Special Heroes for 9/6/19!

NoirCore

So, dancing is everything now? That said, I like Ishtar's and Reinhardt's art here. All we need now is a colorless Reinhardt alt to make a perfectly balanced Reinhardt Emblem team. I'm almost tempted to try and pull for them because they seem strong for refresher units thanks to their brave tomes but I must save orbs for Farfetched Heroes next month.

Edited by NSSKG151

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Okay so the silhouettes were obviously Berkut and Rinea but I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I saw Nephenee was on the banner...I kinda hoped Brom would be the TT reward unit. Oh well. Anyway, Reinhardt and Ishtar look to be the best units on the banner, but Nephenee looks tempting because she's a bow unit and I'm fairly certain the only colorless dancer so far.

PA!Olivia is a thing.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Okay so the silhouettes were obviously Berkut and Rinea but I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I saw Nephenee was on the banner...I kinda hoped Brom would be the TT reward unit. Oh well. Anyway, Reinhardt and Ishtar look to be the best units on the banner, but Nephenee looks tempting because she's a bow unit and I'm fairly certain the only colorless dancer so far.

Dagger Olivia is colorless too, although she's not that great as a unit but her art is pretty cool imo.

Edited by Alexmender

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Dagger Dancing Olivia
Dagger Dancing Xander. 🙂

(sigh). 
I don't have any orbs. (I mean i have orbs but i don't have enough to get Ishtar, Reinhardt and Nephenee. and I VOTED for Nephenee because i hoped she got an alt. Had she been the flying blue Lance dancer it would be all in trouble. Having a Red/Green dancer (that flies) would work so well with my flier emblem composition. (I also like how they are all offensive in nature). 

i'm gonna have to talk it out and see if this is possible. i can't really blindly buy orbs and hope to shake things out from trees

Edited by daisy jane

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

PA!Olivia is a thing.

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Dagger Olivia is colorless too, although she's not that great as a unit but her art is pretty cool imo.

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Dagger Dancing Olivia
Dagger Dancing Xander. 🙂

Yeah, thank you ALL! XD
I totally forgot Olivia and Xander were a thing. I even summoned them, too. Shows how much I actually use them!

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, thank you ALL! XD
I totally forgot Olivia and Xander were a thing. I even summoned them, too. Shows how much I actually use them!

it's okay. 
I have Livvy (she's my favourite character). but i very rarely use her. I need my dancers to be able to hit things and... well she doesn't. (but i love her yay!). 

I am sort of Conflicted with Nephy being a Bow. 
why can't she fly? why doesn't have a lance?
(because the game was giving me a small bone)

The new units look absolutely STUNNING! Also, I'm happy Rinea is a free Unit because I was about to say that she got robbed by Neph BIG TIME! I don't care how much I love Neph...that would've left a bad taste in my mouth.

I must say though...This new Reinhardt scares me. Because One, he's flying. Two, L.Azura.

Crippling fear aside...this banner looks cool...happy that I actually have orbs for it. Not sure who to get besides Neph... :-_-:

Nobody mentioned Leanne? Disappointing.

I’ll do a full circle at least. There are three interesting dancers and B duel infantry for Micaiah.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Is it really a bad thing that Reinhardt is popular?

Sure, he was just a minor character in Thracia, but come on, if he’s popular let people enjoy it.

He basically killed Thracia banners by becoming a meme.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I don’t like when somebody parades their opinion as fact and insults people who have a different opinion. If you’re going to claim it’s obvious and that it’s weird people didn’t come to that conclusion, you should be prepared to support your argument.

Wow, you misunderstood the attitude behind my words. *sigh* 'Course, this happens often...especially over text... =_=; I wasn't saying my opinion was fact. I was presenting the story as I remembered it, giving insight as it was possible that others didn't grasp what I did, especially understanding that some people legitimately have difficulty reading between the lines. Further, I wasn't trying to insult anyone; I was trying to help people. When I said it was obvious, I didn't say it so simply. I said it was obvious to me. That is, it's entirely possible that it wasn't obvious to others. Leaving it at only "it's obvious" would imply that it's something everyone should be able to pick up on, which would be insulting if you didn't pick up on it since the implication would be that the other person's perception/intellect/what have you is below average. But if it's obvious to a specific person, then none of that is implied. I also never said it was weird that others didn't pick up on it. You assumed that that was my attitude, but it wasn't.

Please don't assume intent. It's better to ask before reacting. Like, "Excuse me, but it sounds to me like you're saying your opinion is fact. Was that your intent?" Something like that.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if either the entirety of what I wrote wasn't carefully read and someone throws a "counterargument" in response when I already covered the issue (this has happened before), and/or what I said was yet again misunderstood. (By whomever.) It's things like this that make me want to just not ever say anything, even when it's positive or an attempt at helpfulness, as it can so easily be misconstrued...

Now, as for your quotes and conclusions, (do I dare continue? Honestly, looking at them only strengthens my opinion of my perception...) ... No. It's too likely that I'll be misunderstood again. ... But what if it benefits someone who reads it? *sigh* Okay... So, here's how I take it: the context is really important, for one. Secondly, Berkut's at war with himself. Just because Alm mentions being in love doesn't mean Berkut will waver. On the contrary, it could make him push back harder. When you're in the throes of agony, you don't respond rationally to stimuli. Throughout the story, he made sense to me. Just because he didn't respond in the way that made sense to you doesn't mean that he doesn't make sense at all. Please note that I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone, but sharing it.

Now, onto banner reactions. The designs are nice, for the most part, but Nephenee confuses me. Her inclusion, for one, seems...out of place. Second, she's still wearing that helmet... I am confused. I really like the animations for Reinhardt and Ishtar. The beam is unexpected, which humored me. Also, I'll totally be sniping blue.

1 minute ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

Honestly this banner is really good.

Berkut finally gets to be with Rinea, Nephenee and Ishtar get their first alts, so that's cool. But for some reason, Dancer Reinhardt has me absolutely fucking hysterical. Definitely pulling for him. DANCING IS EVERYTHING

"DANCING IS EVERYTHING"

All Reinhardt is missing is a rose in his mouth and it would've been PERFECT! :XD:

RIP my wallet. I can't help at least putting some money in, with how much I love berkut, rinea, neph and ishtar. 

As for gameplay implications, I'm hoping my PA azura gets a weapon refine now, since, well, you know, power creep.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

He basically killed Thracia banners by becoming a meme.

While I can’t say anything about regular banners, Reinhardt isn’t really stealing anyone’s stop.

With one odd exceptions, the theme of this banners seems to be antagonists Dancer, so wouldn’t Reinhardt be more fitting than any Thracia character?

Organic popularity is the best kind of popularity, I can hardly begrudge the likes of Reinhardt and Nino for it. Far better than trying to promote lord type characters over the others just because of their status ...didn't we just get a new mainline FE game addressing this type of unjust privilege? 😛

Anyway, not going to spend on this banner - might open all the reds and greens on the first circle at best - but will look forward to the flying dancers appearing on future legendary banners. The infantry dancers are meaningless to me, not just because they're infantry dancers but because their skills don't give me anything either - double oof for them.

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Is it really a bad thing that Reinhardt is popular?

Sure, he was just a minor character in Thracia, but come on, if he’s popular let people enjoy it.

From my point of view (don't take it as fact), Rein isn't popular because he's a good character (IMO he's just a slightly more developed Camus in an age of characters not having much characterization) or because he was memorable in any way (admittedly I don't really know how popular he was before Heroes, but as a character in a Japanese FE game that's already most of his potential audience being limited) or because he's a good unit (he was an NPC boss, which now that I think about it a few people were saying that Rinea didn't deserve more than this alt because she was an NPC).
It was because "lol Dire Death Blow Thunder gamez cheeze" in this game specifically. Entire units had to be built because this guy (and Brave Lyn) were so common in Arena.

Edited by Xenomata

I'll be the person that says that while I didn't really know Reinhardt (or any Jugdral character) before Heroes, and while his OP-ness did catch my attention, I wouldn't like him to the point of voting him these past two years if he were "just" an OP unit. I just find that what we know of his characterization is very subtle, but what we do know about him gives a lot of material to work with when it comes to headcanon. Unless a remake comes by to completely contradict it, I can imagine Reinhardt as a character whose motivations and actions make sense, and is to some degree sympathetic even though he's on the wrong side while not making any excuses for him.

Of course, I will agree that I don't think everyone who likes him has thought that much about his character. I just know that I want him. And, you know what, if it's okay for people to actively advocate for seven Camillas, or six Lyns, or what-have-you, I think it's okay if people who like Reinhardt get three versions of him.

Edited by Sunwoo

Not a fan of dancers being made into combat units. Unless they're checks like last years dancers.

Anyways, looks like Rinea's tome might have the same effect as Nephenee's bow meaning she's sort of like NY!Corrin, but a dancer. And that's a good thing.

Really glad she's the free unit. Getting beautiful art for free and a dancer at the same time is nice.

Edited by redlight