How can I defeat Reptor in Fire Emblem 4 Chapter 5?

Maddie

My attacks only take 20 hp off his 71 hp and Sigurd is maxed out. I can't get tyrring since I don't have enough gold and can't return my other troop to the castle as Ethlyn had the return staff. Is Reptor beatable without tyrring or should I just give up?

No I don't. It's my first playthrough and am playing without a walkthrough so I'm kind of clueless in regards to the special weapons. Plus my only healers mend broke so I can't even slowly take him down since it'd take forever to get back back to the initial castle without return.

Isn't Reptor the 1st gen's very last boss? Man it would suck to get stuck there. 

Oof. Not having Forseti must make the game significantly harder. That weapon is so insane and you won't have it in the 2nd gen either if you didn't get it in the first. 

Yeah no healing left either? Darn. You seem in a bad spot and should probably head back and repair whatever you can. You don't need to repair much anyway since you're almost done with generation 1. You literally basically have one enemy left to beat. 

Edited by Vince777

Most of her characters probably have paired up with someone. It only really takes paying attention to if you want to control who pairs with who.

My second playthrough of Genealogy I purposely killed all mothers so I could do do a nearly only substitute characters run (with the exceptions being Ced and Fee since I hadn't paired Eirynis in my first run by mistake, must have sent her on too many solo flying missions). I didn't want to kill them but they started falling for one another even if I weren't using them so I had to eliminate them. 😞

Can be done, just makes it significantly harder. 

Do you not have Yewfelle/Ichival on Briggid?  She would've gotten it from a conversation with Aideen in Chapter 3.  With that bow, Briggid should easily be able to ORKO Reptor.

Otherwise, I'll give you a list of things you can do to remedy your situation.  First of those being focusing on getting Tyrfing repaired; if you don't have the full repair funds, you'll instead repair a number of uses equal to every 1,000 gold pieces Sigurd has, and there's no way in hell you'll need more than 2 uses of Tyrfing to take down Reptor so you should be fine if you just have, like, 2,000 gold pieces.  Just cross your fingers Reptor doesn't activate Pavise.

38 minutes ago, CelicaLucina said:

@Fire Brand I have been pairing characters and am currently in Gen 2. There were a couple I didn't end up pairing up as I wasn't sure whether just placing two troops together would work (and Finn left after chapter 3 when I wanted to pair him with Raqueisis). 

For future reference, units will passively build up "love points" if a turn is ended with the desired pair next to one another (the build-up will end on turn 50 of any given chapter); if there are two candidates adjacent to one character (e.g. Aideen and Briggid are both adjacent to Jamke), it'll follow this complex, vaguely sexist priority system (I'd just recommend keeping ideal pairs away from other units).  Some characters will also have conversations that boost their love points significantly (e.g. Aideen has convos with Midir, Azel, and Jamke which all boost love points tremendously).

And actually, I would like to hear who ended up actually getting paired in your run.

@Ertrick36 Sigurd x Deidre, Lewyes x Ferry, Azel x Titlyu, Claude x Bridgette, Adean x Dew, Sylvia x (I honestly can't remember but the children aren't the randomised ones). Tried to pair up Ayra and Raqueisis with Lex and Jamke in chapter 5 but it didn't work.

Substitutes aren't randomised. They are set characters that you get if you didn't pair up.

Not pairing Eyrinis/Fury for example will always give you Hawk/Femina instead of Phee/Ced. 

Edited by Vince777