Nintendo Direct 9/4 Wishes and Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

Now that a new Nintendo Direct has been announced, what do you want to see? What do you expect to see?

Personally, I'm hoping for:

Smash Rep 4 announcement

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Curse of the Moon DLC reveal - costumes, story mission details, etc.

Second wave of free DLC characters for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 revealed. I really, really want to play as Winter Soldier and Vision.

As always I'm holding out hope for my Kid Icarus sequel. And not just a Switch remake either. Full sequel, new adventures, new characters and even better puns. 

I'm hoping Nintendo will elaborate on that cheeky Sunshine tweet. Whether its a Sunshine remake or a Delfino dlc/expansion for Odyssey I'd be happy with it. 

Xenoblade Warriors please, or generally news of whatever monolith is working on right now. They’ve been too quiet for too long. 

A persona 5 port or even p4 golden would be nice.

And tell us what the three houses dlc is!

Soraya Saga retweeted the Direct and whenever she does, there's always Xenoblade news. So i'm expecting Xenoblade news.

I'm also hoping we get some news on Rune Factory 4 Special.

Expectations

• Talking about many games we already know coming out in the fall and winter seasons like Luigi's Mansion 3, Daemon X Machina and Link's Awakening.
  • Maybe some new Pokémon Sword and Shield information because I don't think they really talked about that game much compared to Sun/Moon.
  • One brand new game and a remake for an old game that hasn't been announced yet.
  • I could see them trying one last time to convince people to buy Dragon Quest 11 before it comes out later month because they are seriously trying hard to advertise Dragon Quest to people outside Japan (at least here in the United States anyways)

My wants

• Smash Ultimate DLC- Apparently DLC character number 4 has already been leaked (by Nintendo themselves no less) and I want to see if that actually comes true.
  • FE Three Houses DLC- The second wave of DLC for this game is suppose to release by the end of October so I can see them dedicating a minute or two talking about it. I think it is just extra auxiliary maps and bonus items but who knows they might throw something else in there.
  • Mario Maker 2- New update that adds a new game style. Hoping for Super Mario Bros 2 style.
  • Cyber Shadow- I haven't heard Yacht Club talk about this game in a while and I believe it is suppose to come out some time late this year. Nintendo likes to throw indie games into their directs so it could potentially show up here.
  • More information on that Persona Warriors style game (I think it's was called Persona 5 Scramble or something). On a related note and while I am not interested in it information on SMT 5.
  • More collection games from Capcom. At this point I just want a second Ace Attorney compilation (with Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice) and a Megaman Battle Network collection (with online capabilities but that is just a pipedream)
  • New Paper Mario game that plays in the style of the first two or if nothing else a HD remake of The 1000 Year Door would satisfy me.
  • Mario Kart 9 announcement since I feel like a new Mario Kart installment is bound to come in the next year or two. Better yet, just drop the Mario Kart part and rename it Nintendo Kart with characters being from several of Nintendo's properties since Mario Kart 8 was kind of heading in that direction anyways.

So yeah I am really only interested in DLC and updates to games I already have, Mario games plus third party stuff.

SMT V news would be great, but I am starting to think it got canceled.  Bayonetta 3 news would also be nice.  I am not really hoping for much so I can be happy with what I get.

Nah, we'd know if it was cancelled. It was mentioned in an interview in, like May, that it was still in development, but that the team was struggling to work with the switch. As far as I can tell, I think it's just having a lot of technical issues.

I'd be VERY surprised at Persona 5 Switch after the P5S disaster. Not because I think Persona 5 would be difficult to port, but mostly because there's been no indication Atlus is actually looking at the possibility.

I am very interested in whatever Monolith's up to, though. Probably mostly Breath of the Wild 2, they were instrumental in helping nintendo make 1, so I'll bet they'll bring them back for 2. 

Not really looking forward to anything but I do have three things I'd love to see:

- Information about the 3H DLC

- Anything about Monolith soft (guys please say something) or even an announcement for a XB1/XBC port

- Some info about SMTV would be nice too

Expectations:

-LM3 and SWSH news (since they were already) confirmed

-More news on games like Daenon X Machina and Link's Awakening

Wants:

-Banjo gameplay

-Tomato Adventure

-TH DLC

-More Rehydrated news

-Previous Persona games getting ported

-KH HD Remixes getting ported

-Challenger Pack 4 getting teased (hopefully it's Mai Shiranui)

Well, here's some bad news on persona for the switch:

https://jackofallcontrollers.com/2019/08/31/sony-interactive-entertainment-says-persona-exclusivity-is-very-important-to-them/

This article was from 3 days ago.

I mean, this isn't a definite no, but it seems Sony will fight to keep persona off of nintendo. That said, given that nintendo has claimed ownership over mainline smt (they've gotten exclusivity on all of the mainline titles since nocturne, including remakes) we'll see what Atlus decides.

i don't have many hopes, so i doubt i'll be disappointed except for a genealogy remake but that's pure fantasy

after all, i long abandoned every hope for inazuma eleven go galaxy to get a western release

i COULD still be disappointed if they talk for too long about games which imho don't need it

Edited by Yexin

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield info are confirmed, so I already got what I want! 😄

Luigi's Mansion 3 is my biggest game this year! FE: Three Houses would've been if it didn't exist, but yeah. lol SO EXCITED. I'm going to miss the live version because I have to work, but oh well. I can at least watch when I get back from work!

I'd love to see more of the Zelda BotW sequel, but we probably won't get that until next E3.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm hoping Nintendo will elaborate on that cheeky Sunshine tweet. Whether its a Sunshine remake or a Delfino dlc/expansion for Odyssey I'd be happy with it. 

Or it could be nothing but a generic "enjoy your summer" message.

Anyway I'm going for:

• Super Mario Maker 2 updates.
  • Banjo-Kazooie release date and Terry Bogard reveal.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • LoZ: Link's Awakening (especially since both it and LM3 launch pretty soon)

As for wishes:

•  We find out what the hell Retro have been doing between Tropical Freeze launched and the announcement that they'd be making Metroid Prime 4.
  • A first look at Metroid Prime 4.
  • A new Donkey Kong game announced.

40 minutes? I was just kind of expecting a bunch of DLC announcements. I tend to take Nintendo at their word when they specify "games coming out this year" so I'm not anticipating any updates on Animal crossing or BotW2. Still I hope there's a fun announcement. Something Kirby. Something great for the Switch Online service since this is the renew month for anybody who's been paying since day one. An acknowledgement of Bayonetta 3 or SMT 5. Or a project that is obviously a big deal but Nintendo doesn't realize is a big deal like a 2D Metroid or a proper Paper Mario game.

I always want a new WarioWare or Rhythm Paradise game. Hopefully the recent 3DS entries which were basically best-of compilations didn't cross out the option of a completely new entry on Switch anytime soon. Wouldn't mind a cool shadow drop. Since Koei Tecmo handled all the work on Fire Emblem maybe some IS staff were free to make more Pullblox? 

• New Weegee's Mansion 3 trailer
  • New Pokémon
  • Release date for Banjo & Kazooie in Ultimate
  • Three Houses DLC? (probably not the story DLC)
  • Xenoblade something (since Saito retweeted the Direct announcement too, which would suggest something related to 2), probably a Switch port of XC1 or XCX if anything
  • Miscellaneous new stuff/ports/DLC and overviews of stuff we know about

But the only constant is that, whatever they announce, there will still be no Pikmin 4.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Xenoblade something (since Saito retweeted the Direct announcement too, which would suggest something related to 2)

Does Saito retweeting Directs usually mean something as well? Did he retweet the E3 2018 Direct where they revealed Torna ~ The Golden Country?

Edited by Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Does Saito retweeting Directs usually mean something as well? Did he retweet the E3 2018 Direct where they revealed Torna ~ The Golden Country?

I don't remember hearing about it and I don't feel like digging through a year of Saito's twitter history to find out, so I don't think he did (though Saga did of course). Saito isn't a Nintendo employee, so I don't know if that makes a Xenoblade announcement more or less likely.

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Saito isn't a Nintendo employee, so I don't know if that makes a Xenoblade announcement more or less likely.

To be fair, neither is Saga. Then again, not only did she co-create the Xeno series but she's also the wife of Monolith Soft's CEO so it only makes sense that she would know more than anyone else who isn't directly involved in the project (the last time she was directly involved in a Xeno project, it was designing Gorg).

Edit: Looks like Yuichiro Takeda also retweeted the Direct. Now, he's the one retweeted E3 2019 and the only Monolith Soft announcement there was Breath of the Wild so him retweeting on his own doesn't much. But between him, Saito and especially Saga retweeting (because she didn't retweet the E3 2019 Direct), we're definitely gonna get something Xenoblade/Monolith Soft IP-related. 

check back here when this post ages incredibly poorly.

Edited by Armagon

Well I wont be able to watch the direct live, but I'll leave some predictions anyway because it's fun. If more than half of them are wrong I want you guys to PM me gifs and videos of people/characters laughing at me.:kefka:

1. Banjo-Kazooie release date.
  2. Terry Bogard in Smash Bros.
  3. Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC.
  4. A new Retro Studios game(not Metriod Prime 4).
  5. New Xenoblade spin-off or port.
  6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 teaser.
  7. Brand new Mario game.
  8. Brand new Wario game.
  9. Animal Crossing New Horizons teaser.
  10. Deamon X Machina trailer.

Edit: 11. Bowser gets his revenge on Doug Bowser for E3.

Edited by TheGoodHoms
Added prediction.

- Trials of Mana looks good. Definitely getting that one.
- Huh? Tokyo Mirrage coming to the switch? Nice for the people who wanted the game but it's not for me.
- Divinity Original Sin 2 on the store right away?! YES! Please let this CRPG actually be bug free.

So I guess that's it, I'm not really a big Animal Crossing fan so I guess that's it-

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

YEAH BABY!

I WON'T HAVE TO BUY A USED XB WII GAME! FUKIN NICE! XB, HERE WE GO!

Edited by Hekselka