What to do with Ignatz

Gamer76252

Ignatz Final Class  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should Ignatz's final class be?

• Assassin
    • Bow Knight
    • Sniper
    • Dancer

I'm massively overthinking what I should do with Ignatz once I get to my Deer playthrough. I'm not sure why I'm overthinking it so much, but I just want opinions on his best end class choice. Thank you for any help you can give.

Edited by Gamer76252

7 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

My Ignatz did pretty good in GD Hard/Classic. Went down as Archer -> Sniper -> Bow Knight. He's actually better than what people think of him.

Yeah I'll be honest, I just for some reason am really terrified of that 35% Str growth, even though I've used Bernie in my Eagles run. Idk why, but I was thinking maybe going to Brigand and then Sniper and Bow Knight. I can get C Axes in my current run and buy the skill levels back as well.

7 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

Yeah I'll be honest, I just for some reason am really terrified of that 35% Str growth, even though I've used Bernie in my Eagles run. Idk why, but I was thinking maybe going to Brigand and then Sniper and Bow Knight. I can get C Axes in my current run and buy the skill levels back as well.

Well Bernie is pretty decent if you bite the bullet and make her a warrior since her speed growth is so high that if you ever actually get her strength decent she'll be a berserk scared murder machine.

7 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Ignatz is better off as a mage. He has crit spells which are inaccurate but his personal skill helps with that. His shaky magic growth is made up for by the crit chance.

So, Mortal Savant, Warlock, or Dancer? Will he Crit consistently enough for it to actually matter?

37 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

So, Mortal Savant, Warlock, or Dancer? Will he Crit consistently enough for it to actually matter?

Warlock is probably best given his lack of blackmagic spells (to double his black magic spells) and blacktombfaire will help boost his damage. Fimbulvetr has 25% crit chance and he has decent dex growth. His crit chance won't be that high but its should be decent. His speed and skill growth are ok at 50%. His skills should give him a nice boost to crit chance. I would suggest leveling his heavy armor so you can get the weight reduction skills. It will help him double.

Overall, Hes not the best mage but hes not the best archer either. I still think he does better as a mage though. 35% str growth is low enough that being STR screwed is a real possibility. As a mage he should be decent. His lower magic growth being off set by crit chance.

You can always make him a dancer but there are better dancers. Including Marieanne who is probably the best dance in the game given her relic weapon and combat arts. That is if you want a dancer who can kill enemy units as well as refresh units.

As for mortal savant.....hes rather squishy but you can use the Levin Sword. But getting him into the class makes it hard to also level Heavy armor up as well. hmm I think he'll do better as a Warlock but I guess Mortal Savant does have more movement. I think you can make it work if you really want the extra movement.

Edited by wissenschaft

I'm the wrong person to ask for this, as he's pretty close to becoming a bow-wielding Wyvern Lord on my run.

In other words, if you're willing to invest time and meals into him, he'll be fine, no matter how you cut it.  IMO Marianne makes the better dancer, because

Spoiler

she gets a cool sword to her name, and Levin Swords are a thing.

If he's going to end up being a physical attacker, make him Brigand to get Death Blow.

If he's going to end up using Magic, make him a Mage to get Fiendish Blow.

Bow Knight will be more flexible while a mastered Sniper would be better for bosses or strong enemies in general.

I made him into a swordmaster and he dodges and crits pretty frequently. His def is not the highest but I have him at the frontlines dodging attacks pretty reliably.

The thing with Ignatz is that he isn’t going to be your best mage/bow knight/sword master or whatever class you decide him to be. But he’s flexible and can perform pretty well in most classes so he’s far from the horrible unit many claims him to be.

His advantage is that he can essentially gets both archer and brigand masteries at once. Make him a brigand, learn death blow, then go sniper. If he has good enough speed, go bow knight, otherwise, stay a sniper and abuse hunter's volley at max range with max accuracy and death blow.

He can also abuse less accurate weapons easier than others, so you could build around that, I don't have any specific idea as to how, though. And indeed, mage works too as the biggest weakness of his main spells are their low accuracy(to compensate for high crit most likely), which doesn't matter for him.

Edited by Cysx

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

His advantage is that he can essentially gets both archer and brigand masteries at once. Make him a brigand, learn death blow, then go sniper. If he has good enough speed, go bow knight, otherwise, stay a sniper and abuse hunter's volley at max range with max accuracy and death blow.

He can also abuse less accurate weapons easier than others, so you could build around that, I don't have any specific idea as to how, though. And indeed, mage works too as the biggest weakness of his main spells are their low accuracy(to compensate for high crit most likely), which doesn't matter for him.

i never even thought of that - making him earn Axes for brigand. which is weird because i do this for ashe when i use him. 

Ignatz is one of those weird, weird. units that he can sort of flit into any role - and can be good at it. My first GD run i think i ignored him because he just got the crappiest level ups, had him keep learning bow, time skip happened, and the boy was just a crit machine and with double hit 20 he was never missing. even if he didn't OHKO the unit, he got it to the point where someone can swoop in and finish him off. 

I tend to go

Fighter-Thief/Mercenary (Vantage)--Assassin-Sniper for the lad (basically for the spd/dex growths). I find like Ingrid - it's fine if they don't have strength, if their speed/dex is great. 

33 minutes ago, Etheus said:

My vote is Dancer if one of the three higher priority dancers (Marianne, Dorothea, Lysithea) aren't going to be dancers. Bow Knight if not dancer.

Huh, I though Marianne, Dorothea and Flayn are the big three. Who's using Lysithea as a dancer anyway?

I picked him up mid blue lions run and turned him into an assassin, he's been solid so far for me, but his lack of defense has me hiding him behind my lines.  Maybe I'm just reckless, but I always played assassins in FE as one hit scout ahead types that can pick off a unit and be out of reach for other enemies.  He's better than Shamir as an assassin though.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

Huh, I though Marianne, Dorothea and Flayn are the big three. Who's using Lysithea as a dancer anyway?

i did lysithea.. waste of dancer. 

Mercedes i think gets ignored a lot  (while she's weak in swords - it doesn't matter because she's deadly with a Magic Bow). 
FLayn makes me nervous because while she has the charm and what not... my dancers tend to be left behind. at least i know Marianne/Mercedes can take a hit and keep on going. i would forever be in mortal fear for Flayn's life.