Unanswered story questions/cliffhanger even after you played the game? (major spoiler warning)

Timlugia

On 12/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, B.Leu said:

Same with Linhardt if I recall.

Damn I never knew that. I need to find that support now because that's very interesting. Could it be Catherine, Marianne or Annette? I never did those, I also didn't finish his Edelgard support so it might have been there.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, KelluPato said:

The Remire calamity, instead of seeing the villagers and their calamity you instead watch your students reacting to it

This is kind of a poor example. Right before you see your students' reactions, you get dialogue from the villagers, including their... fairly disturbing portraits. It's clear that they've gone berserk, to the point of them shouting about killing each other (not exactly subtle).

Honestly, it was probably the best-handled part of the Remire incident. Why did the Church give us this mission at the start of the month, and if they knew things were wrong, why didn't we intervene sooner? It would work better IMO if we had no advance notice, and the mission came out of the blue (say, from someone who escaped the village and fled to Garreg Mach).

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Typo

On 9/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, Glennstavos said:

How was Nemesis resurrected? Were the agarthans waiting for the right moment to unleash him? If so, why not the moment Shamballa is discovered? And what's the story behind his second creator sword? We saw Seiros take it from him in the opening movie. 

Wasn't Nemesis never Killed? I remember Rhea saying something like "Due to the Blood of the progenitor god we could not kill him" and he was just in that Nabataen slumber or whatever regaining his strength.

Nemesis is also how i assume Edelgard got her Crest of Flames. With the Agarthans taking his blood and transferring it into Edelgard and her siblings in hopes of one of them obtaining the Crest of Flames. After all how else were they going to get the crest of flames.

Could also explain why Edelgard doesn't seemingly have the god-like abilities that Nemesis and Byleth have with being able to sleep for long periods, survive otherwise fatal wounds and live extended lives, since hers was a secondary CoF much like a passed on crest rather than being a first crest bearer who got the crest from the source. (Sothis' Blood.)

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Did the game ever explain about how Cornelia could keep her youthful appearance?  She definitely doesn't look like at least in her 40s

She also doesn't have a crest...so maybe it's TWISTD power?

The Cornelia we see in the game isn't the real Cornelia, she's been replaced by TWSITD. Given that Kronya and Solon were both able to shed their disguise and reclaim their true form with ease, I find it unlikely that the "Monica," "Tomas," and "Cornelia" we see are anything more than some sort of magical disguise.

The physical bodies of their victims were probably either used up by the spell that creates that disguise, or otherwise disposed of. Given that "Cornelia" isn't actually Cornelia, and her appearance is a mere spell, it's reasonable to assume that the transformation spell is static and doesn't account for how many years have passed since it was first created. Maybe if she were to reveal her true form to us, the Agarthian beneath the guise of the beautiful Cornelia would be a frail old lady? LOL