Farfetched Heroes 2019 Speculations

NSSKG151

It might still be too early to talk about this but now that the hype for the newest CYL Brave Heroes is starting to quiet down I wanted to start speculating for who might be on this year's Farfetched Heroes banner since personally I always get more excited for the Farfetched Heroes than I do the CYL winners. Ignoring the upcoming dancing banner there are just two or three banners left (1 or 2 New Heroes banners and the Halloween Seasonal) before we get Farfetched Heroes. Last year Brave Redux came out late October and I expect Farfetched 3.0 will come out roughly around the same time this year too. As for potential candidates here are the top 8 characters for both genders that we could see this time around and I also included where they ranked for CYL3.

Males: Bruno??? (14), Lif??? (16), Conrad (84), Nils (85), Shinon (86), Rath (90), Cormag (92), Python (100)

Females: Awakening Anna (5), Louise??? (23), Thrasir (35), Jill (52), Rinea??? (56), Severa (58), Rinkah (65), Fates Anna (66)

At first glance it seems like our Farfetched Heroes are going to be Awakening Anna, Bruno, Lif and Louise but honestly I don't think that is how it is going to go down. I think Lif is going to be excluded and is going to show up on a different New Heroes banner with Thrasir once Book 3 is finished (which might now even be done when Farfetched 3.0 comes out) in a similar vein to how the Book 2 OCs got their own banners last year. I also think Bruno and Louise (and Rinea) are not going to be on Farfected 3.0 since they are technically already playable in Heroes albeit as seasonal alts. Anna is the only one of these four that I believe will make the cut since like Owain she is technically from a different game than the Anna we already have plus she was a separate voting option for CYL which is what I believe IS looks for when choosing candidates for Farfetched banners.

So after making those cuts here is what I believe Farfetched 3.0 will end up looking like.

Banner: Awakening Anna (Sword), Jill (Axe), Conrad (Lance)

TT/GHB: Nils (Dragon)

Other possibilities are...

Jill, Severa, Conrad, Nils (Anna is saved for a later banner, Seasonals don't count)

A!Anna, Severa, Conrad, Nils (Jill is saved for a later banner, Seasonals don't count)

A!Anna, Louise, Bruno, Conrad (Seasonals count)

Louise, Bruno, Jill, Conrad (Anna is saved for a later banner, Seasonals count)

Personally I think it would be funny if they would just skip over Jill, Severa and Rinkah and put Fates Anna in just so we get two Anna alts at once but in all honesty this looks like the best scenario since every unit on the banner will be a different color and four different games get covered (Awakening, Tellius, Echoes and Blazing Sword).

Again, I think we are getting Anna, Jill, Conrad and Nils this year for Farfetched Heroes but who knows. For all we know they might pull a Loki and put Bruno/Lif/Thrasir on the banner anyways or Anna might get excluded and they put Severa on the banner instead or one of these units might show up on the Halloween Seasonal which I believe would end up making them miss out on Farfetched Heroes.

What are all your wants/predictions/theories for who might be on this year's Farfetched Heroes banner?

Edited by NSSKG151

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am - slightly - miffed that we lost two regular Heroes banners to special Heroes banners PRECISELY because Rath was so close to possibly making it into Farfetched. Excluding Bruno and Lif, who are in the air, if we had a Shinon-appropriate Tellius banner ... or heck, a Blazing Sword banner to just introduce both Rath and Nils along with Louise and Pent ... that would've been great. But nope.

Thanks hot springs and picnic. Because this was soooooo necessary.

So, assuming that Bruno and Lif are being withheld for later, I'm going to assume Conrad and Nils for our picks. But if Bruno does somehow make it onto the banner, then him instead of Nils. Lif just ... well, I can't see him being on farfetched when book 3 is SO CLOSE to being done and he was always planned to be on that.

The women's section looks like an absolute clusterfuck. I don't know how they're going to count Anna.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I will never cease to be disgusted at those who vote for OCs. Frankly, the OCs shouldn't even be eligible.

Yeah I think we've gotten many OC alternates recently because of CYL results.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I am - slightly - miffed that we lost two regular Heroes banners to special Heroes banners PRECISELY because Rath was so close to possibly making it into Farfetched. Excluding Bruno and Lif, who are in the air, if we had a Shinon-appropriate Tellius banner ... or heck, a Blazing Sword banner to just introduce both Rath and Nils along with Louise and Pent ... that would've been great. But nope.

Thanks hot springs and picnic. Because this was soooooo necessary.

So, assuming that Bruno and Lif are being withheld for later, I'm going to assume Conrad and Nils for our picks. But if Bruno does somehow make it onto the banner, then him instead of Nils. Lif just ... well, I can't see him being on farfetched when book 3 is SO CLOSE to being done and he was always planned to be on that.

The women's section looks like an absolute clusterfuck. I don't know how they're going to count Anna.

Oh trust me, I'm very annoyed by this two. The fact that we lost two potential New Heroes banners for a Hot Spring seasonal and a Picnic seasonal really annoys me, since it makes the release rate of actual new characters much slower. I really hope IS goes back to their previous schedule next year.

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Oh trust me, I'm very annoyed by this two. The fact that we lost two potential New Heroes banners for a Hot Spring seasonal and a Picnic seasonal really annoys me, since it makes the release rate of actual new characters much slower. I really hope IS goes back to their previous schedule next year.

Shinon and Jill could've been on a banner together. Totally. Haar could've also been a banner unit instead of a mediocre TT reward if they'd just run a PoR banner with Shinon, Jill, Haar, and someone else popular from PoR.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Shinon and Jill could've been on a banner together. Totally. Haar could've also been a banner unit instead of a mediocre TT reward if they'd just run a PoR banner with Shinon, Jill, Haar, and someone else popular from PoR.

I am still mad that they added Haar without Jill. I felt really gutted from that honestly, cuz Jill is my most wanted character for Heroes besides Patty. I really hope she's on the Farfetched banner, cuz I really don't want to have to put up with this game for another year just to see her added X(

I think we'll see Bruno, whose relevance to the plot has faded out of existence, but not Lif, who will surely be added later anyway like Laeva/Laegj/Helbindi when the time is right. Louise appearing on a Bridal banner isn't enough to exclude her, either, I feel. So that leaves Bruno / Conrad and Anna / Louise, maybe Nils if they rule out Bruno.

Fuck, I had no idea how close Shinon was. He's getting my seven votes next time...

I've made several predictions already this year and I keep forgetting what they are, ha.

Seeing who the top contenders are this year, my first instinct is to assume that Bruno, Conrad, Awakening Anna, and Louise will be this year's Farfetched batch. But somehow I feel like Nils is gonna sneak in, either from them excluding Bruno or from Conrad being added in an upcoming New Heroes banner. I'm also really unsure about how the seasonal outfits for Bruno, Louise, and Rinea will effect this. If those rule them out, then I guess the banner would be Conrad, Nils, Awakening Anna, and Jill.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I will never cease to be disgusted at those who vote for OCs. Frankly, the OCs shouldn't even be eligible.

Players can vote for whoever they want. No need to put others down like that.

I think we'll get the banner in November.

If we didn't get Veronica then I don't think we'll get Bruno.

If Owain got in even tho Odin then Louise can get in.

If a banner with Louise and Nils shows up then it'll be: Conrad, Shinon, AwaAnna and Jill.

If a banner with Jill and Shinon shows up then: Conrad, Nils, AwaAnna and Louise.

If a banner with Conrad shows up then: Nils, Shinon, Louise and AwaAnna.

If a banner with AwaAnna shows up then: Conrad, Nils, Louise and Jill.

If they're still unreleased then: Conrad, Nils, AwaAnna and Louise.

Edited by redlight

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

But somehow I feel like Nils is gonna sneak in, either from them excluding Bruno or from Conrad being added in an upcoming New Heroes banner. 

If we have a four person banner to match the trend this year, I think they’ll avoid colour sharing, and Nils has the advantage of working in any colour. Though they’d be relying on other characters being added before Farfetched, the same applies for Shinon, and possibly Severa if they go the Petra route.

30 minutes ago, redlight said:

If Owain got in even tho Odin then Louise can get in.

Owain and Odin still have two separate slots in CYL.

I wouldn't count Bruno out, it doesn't seem they have other big plans for him. It would be interesting if he'd get new artwork for such a banner. 

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Strange, why would you say that?

I think there are a lot of players who played heroes as their first FE game and they (including me) are certainly more numerous than for example Tharcia players. 

I always wished for heroes to have a better story. No playable characters means also people care even less for the story, so that's not going to happen. 

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

We've ditched away the 3-characters banners.

Please don't bring them back. 

Not sure what you mean by that. Farfetched banners has always been three units on a banner with the fourth unit being the freebie. Besides, three unit banners give you slightly better odds of getting the unit you want.

Three characters on a banner are better if you only have one obsession and worse if you want them all. As sniping is torture and full-pulling is maximum endorphins, I'm in the latter camp in 98% of cases.

I don't think it's a given there'll only be three on the banner this time - take Sigrun showing up on the TT in addition to the CYL3 banner. It's not a perfect analogy - obviously they were never gonna make one of the CYLs a grail unit - but it's some kind of precedent for some random rocking up as the TT/GHB unit.

Edited by Parrhesia

Except this is a Farfetched Heroes banner, not the CYL banner. Of course the CYL banner is always a four person banner but for the first two years Farfetched Heroes has been a three unit banner. Farfetched 1 had Mia, Lute and Dorcas with Joshua being a Tempest Trial unit. Farfetched 2 was Loki, Owain and Kliff with Aversa being a GHB unit. Of course there is nothing stopping them from making Farfetched 3 a four person banner and making the TT/GHB unit a completely random unit but I don't know...that just seems unlikely to happen in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

I have not wished for so many Nifl/Muspell Alts. I just want the regular versions in, hence why i voted for Bruno. I also didnt care for Spring Bruno.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Except this is a Farfetched Heroes banner, not the CYL banner. Of course the CYL banner is always a four person banner but for the first two years Farfetched Heroes has been a three unit banner. Farfetched 1 had Mia, Lute and Dorcas with Joshua being a Tempest Trial unit. Farfetched 2 was Loki, Owain and Kliff with Aversa being a GHB unit. Of course there is nothing stopping them from making Farfetched 3 a four person banner and making the TT/GHB unit a completely random unit but I don't know...that just seems unlikely to happen in my opinion.

sweetheart.

i'm aware.

Which is exactly why i gave that disclaimer. There will be a GHB (or, very unlikely, TT) accompaniment; some random guy, or the next-most popular unit, could well show up there. With FEH moving away from three-unit banners, there is a way out. I wouldn't put money on it either way.

Edited by Parrhesia

Oh wow, I didn't realize Nils was so likely to get in! =D I always liked him better than his sister. I hope he gets in as a refresher unit, and that he gets to play his flute with his little dance! So cute! I think he'd make a good grails unit. Kind of fits, imo, with how rare it was that you actually got to field him in 7.

39 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh wow, I didn't realize Nils was so likely to get in! =D I always liked him better than his sister. I hope he gets in as a refresher unit, and that he gets to play his flute with his little dance! So cute! I think he'd make a good grails unit. Kind of fits, imo, with how rare it was that you actually got to field him in 7.

Well he is the most important Blazing character that hadn't yet made it into the game. If there's a Blazing banner he might just get in by virtue of any other relevant non villain character already being present. Going from choose your legend he might also be quite popular though its possible he also got points pricecely because he's both important and absent. 

It would be nice if they somehow arranged Nils to get some screentime with either Roy or the twins. Its only barely not canon that he's Roy's uncle and he does have some connection to Lucius. 

That would depend on the OC. There's reason aplenty to vote for someone like Alfonse. He's grown up from a benchboy to having some slight tactical traits in book II or being the focus of book III. But when it comes to Lif I think both his presence on the banner and the fact that people voted for him were done in the name of a big joke. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor