Unintentional Lunatic Mode Situations

Eltoshen

I'm talking about situations like warping your units and triggering enemies or the boss to move.

I know two situations off the top of my head, most famous being protect Marianne in her paralogue if you warp one of your characters near the boss's range on turn 1.

Another situation I just encountered was warping my Wyverns to the top of the map in the Mercedes/Caspar paralogue (both like level 17), which triggered all of the enemies to swarm up top and reinforcements to appear on either side. I actually had to think about positioning for the first time in hard mode. You can obviously Divine Pulse and prevent this from happening but I'm sadistic enough not to.

What other things can you do that make a chapter much harder than it needs to be? Doesn't have to be exactly in the vein of the above situations. (Outside of the obvious like not giving anybody any weapons).

Edited by Eltoshen

35 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

I'm talking about situations like warping your units and triggering enemies or the boss to move.

I know two situations off the top of my head, most famous being protect Marianne in her paralogue if you warp one of your characters near the boss's range on turn 1.

Another situation I just encountered was warping my Wyverns to the top of the map in the Mercedes/Caspar paralogue (both like level 17), which triggered all of the enemies to swarm up top and reinforcements to appear on either side. I actually had to think about positioning for the first time in hard mode. You can obviously Divine Pulse and prevent this from happening but I'm sadistic enough not to.

What other things can you do that make a chapter much harder than it needs to be? Doesn't have to be exactly in the vein of the above situations. (Outside of the obvious like not giving anybody any weapons).

I triggered Death Knight's retreat on turn one of the Golden Deer Fortress siege and had to chase him through the entire fort before even the Almyra cutscene happened. True hell. 

1 hour ago, Sid Starkiller said:

This mostly applies to Chapter 4 on a first playthrough, but fighting the Death Knight unprepared. If you assume he's on the level of the other opponents and take a swing, he can massacre your team if they're not overleveled.

Maybe if you don't pay attention to both the dialogue telling you to avoid him and the pre battle screen lol.

Also I'm about to do that GD DK chapter soon so I'm excited to try that out lol.

28 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

Maybe if you don't pay attention to both the dialogue telling you to avoid him and the pre battle screen lol.

Also I'm about to do that GD DK chapter soon so I'm excited to try that out lol.

That's exactly what I meant, actually. Considering how many complaints I've seen that getting Edelgard's route is too hard (It's not. At all.), I wouldn't put it past people to skip the dialogue and not check his stats.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

No idea what triggered it, but Miklan can activate very early on his map and arrive while you're still dealing the outer layer of enemies. Terrible map.

I would love this to be researched further. Anything to end that shitty map faster, if that's even what happened for you in the end. 

Definitely didn't hit him, though aggroing the archers above is fairly easy to do. However, I know people who have intentionally provoked those archers and nothing weird happened, so it's not the complete picture.

9 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

I triggered Death Knight's retreat on turn one of the Golden Deer Fortress siege and had to chase him through the entire fort before even the Almyra cutscene happened. True hell. 

Just saying, you don't have to chase him actually.

DK is triggered once you kill both archers on the tower. If he fled the battle, winning condition would just switch to clear the map.

After I found out I just let him go, Dark Seal on the second/third last map isn't worth the exp and chests from rest of the map.

And in my first playthrough Miklan start chasing me like turn 4, and two forces met on that top corner with ambushes. I thought this game was going to be very hard because that level. But later playthrough he just sit there until I moved into range.

Edited by Timlugia