Special Heroes for 9/6/19!

NoirCore

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are a lot of things that can make something obvious to a person without making it obvious to others. Experience and expertise are common reasons why something could be obvious to only some people.

Such an experience that makes somebody believe that it’s obvious Berkut loved Rinea must have been pretty traumatic, enough to warp their perception on relationships.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Such an experience that makes somebody believe that it’s obvious Berkut loved Rinea must have been pretty traumatic, enough to warp their perception on relationships.

I'm not sure how you expect me to respond to you since I have never played Echoes and have no idea what their relationship is.

It's possible you have missed subtle details that are obvious to someone else with better literary analysis skills, or it's possible that such details do not exist and are being imagined to exist. I cannot judge which of you is in the right in this case, but whatever the case is, I can definitely say that it was incorrect of you to say that "obvious to one person" implies "obvious to everyone".

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Nym said:

If Rinea doesn't have Blaze Dance, I'll be dissapointed.

And do not forget her other skill slots:
Bolganone
Ardent Sacrifice
Blazing Flame
Fire Boost
Blaze Dance — Firestorm Dance — Fireflood Dance
Inf. Hexblade (because witch)
Múspellflame Fire Boost

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Bolganone
Ardent Sacrifice
Blazing Flame
Fire Boost
Múspellflame Fire Boost

I like it.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Bolganone
Ardent Sacrifice
Blazing Flame
Fire Boost
Múspellflame Fire Boost

If I had another Hubert...I would totally give Rinea Hexblade. *sigh of lament*

Now for the main question: Which Berkut will get the girl? I'll be pulling for D!Berkut as is, but he can't gain from the dance. So...OG!Berkut or F!Berkut?

I'll personally be surprised if Rinea comes with one of the "dance" B-skills because caldera dance is literally the last unique combination. So unless they start doubling up on the dance skills, I won't expect it.

7 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Now for the main question: Which Berkut will get the girl? I'll be pulling for D!Berkut as is, but he can't gain from the dance. So...OG!Berkut or F!Berkut?

DW!Berkut, so he can have two Rineas: one on fire on his back and another one he can Ally Support with. The other two Berkuts can watch with jealousy that will slowly corrupt their hearts.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'll personally be surprised if Rinea comes with one of the "dance" B-skills because caldera dance is literally the last unique combination. So unless they start doubling up on the dance skills, I won't expect it.

Maybe she will introduce tier 4 Dance skills.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure how you expect me to respond to you since I have never played Echoes and have no idea what their relationship is.

I don’t expect you to, if you’ve never played Echoes.

it was incorrect of you to say that "obvious to one person" implies "obvious to everyone".

In the post you quoted, I did acknowledge people perceive things differently. I described it as a warped perception for this specific case.

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

In the post you quoted, I did acknowledge people perceive things differently. I described it as a warped perception for this specific case.

Here's the original post:

15 hours ago, Baldrick said:

“It’s obvious to me” is the same thing as “it’s obvious”, unless you are saying your perception is warped. Which I suppose makes sense, if you truly believe the way Berkut treated Rinea obviously showed his sincere appreciation of her.

You're using a false dichotomy here: "Either (1) this should be obvious to everyone or (2) your perception is warped."

There exist other explanations for how this can be obvious to only some people without requiring their perceptions to be warped. These can include things like more expertise in literary analysis or catching details that other people miss. Again, I do not know the exact details of this particular case, but accusing someone of having "warped perception" is not exactly conducive to having a civil discussion.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

accusing someone of having "warped perception" is not exactly conducive to having a civil discussion.

For full context; she stated her viewpoint was obvious to her because she read the dialogue, and implied I was too stupid to do so. When I asked her to cite what dialogue specifically, she accused me of just wanting to trash people's favourite characters. When I called her out on her insults, she said I was to blame for misinterpreting her. At that point I accused her of having a warped perception. I definitely could have been more civil, but I don't think I was throwing the first punch.

Edited by Baldrick

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Bolganone
Ardent Sacrifice
Blazing Flame
Fire Boost
Múspellflame Fire Boost

Beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

@XRay

Well, it looks like dancers finally are no longer locked to Gen 1 stats.

Spoiler

Reinhardt and Ishtar have 37 base and 250% growths.

Berkut has 43 base and 275% growths.

Nephenee has 40 base and 270% growths.

Rinea has 39 base and 260% growths.

Also, Nephenee

Spoiler

has straight up better stats than Bride Cordelia despite being a dancer.

Bride Cordelia: 36/35/35/19/22

Dancer Nephenee: 37/35/36/24/25

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Dancers/Singers are restricted to Gen I BST.

Accidental vindication is here.

Berkut 161
Nephenee 157
Rinea 152
Reinhardt 145
Ishtar 144

t0jei7flaok31.png

Welp, so much for dancer penalties. These have higher BSTs than gen 1 non-dancers. Bride Cordelia has been powercreeped by a dancer. Yep.

Edited by Humanoid

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@XRay

Well, it looks like dancers finally are no longer locked to Gen 1 stats.

Reveal hidden contents

Reinhardt and Ishtar have 37 base and 250% growths.

Berkut has 43 base and 275% growths.

Nephenee has 40 base and 270% growths.

Rinea has 39 base and 260% growths.

So, what does this bump become at 40? How much higher?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, what does this bump become at 40? How much higher?

Edited into my above post. It's frightening, RIP gen 1 non-dancers.

Comparing to their predecessors.

Berkut has 12 BST over OG Azura and indeed almost directly powercreeps OG Ephraim/Lukas even without his dance.
Rinea has 13 BST over Shigure, but I don't see a directly comparable Gen 1 mage to her 30/33 offensive statline.
Nephenee has 17 (!) BST over Dagger Olivia/Xander, and as observed earlier directly powercreeps Bridelia.
Reinhardt/Ishtar have 5 BST over Bride Ninian/Lazura respectively but are 2 BST behind regular Gen 1 flying mages. They do have very min-maxed stat distributions however.

Edited by Humanoid

So some quick comparisons:

Spoiler

Nephenee has straight up tied or better stats than Bride Cordelia in every stat. Nephenee is +1/+0/+1/+5/+3 compared to Cordelia.

Berkut is basically Lukas with a better Res stat. Berkut has -4/+1/+1/-1/+7 compared to Lukas.

Reinhardt and Ishtar both have 34 Atk. Vanilla Reinhardt has 32 for comparison.

Ishtar has 36 Spd, and her weapon has Amiti's -2 Spd penalty instead of the usual -5.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Raising Dancer BST is just wrong. Powercreepy creepy creep. But at least these units are incapable of getting extra turns, right?

But, with the glimmer of hope that TMS now stands a razor thin chance of being in FEH again, this pleases them greatly. Hee hee hee...😈

Since technically 9 of its 10 characters can sing. And not technically, 8/10 still qualify as refreshers.:

• Yashiro the Sword Infantry Singer (boring yeah I know)
  • Kiria the Blue Tome Infantry Singer
  • Eleonora the, possibly Blue Bow, Infantry Singer
  • Mamori the Axe Armor Singer
  • Tiki the Breath Singer, who might be a Flier given she can levitate a little
  • Tsubasa the Flier Singer with either Lance, Green Tome, or Staff
  • Itsuki should count as a Singer even if he doesn't sing other than that one time when everyone does. Since his Strike A Pose! is the closest thing to an actual FE refresh in TMS. He'd be either a Blue Tome Infantry, or a Sword Infantry likely with a Falchion, so an anti-Dragon Dancer.
  • And now that Maiko looks playable, she should be Singer/Dancer. Because scrapped plans for TMS originally had her being playable with an FE Dancer as her Mirage. And it could very well be she'll be get a Mirage like Phina, Olivia, or Azura. Looks like twin swords so far. Boring, but we'll see.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Didn't IS say something about it being too complicated to include TMS characters? I could swear they deconfirmed it in some way, so I don't know why anyone's getting their hopes up for this. Also, FE Warriors OCs didn't get in either and don't appear to ever be.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Mamori the Axe Armor Singer

I need this.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Didn't IS say something about it being too complicated to include TMS characters? I could swear they deconfirmed it in some way, so I don't know why anyone's getting their hopes up for this. Also, FE Warriors OCs didn't get in either and don't appear to ever be.

Yes, they mentioned that trying to fit in TMS mechanics was too complicated, but at this point, they've made beasts pretty complicated, so it might be worth it for them to revisit their old decisions, especially with the Switch TMS release coming up.

Yes, they mentioned that trying to fit in TMS mechanics was too complicated, but at this point, they've made beasts pretty complicated, so it might be worth it for them to revisit their old decisions, especially with the Switch TMS release coming up.

Yeah, I suppose that's a good point. But as I said, all they did for FE Warriors when it came out was give us special maps to play, so I still don't expect any characters from spinoffs.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Edited into my above post. It's frightening, RIP gen 1 non-dancers.

Hide contents

Comparing to their predecessors.

Berkut has 12 BST over OG Azura and indeed almost directly powercreeps OG Ephraim/Lukas even without his dance.
Rinea has 13 BST over Shigure, but I don't see a directly comparable Gen 1 mage to her 30/33 offensive statline.
Nephenee has 17 (!) BST over Dagger Olivia/Xander, and as observed earlier directly powercreeps Bridelia.
Reinhardt/Ishtar have 5 BST over Bride Ninian/Lazura respectively but are 2 BST behind regular Gen 1 flying mages. They do have very min-maxed stat distributions however.

Spoiler

I  wouldn't say Reinhardt is as min-maxed as Ishtar. They have the same Atk but Ishtar has much more spd , 36 at neutral. 

Personally, colorless and red for me that is.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Raising Dancer BST is just wrong. Powercreepy creepy creep. But at least these units are incapable of getting extra turns, right?

You can just take off their Dance/Sing or give them another assist skill and then boom. Ishtar and Reinhardt have brave tomes and Nephenee also looks promising.

Rinea's artwork is so pretty and graceful. I'm so glad she's finally in the game.

Still, its a bit weird that we've been getting free female units for almost every TT+ in the last year. Not complaining personally, but I'm curious as to why IS is handing more and more free girls. I'm guessing its to attract people to play the game, but that's only conjecture.

Don't particularly care about her stats, other than its shockingly similar to OG Azura. I'm disappointed in her base kit however, and will likely swap out everything.

Dang, Nephenee actually does look pretty dang great. Direct powercreep is direct. And Reinhardt could just get a different Assist skill and boom, he could be a brutal non-dancing unit.

21 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

What I wouldn't give for a dancer Brom

I would give almost any other unit in the game for this.

Gotta love how even when she's dancing and wearing such a nice dress Nephenee refuses to take off her helmet. Pity that, but otherwise there's not much else in this banner that doesn't infuriate me. Berkut and Rinea are basically nonentities, but Reinhardt and Ishtar are just......What was IS thinking? The big bucks obviously, but taking the already extremely effective class of Flying Dancer and giving them Brave tomes on top of incredibly min-maxed stats and great skills? They'd already be incredible units without being able to Dance, so letting them do that too just seems like rubbing their superiority in everyone else's face, including their original selves.

Reinhardt, aside from going green, trades in his horse for a superior wyvern and IS didn't even pretend that anyone would use anything but Death Blow on him, never mind Joint Hone Attack. Ishtar gets what's effectively a magic Amiti on top of Swift Sparrow 3 and Desperation, making her just as much if not more of an offensive powerhouse compared to her infantry version. If anything Dance might be a bad choice for them given it prevents you from being Danced yourself.

To cap off the indignities, seeing Reinhardt get a second alt when the entire game of Genealogy (which I haven't even played) just got its first makes me frustrated beyond words. He shows up in what is probably the least-recognized game in the series post-SoV, and he's neither plot-relevant nor even playable in said game. He's here purely because of how stupidly powerful of a unit he is in Heroes. He takes zero effort to make into a powerhouse, and at this point you could make a triple-Reinhardt team plus dancer and just obliterate anything on the attack. I think the only reason I don't despise him more than I already do is because Julia completely shuts him down.

Anyway, enough ranting. Good luck to anyone who wants to pull here. I'll be taking the free unit and leaving without looking back, not least because L!Julia bankrupted me.