Is there any way I can clear chapter 22? Did I get generally RNG-screwed? (Minor spoilers)

Anacybele

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That would be fine, except Sylvain is the only one of those four that actually has a real Def stat. The other three have crappy defenses.

I was mostly referring to a combination of their HP, Def, and Res. Though I wasn't telling you to throw them in the middle of 10 enemies either.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nemesis, i.........actually only won because i got a lucky crit.

Hilda can survive a trade usually, I give her a hexshield just in case. Use Windsweep with Byleth using creator's sword, if you don't win with a crit its ok because Byleth won't eat a counter anyway. have Hilda use her relic's arts move and follow up with Sylvain. If Nemesis survived all that than use Claude and a Brave/Silver Bow. If that isn't enough, use gambits with other units to soften him up. Get enough units in range this way and his hit should drop significantly.

Even if you only have normal weapons, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

You said you haven't been using Gambits, which are game changers. You can totally get by not using them, of course, but if you're struggling and ignoring them, using them will be largely beneficial. Although you cant attack twice with Gambits, most are line attacks and many are cones with a couple diamond shaped area attacks with amazing bonus effects. A lot of gambits reduce hit and evasion rate as well, further boosting overall survivability if you can't kill the unit in one turn.

6 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Hilda can survive a trade usually, I give her a hexshield just in case. Use Windsweep with Byleth using creator's sword, if you don't win with a crit its ok because Byleth won't eat a counter anyway. have Hilda use her relic's arts move and follow up with Sylvain. If Nemesis survived all that than use Claude and a Brave/Silver Bow. If that isn't enough, use gambits with other units to soften him up. Get enough units in range this way and his hit should drop significantly.

On my playthrough, Nemesis was ORKO'ing everyone at full health except Claud and Byleth. And even then, without their signature Combat Arts, they weren't gonna do much damage. The only way i won was Ruptured Heaven crit followed by a Luna from Lysethia. If i didn't get that crit, i genuinely would not have won. Even with Gambits, a good chunk of them either did like 2 damage or had the hit-rate of a Stormtrooper.

If i was playing bad, i'll just accept it because i'm literally just finding out Windsweep is a skill in this game. But yeah, Nemesis? For me, he was genuinely the hardest boss in the game. The map itself was easier than Blue Lions endgame though.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On my playthrough, Nemesis was ORKO'ing everyone at full health except Claud and Byleth. And even then, without their signature Combat Arts, they weren't gonna do much damage. The only way i won was Ruptured Heaven crit followed by a Luna from Lysethia. If i didn't get that crit, i genuinely would not have won. Even with Gambits, a good chunk of them either did like 2 damage or had the hit-rate of a Stormtrooper.

If i was playing bad, i'll just accept it because i'm literally just finding out Windsweep is a skill in this game. But yeah, Nemesis? For me, he was genuinely the hardest boss in the game. The map itself was easier than Blue Lions endgame though.

The map creators intent you to fight nemesis essentially how it happens in the cutscene Open with fallen star from Claude so he can negate a retaliation from Neme and then follow up with Windsweep from Byleth. Kinda funny, but it gets consistent results.

Also you can just use the blessing Gambit on all your units, Suicide them against Nemesis (survive with 1 HP) then use your dancer on Byleth for a second Creator Sword Windsweep. If that's not enough you can use a resonant heal/fortify on your troops and have them proc'd for another miracle (don't know if the effect is discharged when it is used on player phase, if so apply again or use a heal and use the impregnable wall gambit so you only take one damage.) The game lets you be very unfair to your enemies.

Edited by CyberNinja

9 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Windsweep is Byleth's best combat art and yeah, the #1 reason to level Byleth as a sword class and get his sword rank to A+ asap.

Yeah, i never got his sword rank to A+ and i've played the game four times.

9 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Also you can just use the blessing Gambit on all your units, Suicide them against Nemesis (survive with 1 HP) then use your dancer on Byleth for a second Creator Sword Windsweep.

I suppose i could but remember what i said, without their Combat Arts, Byleth and Claude weren't doing that much damage. Most of my units weren't actually gonna do much damage anyway. Lysethia did the most by a significant amount without crits with Luna because that spell is bonkers but using it meant Lysethia had to finish Nemesis off, otherwise she would meet a terrible fate.

In case you're wondering, most of my units were around the recommended level for the map (so around 40).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but using it meant Lysethia had to finish Nemesis off, otherwise she would meet a terrible fate.

Most of muy units were below recommended level, weren't stat blessed either. Proc a blessing on Lys and since she avgs around 40-50 mag by that point, two lunas (dancer recommended) should finish him even if she doesn't crit. Hilda's relic art should hurt his strength some but even still, scratch damage by the others is still an option to get him in threshold for the second luna.

33 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I was mostly referring to a combination of their HP, Def, and Res. Though I wasn't telling you to throw them in the middle of 10 enemies either.

Oh, I see. My bad. That could work then.

17 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Also you can just use the blessing Gambit on all your units, Suicide them against Nemesis (survive with 1 HP) then use your dancer on Byleth for a second Creator Sword Windsweep. If that's not enough you can use a resonant heal/fortify on your troops and have them proc'd for another miracle (don't know if the effect is discharged when it is used on player phase, if so apply again or use a heal and use the impregnable wall gambit so you only take one damage.) The game lets you be very unfair to your enemies.

I don't have a dancer. I blew my chance of getting one because I didin't think to check the charm stat of the character I was entering in that dance contest (Lorenz). I know, I was dumb about it...

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have a dancer. I blew my chance of getting one because I didin't think to check the charm stat of the character I was entering in that dance contest (Lorenz). I know, I was dumb about it...

You know, I can't even criticize you for this because I lost my dancer on my first playthrough almost immediately after unlocking the class...

I didn't even know it was possible to not win. Don't you get the option to train their dancing once during the monastery exploration? I know that when I did it with Ingrid, she got 5 charm from it. And to win, you just have to have over 13 charm (apparently not true, thanks Manuela for the false hope). Unless you forgot to do this, which is totally plausible.

Edited by Eltoshen

Just now, Eltoshen said:

I didn't even know it was possible to not win. Don't you get the option to train their dancing once during the monastery exploration? I know that when I did it with Ingrid, she got 5 charm from it. Unless you forgot to do this, which is totally plausible.

The game is usually pretty forgiving, it pitted Felix against my Dancer for one.

1 minute ago, CyberNinja said:

You know, I can't even criticize you for this because I lost my dancer on my first playthrough almost immediately after unlocking the class...

Oh geez.

Also, I don't care about the dancer class in this game anyway. That animation is just too weird.

1 minute ago, Eltoshen said:

I didn't even know it was possible to not win. Don't you get the option to train their dancing once during the monastery exploration? I know that when I did it with Ingrid, she got 5 charm from it. Unless you forgot to do this, which is totally plausible.

I did train for it. I guess I didn't get Lorenz's charm quite high enough.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I don't care about the dancer class in this game anyway. That animation is just too weird.

10 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

Just turn them off, or hit B to skip.

7 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

If you care about animations, don't use gambits then because they look ridiculous in action.

but they're charming in their own way. Ranged ones look good.

Your not the only one that missed getting a dancer. I've seen a few people miss it as well. The common misinformation out there is that 13 charm is good enough to win the dancer contest. You can still fail with 13 charm. I'd recommend 16-18 charm at least.

Dancers are very useful since you can cast magic, dance, and use the dancer combat art. Speaking of which. marieanne is probably the best dancer in the game since her legendary weapon is a sword that deals magic damage and has a combat art effective against calvary and dragons. She can heal, dance, and kill enemies.

Edited by wissenschaft

Don't forget that after choosing your Dancer candidate but before the contest, you can talk to them for a free dance session that adds +5 to their Charm stat.

Dorothea, Mercedes and Marianne are probably the safest picks for Dancer from each house.

Just now, Jave said:

Don't forget that after choosing your Dancer candidate but before the contest, you can talk to them for a free dance session that adds +5 to their Charm stat.

Dorothea, Mercedes and Marianne are probably the safest picks for Dancer from each house.

This really isn't the thread for that. We've gone off topic enough haven't we? OP needs a strategy for the final level.

1 minute ago, CyberNinja said:

This really isn't the thread for that. We've gone off topic enough haven't we? OP needs a strategy for the final level.

True that. But hey, always useful for a second playthrough.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i never got his sword rank to A+ and i've played the game four times.

How thinly are you spreading your training? First two runs of the game I got S and S+. Used brawling third run and got it to S+, doing axe on fourth run and at B+ in Ch7.

Just now, Sid Starkiller said:

How thinly are you spreading your training? First two runs of the game I got S and S+. Used brawling third run and got it to S+, doing axe on fourth run and at B+ in Ch7.

Pretty Easy to get S on both Sword an authority, had time for B rank brawling and C rank everything else. So I'm pretty shocked that most missed this awesome art to be honest.

45 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

On Byleth specifically, i've never gotten A+ or S ranks in his weapon ranks (also what the fuck, S+ rank is a thing?). I do remember Claude and Lysethia reaching S rank on Bows and Reason respectively.

45 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Pretty Easy to get S on both Sword an authority, had time for B rank brawling and C rank everything else. So I'm pretty shocked that most missed this awesome art to be honest.

To be fair, i focus a lot more on magic than i do on swords. Only swords my Byleth ever used were the Sword of the Creator and a Killing Edge but usually, i'd go for magic attacks.