s Relics and Demonic Beasts. We get an explanation that Demonic Beasts are abominations from people using the Relic’s power without a crest, but characters like Maurice and Edelgard manage to become Beasts even when they weird crests. Not to mention that Sothis recalls seeing Beasts before, even though the crests and relics were created after her death. 

Other than that, Flayn and Seteth’s dragon forms.

I need more exposure on the children of the goddess. From what I can gather Serios, Macuil, Indech, Cichol, Cethleen's mother, and the 11 dragons slain by the elites are all children of the goddess. But I'm unsure on Cethleen because she is like a grandchild so can she still transform and does she have her own unique crest, or is her crest's original owner her mother and she just inherited it. Also does that meant Cichol and his wife did Incest? I am very confused but I need to know more about the. Also the 5 other unmentioned Crest stones especially Noa and Timotheos as I believe those are the two on Nemesis' sword, and Ernest as I think that is the crest on Anna's clothes. That said I have full faith the dlc will explain these things as why would you bother to make 5 non existent crests for no reason.

Seteth having a child with one of the other dragon children of Sothis being incest is tricky since they were the first generation of a new species, and at that point it’s either incest or your species just ends. 

One thing, though, is we don’t actually know if the wife was a dragon or a human woman. Flayn being the only second generation dragon throws her crest in the air too as it could be uniquely her own, and the mother isn’t sanctified. 

Seteth’s S-Support with Byleth states directly he intends to aid her in the coming centuries, so he’s at least convinced Byleth has gained the dragon longevity. 

On the two crests thing, I thought it was called blood reconstruction? Hearing that I theorized it’s like trying to force the wrong blood type into a person, since the only two we know of that survived it were crest wielders before their surgeries. 

Edited by Altrosa

13 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Seteth’s S-Support with Byleth states directly he intends to aid her in the coming centuries, so he’s at least convinced Byleth has gained the dragon longevity. 

Byleth's ending with Flayn states they never age even long after he abdicated from the throne and retired into a villa.

Byleth's ending with Rhea also had Rhea saying she will support him rest of her life, which could easily be thousands of years.

I think Byleth is a dragonkin no doubt, just no pointy ears. Rhea says Byleth is their brethren, Seteth told Byleth he's like a family to them, Flayn says in tea party that they are same rare breed after you reached Support A.

Edited by Timlugia

My question is, what exactly is the deal with the western church? It's obvious that there is some manipulation by TWSITD, but the game never gets into specifics. Why do they think Rhea is a heretic defiling the goddess? It seems like that, rather than just wanting to grab power from her, they truly believe she's some false figure. A book in the library or some dialogue (can't remember, think it was with Ferdinand) notes that there was some schism also with the church of the empire that contributed to the environment of distrust there that predisposed Edelgard to dislike them even before being brainwashed, and Lonato's son was executed because of some involvement with an assassination plot on Rhea, but why was he driven to participate? Was he falsely implicated? What are the specifics of the propaganda campaign that TWSITD are leading? I wish the game explained the whole Lonato plotline better

The Western Church verses Central Church (and Eastern and Southern) dealings seems to be separate denominations of the same theology.  Think Catholic verses the many Protestant churches that are all still believers of Christianity. That IRL example was the result of the Catholic Church getting corrupted from the inside by terrible leadership and greed. 

The central church executing Lonato’s son Christophe for his hand in the Duscur tragedy damaged Lonato’s faith in the central branch, so he turned to the Western Church.

Western followers are shown pushing back against the central in every instance they pop up, and it seems their goals are to steal back the important artifacts of Seiros under the guise they have every right to them as much as the central sect does. Their pointed hatred towards Rhea is as leader of the central church is just an extension of that. (It’s HER fault the central church is a mess since she’s in charge of it.)

Honestly, though, the Lonato chapter is best at showing the civil unrest of Faerghus, how splintered, brutal, and confusing the church of Seiros is, and how much power the nobles actually have over commoners. It sets the story’s tone and does serious world building. But the unknown nature of exactly what happened in Duscur leaves a whole here, too. 

I’m more baffled at Lonato calling Catherine “Thunderstrike Cassandra” before she corrects him but... is Catherine like Jeralt in that she’s WAY older than she looks or what? 

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

I’m more baffled at Lonato calling Catherine “Thunderstrike Cassandra” before she corrects him but... is Catherine like Jeralt in that she’s WAY older than she looks or what? 

No she's not. That's explained in her supports. She was Cassandra of the House Charon and visited Garreg Mach Monastery together with Lonato's son Christophe. So they were childhood friends and were in the Blue Lions. But at some point Christophe was involved in a plot to kill Rhea and Cassandra turned him in to Rhea and Christophe was executed. Because they didn't want the public to know there was a plot to kill Rhea they publicy said Chrstiophe was involved in Duscur, which was a lie by the Church. Cassandra herself was claimed to be part of a plot to kill the king, that's why she flied and Rhea take her into the knights to safe her. Because of that she changed her name to Catherine. She did know Dimitri as child too. So no she is absolutelly not older.

7 hours ago, Hauke said:

No she's not. That's explained in her supports. She was Cassandra of the House Charon and visited Garreg Mach Monastery together with Lonato's son Christophe. So they were childhood friends and were in the Blue Lions. But at some point Christophe was involved in a plot to kill Rhea and Cassandra turned him in to Rhea and Christophe was executed. Because they didn't want the public to know there was a plot to kill Rhea they publicy said Chrstiophe was involved in Duscur, which was a lie by the Church. Cassandra herself was claimed to be part of a plot to kill the king, that's why she flied and Rhea take her into the knights to safe her. Because of that she changed her name to Catherine. She did know Dimitri as child too. So no she is absolutelly not older.

I have to say, "Thunderstrike Cassandra" changing her name to "Thunder Catherine" has to be the most ineffective name-change ever if she's really trying to protect her identity. Like, who was she trying to fool? It's worse than Gilbert/Gustave.

3 minutes ago, Chaotix said:

I have to say, "Thunderstrike Cassandra" changing her name to "Thunder Catherine" has to be the most ineffective name-change ever if she's really trying to protect her identity. Like, who was she trying to fool? It's worse than Gilbert/Gustave. 

I doubt it has to do with fooling somebody. I mean... everybody did know that Gustave and Gilbert are the same. She even talks with Dimitri about her past. It's most like more something like a monastic name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_name#Monastic_and_papal_name

Edited by Hauke

So, maybe it's a dumb question but, why did Byleth disappear for 5 years? What happened to him in that time? And why no one seems interested to know the truth (I mean, Edelgard ask him but he replies death/sleeping and it end there). I mean, in the crimson flower route it's not explained at least. Not clearly. 

7 minutes ago, MaryQueen99 said:

So, maybe it's a dumb question but, why did Byleth disappear for 5 years? What happened to him in that time? And why no one seems interested to know the truth (I mean, Edelgard ask him but he replies death/sleeping and it end there). I mean, in the crimson flower route it's not explained at least. Not clearly. 

It’s explained by Flayn in Silver Snow.

Right before Imperial counterattack by Randolph, Flayn asked you about the 5 years:

- picking “I was under a rock”, Flayn will tell you she spent her long sleep in a stone casket 

- Picking “I don’t know”, Flayn will tell you the first slumber for dragonkin usually leave no memory.

Before Byleth could ask more questions, Imperials arrived. But it’s quite obvious Byleth was recovering from his injury by dragon hibernation. Sothis told you that “your body was awakened, you just need to open the eyes” further corespondent with this.

Since you brought up this question, it just reminds me in Silver Snow Seteth told you he came back to the Holy Tomb to pick up something very important. But it was never elaborate on. I always wonder what’s so important Seteth and Flayn would come back for.

Edited by Timlugia

Off the top of my head;

How is Rhea able to have many identities over the years without people taking notice?

What pushed Jeritza to become the Death Knight?

What does Sothis think of Rhea?

Is Arundel Thales, or is Thales disguised as Arundel?

In one of the later chapters of the BE (forgot which one) what does Dimitri mean by "No need to worry yourself. Even if I am defeated, the Blaiddyd bloodline will live on".

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This one I can answer, Thales killed real Arundel and body snatched him.

In Blue Lion Dimitri was reading a church financial report,

it states Arundel used to donate large sum every year but suddenly stopped about 9 years ago, implying he was replaced around this time.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Off the top of my head;

How is Rhea able to have many identities over the years without people taking notice?

What pushed Jeritza to become the Death Knight?

What does Sothis think of Rhea?

In one of the later chapters of the BE (forgot which one) what does Dimitri mean by "No need to worry yourself. Even if I am defeated, the Blaiddyd bloodline will live on".

Rhea = Seiros = Immaculate One (Dragon form). Not sure what other identities you're talking about. Anyways, Shamir actually comments after killing Solon "People who live an inordinately long time, people whose hair changes color, and these crazy relics. Is Fodlan some sort of mystical land full of weird creatures?" So people have noticed Rhea's been around a long time, but only a select few know she's Seiros.

Jeritza is hinted at becoming the DK due to House Bartel's treatment of him, as well as their banishing of Mercedes and her mother, but what specifically is unknown. That being said, considering how ruthless the house was, I wouldn't be surprised if he was experimented on, considering his mannerisms and speech as Jeritza is really odd and as both Jeritza and the DK he is obsessed with fighting you because you're strong.

No clue, considering she doesn't have her memories and is later absorbed into you, before you learn much about Rhea.

Thales replaced Arundel just like Solon replaced Tomas and Kronya replaced Monica. Presumably, Cornelia was replaced as well.

Don't remember that line and it's pretty much outright stated he's the only member of the house left, so unless he's talking about something like "live on in spirit" I have no clue

On 9/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, Timlugia said:

Since you brought up this question, it just reminds me in Silver Snow Seteth told you he came back to the Holy Tomb to pick up something very important. But it was never elaborate on. I always wonder what’s so important Seteth and Flayn would come back for.

I know in the Azure Moon path, there is a paralogue in the Holy Tomb where you retrieve the Seiros Sheild. It’s the only time you fight the automatons in that story, I think.