Unanswered story questions/cliffhanger even after you played the game? (major spoiler warning)

Timlugia

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

How is Rhea able to have many identities over the years without people taking notice?

If I were to guess I'd imagine Rhea would take a break every couple of decades and disapear into the shadows before appearing again when she's sure she's outlived everyone. 

According to Thomas the cardinals of the church exert a lot of power from the shadows without anyone knowing their identities. Rhea could possibly retire to be a cardinal, then install a puppet Archbishop and then has her cardinal persona get ''promoted'' to archbishop when its safe to come out again. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In one of the later chapters of the BE (forgot which one) what does Dimitri mean by "No need to worry yourself. Even if I am defeated, the Blaiddyd bloodline will live on".

Since Cornelia never pulled off her coup in that timeline, Dimitri's uncle - who was acting as Regent while Dimitri was too young to take the throne - wasn't killed so that Dimitri could be framed for his murder and thus is presumably still alive.

51 minutes ago, KKAfterbrun said:

When did the experiments on Lysithea take place? Was it one or more years prior to the story?

I got the impression that Lysithea was the prototype of sorts or the experiments done on Edelgard's family. IIRC Edelgard was experimented on four years prior to the story, so Lysithea was probably a few months to a year before that.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:22 AM, Altrosa said:

The Western Church verses Central Church (and Eastern and Southern) dealings seems to be separate denominations of the same theology.  Think Catholic verses the many Protestant churches that are all still believers of Christianity. That IRL example was the result of the Catholic Church getting corrupted from the inside by terrible leadership and greed.

Western followers are shown pushing back against the central in every instance they pop up, and it seems their goals are to steal back the important artifacts of Seiros under the guise they have every right to them as much as the central sect does. Their pointed hatred towards Rhea is as leader of the central church is just an extension of that. (It’s HER fault the central church is a mess since she’s in charge of it.)

Right, I got that there was a theological difference, but what is it exactly? They label Rhea a heretic, and it seems like their gripe with her is over something different than just mismanagement. What underlying differences in their beliefs?

Just now, MikeOfPherae said:

Right, I got that there was a theological difference, but what is it exactly? They label Rhea a heretic, and it seems like their gripe with her is over something different than just mismanagement. What underlying differences in their beliefs?

They also called Seteth a heretic to St. Cichol...quite ironic...

Moving this here due to not being on-topic in the other thread:

Just now, Timlugia said:

You really only get a few more pages, how about thing like true age of Jeralt? Or any info between Jeralt and Rhea in the past 100+ years?

Honestly, even after beating all routes, I still don't know much about Jeralt. Even Byleth himself express the confusion and/or desire to know more about him in several supports.

It is implied that Claude interrupts you partway through reading the whole thing. Honestly, having a scene of Byleth reading all of Jeralt's sappy lovesick entries would have made the game worse, not better.

As for his "true" (which I take to mean exact) age, why would Jeralt write his age in his diary, especially if he'd already forgotten it?

Spoiler

We know that he's over 100, which is plenty for the story's purposes.

Not as he would write it down, but providing some reference to his true background

Like if he mentions he witness the rise of Alliance, we would know he's at least 250 years old; or the founding of Academy in 980 we would know that he's already working for Rhea at the time.

Speaking of Jeralt, has anyone noticed that they never mention the actual Master/Captain of the Knights? We only know that he/she was on a leave in chapter 1 and Jeralt was working as a temporary substitute. But after Jeralt was killed and war began, you would assume he/she would be recall immediately. Yet his/her identity or presence was never brought up ever again.

Edited by Timlugia

7 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Not as he would write it down, but providing some reference to his true background

Like if he mentions he witness the rise of Alliance, we would know he's at least 250 years old; or the founding of Academy in 980 we would know that he's already working for Rhea at the time.

Speaking of Jeralt, has anyone noticed that they never mention the actual Master/Captain of the Knights? We only know that he/she was on a leave in chapter 1 and Jeralt was working as a temporary substitute. But after Jeralt was killed and war began, you would assume he/she would be recall immediately. Yet his/her identity or presence was never brought up ever again.

I believe the captain ended up retiring not long after Jeralt came back. He mentioned taking the job of substitute captain because the actual captain was getting too old.

I just thought another question, about the Byleth in the Crimson Flower ending

Spoiler

Why does Byleth survive? If I understand correctly, Byleth was dead at birth and if he is alives now it's just thanks to the crest. But in the ending the crest disappear and Byleth heart start beating for the first time. 

I mean, I'm happy it ended that way but I don't understand why. 

21 minutes ago, MaryQueen99 said:

I just thought another question, about the Byleth in the Crimson Flower ending

Hide contents

Why does Byleth survive? If I understand correctly, Byleth was dead at birth and if he is alives now it's just thanks to the crest. But in the ending the crest disappear and Byleth heart start beating for the first time. 

I mean, I'm happy it ended that way but I don't understand why. 

Iirc he only lost the crest stone, crest bearers don't normally have a stone lodged in their heart. My guess and it's complete inference, the stone disappearing was the work of aothis allowing Byleth to become fully human rather than being her avatar since that is your choice essentially if you go crimson flower 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:28 AM, Altrosa said:

Seteth having a child with one of the other dragon children of Sothis being incest is tricky since they were the first generation of a new species, and at that point it’s either incest or your species just ends. 

iirc, its never fully said that seteth's wife was a dragonkin at all, hell considering they met at a church in pre serios embarr i'd say his wife was just a regular human being

5 minutes ago, GrassEater said:

iirc, its never fully said that seteth's wife was a dragonkin at all, hell considering they met at a church in pre serios embarr i'd say his wife was just a regular human being

Make sense since she's dead, sure she could have died violently but the way they act it's more like she died of illness.

1 hour ago, CyberNinja said:

Make sense since she's dead, sure she could have died violently but the way they act it's more like she died of illness.

Seteth said she died in battle, said that he failed to protect her.

Also they met in the church itself doesn't really argue either way in my opinion, from Seteth's line after rescuing Rhea in Silver Snow it seems Enbarr was the place when Nabatean survivors first gather together after Zanado.  We also need to remember Flayn has unique crest herself.

19 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Seteth said she died in battle, said that he failed to protect her.

Also they met in the church itself doesn't really argue either way in my opinion, from Seteth's line after rescuing Rhea in Silver Snow it seems Enbarr was the place when Nabatean survivors first gather together after Zanado.  We also need to remember Flayn has unique crest herself.

Was that in one  f his supports?

8 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Was that in one  f his supports?

A support with Flayn

Seteth: No. The fault is entirely mine. You were still so young. I placed far too much strain on you, and our lack of resources was no excuse. Worse, I failed to watch you during the battle. Your mother too. We...lost her because of me. Afterward, it broke my heart to see how much you would need to rest just to survive. I swore that I would dedicate every moment remaining in my life to your protection.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Seteth/Supports#A_Support_5

On 9/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, Timlugia said:

- How close Jeralt was to Rhea? Again I feel there was more than being said by Jeralt and Rhea. Rhea is quite unforgiving when comes to betrayal, yet she immediately forgive Jeralt for all the transgression he committed against her: including stealing Byleth away and setting major fire to the church. She gave Jeralt nothing but praise, even more strange, in C support if you pick Jeralt told you Rhea was terrifying, you would actually raised support with her. Not only that, she immediately reinstated him as captain despite objection from Seteth. This again is very strange, because if Rhea wants to "control" Byleth, she should separated them by only hiring Byleth and sent Jeralt away so he can't tell Byelth anymore secret about her. Another thing was Jeralt seems to reconcile with Rhea just before his death, by saying it was a mistake to leave monastery, but he didn't get chance to explain it.

There are more, but these are questions I can think about so far, Feel free to pitch in or trying to answer them if you have answers.

Two things along the same line as this that I would really like fleshed out in a dlc side story.

I'm very confused that the game just left significant portions of Byleth's backstory blank. Why did Jeralt work in Leonie's village alone? Byleth would have been a little kid only a few years older than Leonie but she wasn't with Jeralt and it's seriously doubtful that Jeralt had any relatives alive to take care of her. And of course when asked Byleth just says that she doesn't remember but that's strange. Also, why can't Byleth remember even the simplest of things from her past. I understand the age thing because Jeralt would want to hide her true age as much as possible but even when people would ask simple questions like how long have you been a mercenary she couldn't answer. I would love for some of that backstory to be filled in. 

And, Jeralt's and Rhea's relationship is interesting. When Jeralt left the monastery he never changed his name and he was a famous mercenary who traveled all over Fodlan. I find it incomprehensible that Rhea didn't know that he was alive. So why would she just let him roam all around the continent with his kid/her mother's heart but never try to bring him back to Garreg Mach? It really doesn't make sense. She is a big believer in fate so maybe she thought that eventually Byleth would make her way back to the monastery but it seems odd that she never tried to speed fate along a little bit. Her faith in Jeralt was incredibly strong for her to just leave the only tangible thing that she had left of her mother with him and never tried to get it back.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:06 AM, Timlugia said:

Given that Claude and Byleth both read the diary and don't comment on his surprising age, it seems likely that nothing of the sort was in there.

I have an unanswered question about a very unimportant thing:

Spoiler

Why do the golems in Crimson Flower endgame have names?! One's called Wilhelm, even, and another is Chevalier. What's going on here?

11 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

I have an unanswered question about a very unimportant thing:

To answer your question:

Spoiler

Wilhelm was the first Emperor of Adrestia iirc, and Chevalier is the name of a Crest. What exactly that means is anyone’s guess, but I wouldn’t doubt it if their Crests were somehow inside those Golems.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, LilyRose said:

I find it incomprehensible that Rhea didn't know that he was alive. So why would she just let him roam all around the continent with his kid/her mother's heart but never try to bring him back to Garreg Mach? It really doesn't make sense. She is a big believer in fate so maybe she thought that eventually Byleth would make her way back to the monastery but it seems odd that she never tried to speed fate along a little bit. Her faith in Jeralt was incredibly strong for her to just leave the only tangible thing that she had left of her mother with him and never tried to get it back.

When you've been waiting around for a thousand years, what's another twenty between friends? It can sort of be handwaved away since that amount of time is fairly meaningless to a dragon. Probably no point having a pre-pubescent kid running around the monastery when she could just wait for Jeralt to raise Byleth to maturity before acting.

It's also not unlikely that she viewed Byleth as a probable failure in terms of her project, since their existence was just circumstance - an spontaneous act of kindness as opposed to a grand plan. After all, if she was in a rush, she would not have saved Byleth at all. Maybe she would have been content to just let Byleth live and die a normal life as a sort of intermission between more serious attempts at rebirth.

32 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

To answer your question:

Hide contents

Wilhelm was the first Emperor of Adrestia iirc, and Chevalier is the name of a Crest. What exactly that means is anyone’s guess, but I wouldn’t doubt it if their Crests were somehow inside those Golems.

That's not possible, since Wilhelm John I bears Crest of Seiros, so his "crest" can't be on a golem.

Maybe church named their weapons based on Imperial heroes more likely.

17 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

That's not possible, since Wilhelm John I bears Crest of Seiros, so his "crest" can't be on a golem.

Maybe church named their weapons based on Imperial heroes more likely.

Spoiler

That's true of Wilhelm, but I was more thinking along the lines of their blood, not the stone itself. Pretty sure some of the golems straight up have Crests in their description, so it could be possible. The "stone" could be true of Chevalier though since we know next to nothing about that one.