I can't seem to edit my profile?

Anacybele

I tried to edit something on my profile, but after I clicked save and multiple times, I got the captcha thing, went through that, but then I'm taken back to the edit profile screen with nothing changed. 😕 What's going on here?

went through everything on my end, no issues editing your profile and i don't see any restrictions placed on you - it shouldn't be taking you back to the edit profile screen, it should shit you back onto your profile

have you tried another browser/device? does the random captcha when you go to post sometimes eat your posts, or does that go through fine?

I'm having a similar issue trying to edit my signature. Make changes, save, do captcha, then the page reloads and the signature is the same.

I noticed there was a submit button below the captcha input, which seems odd - maybe it's a bug with the captcha?

On 9/5/2019 at 9:59 PM, Integrity said:

Have you tried another browser/device? does the random captcha when you go to post sometimes eat your posts, or does that go through fine?

No, this is not the solution.

Tried three different browsers and none of them let me edit my profile page successfully. 

i'll kick it upstairs, there's periodic captcha issues that affect single digits of users and i have no idea what causes or randomly fixes them, but the big boss might

alright i'm bumping this up since i've had a hack at trying to fix it - if you try to edit a post or your profile or whatever and get the captcha and then get kicked back out without the edit happening, pm me ASAP from the same device with the same connection the edit failed from. i'm trying to collate the failures with devices or ip ranges or something at all. data collection.