What 5 things do you really like to see it get added in to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch version)

Since the Nintendo Direct revealed that Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will be coming to the Switch as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore and this is technically the first Fire Emblem port to an another console. What 5 things do you want to see in the upcoming Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore? I do wanted to see some stuff in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore and I do hopefully don't want to see any stuff to be cut out like what happened to Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers. I wanted to see some stuff to be added in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore such as:

1. Give it an English voice over
  2. Add some Mirage characters other than Shadow Dragon and Awakening characters like Roy, Ike, and Lyn as well put a few Fates, Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and Three Houses character in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore like Warriors have
  3. Add some Paralogue chapters
  4. Maybe more new playable characters that weren't appeared in the Wii U version similar to like Tales of Vesperia (PS3 version) and Persona 5 Royal had that didn't appear in the original game
  5. Third Tier Classes
Edited by King Marth 64

1: More enemies to fight. There felt like very few options here. since it was always the same enemy just upgraded for the most part.

2: More costumes. Well, performers need more outfits, right?

3: Making the battle system more in depth. I think it's fun the way it is, but it's a bit basic, I guess.

4: Make moving on the map a bit quicker. It takes kinda long to get from one end of the map to another.

5: Put more classes in. With different classes means more options, and I like how they're stat focused, like Chrom has an offence based class and a support based one, just expand on that.

1. The ability to swap Itsuki into the sub-cast, this is the biggest problem I have with the game as is. Only 3 battle slots, one always occupied by Itsuki.
  2. Tweaks to tighten the plot a bit.
  3. Tweaks to polish up the characters, particularly the Mirages.
  4. That the new trio of 95% certain-to-be-playable Maiko, Tiki, and Barry have good availability. New playables who barely have any playtime is bad.
  5. At least one substantial new dungeon.

I'm not expecting any major gameplay changes, this is only an enhanced port, not a reimagining or a sequel.

Hard for me to say since i've never actually gotten a chance to play the game but doesn't Persona let you have multiple Personas? Do something like that, that way more Fire Emblem characters are in the game.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. The ability to swap Itsuki into the sub-cast, this is the biggest problem I have with the game as is. Only 3 battle slots, one always occupied by Itsuki

Wouldn't this require a bit of a rework on the battle system? Itsuki can combo with most characters, and a lot of enemies are weak against swords/thunder. It would make some battles hard, for sure. I do agree with this, though, it's a bit annoying, even if he is the main character, in some battles he does slow you down, and you can't help it.

I detest these sorts of RPGs locking the main character into the active party. But yeah you'd have to add a toooonn of additions between party members to compensate the disappearance of Itsuki who normally acts as a link through the average combo string. Anyway, it's been many years but I remember one issue I had with the game

• Put reclassing in the game. As I recall, you get Sacred Stones-styled branched promotions, but if you want to start progressing in the other branch, the move is permanent. The class you didn't pick the first time becomes your permanent one for the endgame. You could get more than two master seals per character in order to switch somebody back,  but it required winning a dumb lottery with a 1% chance.

1. Add mirages that aren't from Awakening, Shadow Dragon, or Mystery of the Emblem. Bonus points if they are from Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel or Tellius. Minus points if they are from Fateslandia, though.
  2. Some plot and worldbuilding changes/additions to elevate it to Persona levels of quality and lore.
  3. New music. Bonus points if any of them are composed by Shoji Meguro.
  4. English voices - just to see how it sounds like. Bonus points if Amanda Winn-Lee voiced Maiko! (Cause then it would be hilarious hearing both VAs voice both of the two hilariously drunk party girls from the SMT/Persona franchise!)
  5. New DLC costumes and easter eggs that are from Catherine or Persona characters. Particularly ones from the Dancing ... Night series.

10 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I detest these sorts of RPGs locking the main character into the active party. But yeah you'd have to add a toooonn of additions between party members to compensate the disappearance of Itsuki who normally acts as a link through the average combo string. Anyway, it's been many years but I remember one issue I had with the game

• Put reclassing in the game. As I recall, you get Sacred Stones-styled branched promotions, but if you want to start progressing in the other branch, the move is permanent. The class you didn't pick the first time becomes your permanent one for the endgame. You could get more than two master seals per character in order to switch somebody back,  but it required winning a dumb lottery with a 1% chance.

Actually IIRC you get 21 Master seals in the game - enough for 3 class changes per character.

1. New paralogues 
  2. Allowing the player to swap out Itsuki (especially if the cast may include Maiko, Barry and Tiki as playable units)
  3. More variety in overworld enemy design (more than just a bunch of red/black Deatheaters floating around) and also in-battle enemies (not just recolors/upgrades of existing ones)
  4. 3rd tier classes, also maybe not having the class system be so linear (1 upgrade leans towards the offensive side which is almost always better, the other leans towards the defensive/supportive side)
  5. More variety in mirages/carnage forms (extending pass Archanaea Saga/Awakening, considering the OG trailer of TMS showed the original artwork of characters outside these 2 casts)

tbh I kinda like the Japanese VA but, I wouldn't mind an English dub

Edited by Lunarly

23 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wouldn't this require a bit of a rework on the battle system? Itsuki can combo with most characters, and a lot of enemies are weak against swords/thunder. It would make some battles hard, for sure. I do agree with this, though, it's a bit annoying, even if he is the main character, in some battles he does slow you down, and you can't help it.

21 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

*Does a look over Sessions Skills, ignoring the 2 everyone has without El-/EX levels.*:

• Itsuki: Sessions off of 6 different attributes
  • Tsubasa- Sessions off of 3 different attributes
  • Touma- Sessions off of 3 different attributes
  • Kiria- Sessions off of 3 different attributes
  • Eleonora- Sessions off of 3 different attributes
  • Mamori- Sessions off of 4 different attributes
  • Yashiro- Sessions off of 4 different attributes

Now I see... 😐

This isn't so bad factoring in the two Session Skills without El-/EX levels everyone has. Itsuki gains nothing new to Session off of from them, but everyone else does. Kiria gets a 4th attribute to Session off of, while everyone else goes up to 5.

There is the issue of having only 6 Session Skill slots until the final Stage Rank 20 is reached. And even then, Tsubasa and Touma must sacrifice an El-/EX to make room for increasing Sessioning diversity. Giving up one or two El-/EXs for a weaker skill does potentially hurt damage output, and it will affect what Sessions are possible.

• On the surface though, trading Sword-Lunge EX for Wind-Wind on Tsubasa as example can be pretty reasonable. If Tsubasa is Sessioning off a Focused Blade from Itsuki, then you can't expect Sword-Lunge EX to deal that much damage, since the enemy very likely has Lance resistance due to using an Axe. Wind-Wind on the other hand if it Sessions off of a Zandyne from Kiria, will hit for extra damage.
  • Yet, what of later parts of a Session sequence? What if getting rid of Lance-Lunge EX stops Yashiro from then following Tsubasa's Session off Focused Blade with a weakness-hitting Lance-Slash EX? This can't be predicted so easily.

The Power of El-/EXs is more than double that of their basic versions. However, from what I understand of SMTIV's mechanics concerning Skill Power, then that isn't too significant if the exact same mechanics apply to TMS. If Touma trades Sword-Lunge EX for Axe-Blaze and neither hits resistance or weakness, then Touma is hitting for only 37 less damage at any level with any Str stat.

Is 37 damage that significant? I don't think so at all. But I forget enemy HP values and normal damage outputs. Though, if everyone loss the same small loss in aiming for Session diversity, that would be about 200 damage you'd be missing out on. I doubt the situation would be so though bad though, provided that Session Skill diversity made for parts of the Session to hit weaknesses when it couldn't prior.

Yet in the end, this wouldn't make the game felt to be any harder or easier if you went for Session Skill diversity or power. It seems very minor.

-Though returning to the original point with Itsuki, he is the only one with an El-/EX Axe- Session Skill. That I recall was a problem since I didn't have Axe-Blaze/Axe-Lunge on Touma/Tsubasa, it shut down Mamori's offense a few times in normal battles when the enemy nulled/reflected/absorbed Itsuki's Elthunder or whatever would have followed it.

Given Barry is going to be Axing it up, I'd hope Tiki or Maiko would have stronger Axe- Session Skills.

And, a solution to being able to remove Itsuki, would be adding a Radiant Skill that lets Itsuki Session before the members in the active cast do. From what I recall, Sessions always have to start with somebody not in the sub-cast, though I forget if the third active person also has to Session before the sub-cast does.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I wouldn't say it matters for the damage as much as for the extra special gauge you gain from sessions. Also, I don't think it's really a "bad" thing, just that some people like more freedom in who they use, I think.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, a solution to being able to remove Itsuki, would be adding a Radiant Skill that lets Itsuki Session before the members in the active cast do. From what I recall, Sessions always have to start with somebody not in the sub-cast, though I forget if the third active person also has to Session before the sub-cast does.

This would be a good fix as well. I think giving the others a little more versatility would help.

• 1 month later...
  1. Maiko and Barry to be playable.
  2. With their own unique mirages and classes. Barry could have Barst or Vaike with his promotions being Warrior and War Monk for example.
  3. More mirage boss fights with characters from Archanea and Ylisse.
  4. Have some of those Mirages be Camus or Hardin, as well as Walhart from Ylisse.

Well, if I can't have the original script. . .

1. Make the Actual Prison Squad, instead of subbing in Linde and Gordin.
2. Why do I need to buy posters again?
3. Sometimes, I want to be left alone in a dungeon.  So a really rare item that wards off everything would be nice.
4. I nominate Lissa for Barry's mirage, just for the sheer hilarity of it.
5. Maybe a couple more side stories that introduce other characters within the series (perhaps one where Cherche chews out Virion's mirage or something).

• 2 months later...

Non exclusive weapons. Let the lance users share lances and the sword units share swords. And let characters equip more than one weapon type (and for crying out loud give us an axe user before the halfway point). A second mirage for every character would be bichin too. Also the pragonist absolutely should be allowed to switch out in battle. Forcing him to always be present rest upsets the threat of some elements

Not that any of those changes would really entice me to actually buy the game again. I've already played it once.

On 9/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, lightcosmo said:

It wouldn't make any battles harder at all. As you'd still be fully capable of having him participate in every single battle if you so choose.

Edited by Jotari