Special Heroes for 9/6/19!

NoirCore

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

It's actually really well-developed throughout the story, it's just not spelled out for the player.

It’s really not. None of that is even remotely hinted at. Berkut never shows any signs of appreciating Rinea, and saying Rinea admires Berkut for exemplifying Rigelian values contradicts her very Zofian characterisation.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It’s really not. None of that is even remotely hinted at. Berkut never shows any signs of appreciating Rinea, and saying Rinea admires Berkut for exemplifying Rigelian values contradicts her very Zofian characterisation.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't hinted at. 😕 It was obvious to me, especially given character dialogue.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't hinted at. 😕 It was obvious to me, especially given character dialogue.

Why don’t you quote the dialogue then? I’ll pull up some examples in a minute.

Edited by Baldrick

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Why don’t you quote the dialogue then? I’ll pull up some examples in a minute.

Because it's been a while since I played it, I don't remember word-for-word, and while putting my time into writing up a summary is worthwhile, I don't think looking for and pulling up a bunch of dialogue is. Pull up examples if you want, but I don't see the point. I was just trying to explain why some people like the characters, which people were confused about. I was trying to bring clarity for the benefit of those people. That, I see value in. Trying to convert people to a subjective negative opinion, though... It's because I don't see value in it that I don't rant and rave about...my own negative opinions, and convert others to it by trashing their favorites/things they enjoyed just because I have strong, negative feelings about it. I'd begun to rant about certain things I thought were handled poorly, but erased it because stirring up trouble isn't worth people agreeing with my disgruntlement, which is unlikely anyway.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Why is this a moofia game now?

I don’t like when somebody parades their opinion as fact and insults people who have a different opinion. If you’re going to claim it’s obvious and that it’s weird people didn’t come to that conclusion, you should be prepared to support your argument.

Berkut: I have a promise to make you, my dear. I will succeed His Majesty Rudolf and become the next emperor. I shall rule over the Valentian continent as I was meant to. And you shall be my empress. Does this please you?

Rinea: I…do not have words…

Berkut: I wanted to BEAT him, Rinea! To dispatch him and claim the throne! I wanted to make you my empress and hold all Valentia in our palms together! But what of those dreams now…? Even Rigel alone is now forever beyond my grasp. So I’m to live in this Alm’s shadow? Throw myself upon his mercy? I would sooner an honorable death at the executioner’s blade!

Rinea: Berkut! You mustn’t say such things. I never… The truth is, I never wanted to be empress.

Alm: I don’t know. I just said a prayer to someone I love.

Berkut: Bah! Spare me your treacly platitudes

Berkut: Silence, woman! What could you possibly know?!

Berkut’s attitude towards Rinea is not one of affection, but of cold business. If Rinea’s support really helped him to endure the pressure of being emperor, surely he would cling to her when Alm has taken everything else away? When Alm talks about somebody he loves, that would have been the perfect opportunity for Berkut to waver - to demonstrate that despite his lack of kind words for her, he does love her. But it was all for nothing.

weird banner lineup

Is there some "Shy Single" trope going on here with Neph, and her rural uncomfortableness with something as urban as ballroom dancing?

FEH leaving Thracia to wither (even if it has many flat characters) and having too many Seasonals on the whole makes it hard for me to like Reinhardt. So I'm not enthused by his inclusion. Olwen in FEH as a whole is fine though. Let Dagdar have a date with Eyvel like he secretly always wanted instead.

I am torn between Ishtar and Berkut! I want both... will try for the first one of the two, then dip. In order: Berkut > Ishtar > Nephenee > Reinhardt. I am SO happy that Rinea is free! Makes the pain of summoning a bit less torturous...

I am really regretting trying for a second summer Takumi now. Because I didn't even get anything after pushing my pity rate to 4.75%. At least I didn't spend the orbs I have now on the legendary Julia banner.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting all of them, but Rein is priority. That said, I REALLY wouldn't mind if IS remembered that Leif existed and is the actual lord of Thracia. Seriously, game?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there some "Shy Single" trope going on here with Neph, and her rural uncomfortableness with something as urban as ballroom dancing?

Nephenee's entire gimmick is that she's extremely shy around fancy settings, particularly because she's not fond of how much her country accent sticks out.

Okay so the silhouettes were obviously Berkut and Rinea but I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I saw Nephenee was on the banner...I kinda hoped Brom would be the TT reward unit. Oh well. Anyway, Reinhardt and Ishtar look to be the best units on the banner, but Nephenee looks tempting because she's a bow unit and I'm fairly certain the only colorless dancer so far.

Oh fuck right off, Ishtar or Nephenee are supposed to be on the video thumbnail, not Magic is Everything-hardt.

Ah screw it whatever, Nephenee has a Bow and can Dance, which is exactly what I've been saving this Nina book for months for.