Special Heroes for 9/6/19!

NoirCore

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

A pretty decent banner. I love seeing Ishtar get a new alt. 

There are some notable absences though. 

I think Julius would have been a much better fit than Rheinhard. It would further the ''good girl and bad boy'' theme presented by Berkut and Rhinea. 

Also poor Nephenee is lonely. What I wouldn't give for a dancer Brom

That's exactly what I was thinking Julius was needed in this banner more than reinhardt. A dancer Julius would also be excellent for my Jul-twins team. 

But other than that I like this banner a lot and I will go for either Ishtar or berkut and I will keep this Rinea. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I would have liked to see the uproar if Ishtars and Reinhardts Tome were inheritable! It would have made this banner pretty spicy! 

It would be shocking for sure. It would be great to have inheritable and Refineable Brave tomes and Blade melee Weapons.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

>To be quite frank, what's the point of Ishtar? Not in a "why does she exist, there are many units who do what she does better" way, but she is a combat unit, but also a Dancer?
 Just the fact that she's a dancer means she will be weaker than any other unit in the same role, but don't give her a Brave weapon to make up the difference, cause that just means she'll be unique in the role from then on. She'll be good if her stats are min-maxed to hell and back...

Hopefully that is the case. I am hoping for 31 neutral HP, so even if you get bummed out and get +HP for all 11 copies, the max HP she will get is 40 HP (assuming the Asset is super and she is fully Flowered), so Bolt Traps can immediately get her into Desperation range.

>If this were a normal unit banner, I could see Berkut being the dropped unit with B Dual Infantry being the dropped skill. Just... nothing about him screams "amazing". And why does the first Infantry Lance we get in a long time have to be a Dancer?

His lance is better than Urðr and Skuld. An additional all stat +1 is not that flashy, but I think it is still great.

>I have the sour feeling that they're gonna give Reinhardt as much Attack as they legally can... I mean, they were just one step short of giving him Death Blow 4, but instead opted to introduce Joint Hone Atk with him. Why wouldn't they make him the strongest Flying Green Mage they can?

I hope it is 40 neutral Atk with super Asset. He is the Reinhardt, so he has got to one up Hubert and COL!Julia.

I'm really happy to now have a better alternative to Paizura.

Though it makes me feel weird that a dancer has a kit...made specifically to Desperation-Quad. Not to mention she's a flier. Being that Reinhardt is on the same banner, I'm pretty sure this was a jab at Olwen and how low-tier she is right now. Because you know you're bad when a dancer does better at your job than you...

I'm happy for Nephenee, because she's the first Bow-using dancer. This means she can inherit things like Guard Bow+, Fishie Bow+, and Big-Catch Bow+, gaining a lot of versatility in either offensive or defensive roles while maintaining her utilitarian status.

Reinhardt having Joint Hone Atk makes me happy. And being a Green Flier with a strong offensive presence makes me hopeful that Fliers are getting some love again. Now only if they did that for Cavalry units....

Finally, Rinea. Dear, sweet Rinea...I can't wait to pair you up with Alm and watch Berkut squirm!!! Okay but seriously, Rinea being in this game makes me happy...but I'm going to feel so awkward pairing her with anyone BUT Berkut.

The fact that Rinea and all current copies of Berkut are all blue units didn't skip my attention. Nor did it escape me that Default!Berkut is a free unit, and Rinea will be too once the next Tempest Trials come around.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Further, I wasn't trying to insult anyone; I was trying to help people. When I said it was obvious, I didn't say it so simply. I said it was obvious to me. That is, it's entirely possible that it wasn't obvious to others. Leaving it at only "it's obvious" would imply that it's something everyone should be able to pick up on, which would be insulting if you didn't pick up on it since the implication would be that the other person's perception/intellect/what have you is below average. But if it's obvious to a specific person, then none of that is implied. 

“It’s obvious to me” is the same thing as “it’s obvious”, unless you are saying your perception is warped. Which I suppose makes sense, if you truly believe the way Berkut treated Rinea obviously showed his sincere appreciation of her.

Edited by Baldrick

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

“It’s obvious to me” is the same thing as “it’s obvious”, unless you are saying your perception is warped. Which I suppose makes sense, if you truly believe the way Berkut treated Rinea obviously showed his sincere appreciation of her.

Because people perceive different things in different ways, and some people will pick up on things that others don't, they are not the same thing. What is obvious to one person will not be obvious to another. For example, some people are very good at noticing details in their environment, while others are better at remembering them. Some are better at interpreting details (a form of perception) even if actually gathering/recalling them is difficult for them. Not to mention how some people have extraordinary hearing, for example, while others may be colorblind. What is obvious to one (i.e., "his hair is a cool-tone black as opposed to a warm-tone black") will not always be obvious to others.

Also, to clarify, Berkut's moment of insanity hyper-focused on his despair. He was acting irrationally, as I mentioned before. Even if his feelings towards Rinea were true, in that moment of desperation and confusion, he could have (and I believe, did) seen her as a potential threat. In this case, someone who may be deceiving him. After she was transformed, however, he no longer felt that sense of threat from her, and even comments about having their wedding during/at the start of the boss fight. Because she had been turned into a mindless tool of battle, Berkut was able to focus on what had turned into his one goal: killing Alm. Even then, though, some warped version of his love for Rinea came out in the aforementioned quote.

Short answer: If, say, you get in a fight with someone, does that one moment of harsh words or actions dictate your entire relationship? Does it mean that you never loved someone, just because you had a moment in which your fallibility rose up and hurt that person? We see Berkut in his most desperate psychological state, in his darkest moment, and there are those who don't even look at how he got there, let alone recognize that that moment isn't the entirety of the character nor representative of his entire life. (This is a statement of fact, not meant to be an accusation or anything.) And then, further, condemn this person in his entirety for this one moment.

Yeah, he did something pretty terrible. Broken people often do. And I'm not saying that what led up to it makes it any less terrible. What I am saying is that it wasn't without development or didn't make sense (to those who can see and understand this particular form of perception. I don't fault those who can't see these sorts of things easily, especially since that means their perceptive strengths lie elsewhere, in areas I'm not as perceptive in.) Even in the Forging Bonds event, Fallen Berkut, after the event and after the heat of the moment, struggled with his choices. I know that that's going into the Heroes side of things, and so people may wave that away as meaningless, but it does say something when what I perceived matches up with things written later on by the same company about the same character after the circumstances change for him.

Anyway, in the end, you don't have to listen to anything I say. I putting my thoughts out there for you to do what you will with it, including ignoring it. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything; just presenting things as I see them. You may wonder "to what end, then?" Why does there need to be an end? I guess just so that my thoughts are represented, whether or not you do anything about it. And who knows? Maybe someone will read my thoughts on here and gain some deeper understanding he or she didn't pick up before and feel more fulfilled because of it. Even if no one ever says anything about it, the possibility makes me happy.

If, say, you get in a fight with someone, does that one moment of harsh words or actions dictate your entire relationship?Does it mean that you never loved someone, just because you had a moment in which your fallibility rose up and hurt that person? We see Berkut in his most desperate psychological state, in his darkest moment, and there are those who don't even look at how he got there, let alone recognize that that moment isn't the entirety of the character nor representative of his entire life. (This is a statement of fact, not meant to be an accusation or anything.) And then, further, condemn this person in his entirety for this one moment.

One moment? No. The entire relationship was rotten to begin with. The sacrifice to Duma was the culmination of his cold indifference and her naive adoration. To Berkut, Rinea was nothing but the property of his empire, and a tool for revenge once he lost it. Rinea was completely blind to Berkut's personality, and paid for her ignorance with her soul. The regret he shows as he's dying comes out of nowhere and is not representative of his character. If Heroes has emphasized that single moment, then it's just revisionism to make him more sympathetic.

Anyway, in the end, you don't have to listen to anything I say. I putting my thoughts out there for you to do what you will with it, including ignoring it. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything; just presenting things as I see them.

If you just want to share your opinion, you can do that without implying your view of Berkut is objectively correct based solely on your supposed superior perceptive skills. It doesn't matter whether or not that's your intent, it's the impression you give.

Edited by Baldrick

Dancing banners sit right with me as far as alts go. But I'm not all that stoked about dancing Reinhardt. It's just fan service over actual creative decisions (like Lewyn or Homeros). And if you were going to toss Reinhardt in there, at least give him a horse so we can finally get a horse dancer. As if that would make any less sense than dancing on the back of a Wyvern.

Hyped for the free Mage Dancer that is Rinea.
At first I was afraid of Ishtar when I saw that she was a red Dire Thunder, but then remembered she's a dancer, so it's nice that she'll be forced to attack due to doing 5+ damage on a lot of units.

14 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Peculiar choices for the banner.Nice to see Ishtar and Nephebee on the banner, but another Rein alt with death blow 3? I don't see the dancers display being offensive units with the bst penalty, feels like overextending. 

And it's yet another missed opportunity to include the Blessed Sword in some way (slightly bulky Dancer with auto renewal could be useful for things like Chain Challenge and Tempest Trials). Still baffled they didn't give it to Olwen in her alt and instead made up some completely random original tome that could have been given to anyone.

Rinea kit prediction:

Weapon: Close Guard tome (same as Nephenee's inheritable bow)
Assist: Dance
B: Deluge Dance (Spd/Res)
C: Distant Guard

What I predict her stats will be:
HP/43
Atk/26
Spd/31
Def/14
Res/26

As for the possible TT seals. HP/Def, Triangle Adept and Speed Tactics.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

And it's yet another missed opportunity to include the Blessed Sword in some way (slightly bulky Dancer with auto renewal could be useful for things like Chain Challenge and Tempest Trials). Still baffled they didn't give it to Olwen in her alt and instead made up some completely random original tome that could have been given to anyone.

The reason she did not get the Blessed Blade is that there were already TWO sword units on that banner. It would have been overkill to add another one.

Plus a green tome alt makes some sense for Olwen since this lets her inherit wind tomes and she was able to use Wind magic in Thracia, I think.

But now that we have a third Rein another Olwen alt is on the table. That may finally be her sword version.

Edited by GrandeRampel

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Peculiar choices for the banner.Nice to see Ishtar and Nephebee on the banner, but another Rein alt with death blow 3? I don't see the dancers display being offensive units with the bst penalty, feels like overextending. 

The dancer BST would be mostly offset by the new 4th gen BST that applied to fliers since Sigrun and has also applied to the CYL fliers, so they've timed their arrivals perfectly.

On one hand, Berkut and Rinea gives me life and I love it. On the other hand...ugh, why another Reinhardt alt?! The fact that this minor villain who only appears two fucking times in all of FE5 has three fucking versions now, while the Jugdral lords still don't have a single alt yet, just shows that something is wrong.

I'm gonna try to free summon Berkut so he can go along with Rinea (who I'm glad is free), but other than that, I think I'll skip this banner.

Why the everloving fuck is the localization team now using the þ character? The average English speaker has no fucking clue what the fuck the thing is. (It's a soft "th", as in "thud", for anyone wondering.)

As if it weren't bad enough already that they were using the ð character.

13 hours ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

Berkut finally gets to be with Rinea,

Fallen Berkut is literally part of the same unit as Rinea.

9 hours ago, Baldrick said:

“It’s obvious to me” is the same thing as “it’s obvious”, unless you are saying your perception is warped.

There are a lot of things that can make something obvious to a person without making it obvious to others. Experience and expertise are common reasons why something could be obvious to only some people.

Edited by Ice Dragon

29 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Plus a green tome alt makes some sense for Olwen since this lets her inherit wind tomes and she was able to use Wind magic in Thracia, I think.

She could use Wind, but so could every other magic user who wasn't a High Priest (so, not Saias, Safiya, Schroff, and Tina). And Olwen only had a D Wind rank, which is the lowest possible usable Wind rank, since the basic tome is D instead of E for some reason. And the other two she could get access to are both A ranks, which is impossibly high to achieve for her without massive grinding.

Even though I'll never play this game again, I still want to see Asbel come along. Thracia's dedicated Wind mage not-Ced, balanced with the Thunders of Olwen and Illios, the Lights of Homer and Linoan, and the Fire of Miranda.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Weapon: Close Guard tome (same as Nephenee's inheritable bow)

I am hoping for Distant Guard instead since all Weapons on the Foci have different effects.

53 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The dancer BST would be mostly offset by the new 4th gen BST that applied to fliers since Sigrun and has also applied to the CYL fliers, so they've timed their arrivals perfectly.

Dancers/Singers are restricted to Gen I BST.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fallen Berkut is literally part of the same unit as Rinea.

They are together physically, but they are not together in spirit. Like, if he still had half a reasonable brain, he would have consulted with Flora and Ryoma about how to best set himself on fire and come back as an apparition to be with Rinea physically and spiritually. Right now, he is unreasonable and depressed, and all he can think about doing is to mope around in a forest.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

The reason she did not get the Blessed Blade is that there were already TWO sword units on that banner. It would have been overkill to add another one.

One being Reinhardt, who also could have gotten the Blessed Sword (or just dump the made up tome on him and put the Master Sword on some other Thracia character like Galzus or Shiva). Really, the solution would be to just not have her on that banner at all. We waited like a year and a half for some decent Thracia representation, and it turned out half of it was characters we already had. I don't think she's even that popular a character. Just gets some fame from being adjacent to Reinhardt.

Also, yes she can use Wind magic because any mage can use any anima magic in Thracia, but Wind is her lowest rank. She's a sword thunder girl all the way.

Edited by Jotari

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She could use Wind, but so could every other magic user who wasn't a High Priest (so, not Saias, Safiya, Schroff, and Tina). And Olwen only had a D Wind rank, which is the lowest possible usable Wind rank, since the basic tome is D instead of E for some reason. And the other two she could get access to are both A ranks, which is impossibly high to achieve for her without massive grinding.

Even though I'll never play this game again, I still want to see Asbel come along. Thracia's dedicated Wind mage not-Ced, balanced with the Thunders of Olwen and Illios, the Lights of Homer and Linoan, and the Fire of Miranda.

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

One being Reinhardt, who also could have gotten the Blessed Sword (or just dump the made up tome on him and put the Master Sword on some other Thracia character like Galzus or Shiva). Really, the solution would be to just not have her on that banner at all. We waited like a year and a half for some decent Thracia representation, and it turned out half of it was characters we already had.

Also, yes she can use Wind magic because any mage can use any anima magic in Thracia, but Wind is her lowest rank. She's a sword thunder girl all the way.

We really should have gotten Asvel and Eyvel instead of Olwen and Reinhardt on the World of Thracia banner. I am still mad over it to this day

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why the everloving fuck is the localization team now using the þ character? The average English speaker has no fucking clue what the fuck the thing is. (It's a soft "th", as in "this", for anyone wondering.)

English is not my first language so I might be wrong here, but isn't the "th" in "this" voiced, and thus better represented as a ð? The þ character usually represents the voiceless counterpart to ð, in other words a voiceless "th" like in "thick" or "thing". The reason both appear in the word "Vafþrúðnir" is to differentiate between the two separate "th" sounds that appear in the same word.

But I agree that it's pretty weird of them to even use these characters, especially since every other Fire Emblem game that borrows something from Norse tends to use anglicized spellings (like Nidhogg instead of Níðhöggr). Heroes seems to lift most of its spellings directly from Icelandic, and while it might make some words look pretty cool and "mythical" in a way, it probably causes more confusion than it's worth for most people.

As for the banner, I like the look of it. I really want Nephenee, but I don't have a lot of orbs so I think my best bet is to wait and see if she shares with some good units on a future mythic/legendary banner.

I'm happy to get Rinea for free, and from what I've seen of her art it looks very good.

It's weirdly frustrating how Verðandi gives +4 to all stats while Urðr and Skuld only give +3 though. I would say I hope for a refine to fix this, but then Verðandi would be behind instead. And since two of these weapons are on seasonal units it's never going to happen anyways.

8 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

English is not my first language so I might be wrong here,

That kind of English aint any of our first language either. Though in the case of thorn I kind of wish it were.  Seems like it would be a useful character to have in common place.

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

One moment? No. The entire relationship was rotten to begin with. The sacrifice to Duma was the culmination of his cold indifference and her naive adoration. To Berkut, Rinea was nothing but the property of his empire, and a tool for revenge once he lost it. Rinea was completely blind to Berkut's personality, and paid for her ignorance with her soul. The regret he shows as he's dying comes out of nowhere and is not representative of his character. If Heroes has emphasized that single moment, then it's just revisionism to make him more sympathetic.

If you just want to share your opinion, you can do that without implying your view of Berkut is objectively correct based solely on your supposed superior perceptive skills. It doesn't matter whether or not that's your intent, it's the impression you give.

Uh... I'm the one implying my view of Berkut/Rinea is objectively correct based on my perception? Also, I kept saying that my perceptive skills are superior only in certain ways, and inferior in others, as is true of every person on the planet.

*sigh* Look, this whole time, I've been trying to talk you down gently, but it's like you're determined to be angry. I've given you time and attention, and tried to explain things and reexplain things, but I just don't want to invest any more into it. Plus, this line of conversation is only barely on topic anymore (regarding the thread's intended topic.) Even if I took the time to line out the entire SoV script where Berkut is either mentioned or speaking (which would have to be in the SoV forums anyway), I have a feeling you'd still cling to what you've already decided about him and dismiss anything else as faulty. Just know that I'm not attacking you. The post of mine where I detailed a summary of Berkut and Rinea's relationship wasn't even directed at you, and then you started championing something that wasn't there, accusing me of stating opinion as fact, rather than what I perceived from the original source (which is actually what it was. Heck, I even adjusted it when someone pointed out a detail I'd been shaky on, which is Rinea's social standing.)

I can't and won't try to change your mind about Berkut, and I've done my best to clarify myself. I don't see any further value in this argument, so don't expect me to respond to any more replies. I'm only even writing this now for closure. And though I've been reading your responses out of courtesy to you, please understand that this will be my last contribution to this particular conversation, up to and including reading anything more from you on this subject (since I'd be tempted to continue spending time on it when my time is better spent on more productive pursuits.) Nothing against you or anything; it's just getting to the point where it's draining and not what I'd consider worth the time and energy for me.

So, with that, I'll leave you to your opinion and retain my own.

26 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

English is not my first language so I might be wrong here, but isn't the "th" in "this" voiced,

Yes. Yes, it is. I posted that while still half asleep.

I like the word "thud", so I'll use that as the example instead.

Edited by Ice Dragon