Farfetched Heroes 2019 Speculations

NSSKG151

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

I have not wished for so many Nifl/Muspell Alts. I just want the regular versions in, hence why i voted for Bruno. I also didnt care for Spring Bruno.

Okay. Let me rephrase that. I get book 1 OCs. It's been a long time coming, and neither of them have been made playable in default form. And these OCs actually had character arcs.

Book 2 and 3 OCs are an inevitability though. They are going to be added at the end of their book. And they suck! Book 2 was an abject dumpster fire, and Book 3 has only been marginally better.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how normal people would express those sentiments would be; "I don't really see the appeal of the OCs, so I'm not sure why they poll so well." Which still isn't a terribly necessary point to make here, but at least it doesn't mean you come across like a bitter grognard.

8 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

So, how normal people would express those sentiments would be; "I don't really see the appeal of the OCs, so I'm not sure why they poll so well." Which still isn't a terribly necessary point to make here, but at least it doesn't mean you come across like a bitter grognard.

I don't recall asking for an etiquette lesson for a post that was directed at no one in particular, thank you. 

My feelings on the subject are harsh, and I reserve the right to express them harshly, and as long as I am avoiding personal attacks, I see no problem with that.

Edited by Etheus

Now I want a bitter grognard character type banner. 

I wonder if free Ninian gives any implications for a banner with Nils. Probably not, but I wouldn't mind a banner with him. Also one of the Annas and/or Python could be fun (speaking of bitter grognards). 

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't recall asking for an etiquette lesson for a post that was directed at no one in particular, thank you. 

Well, you wrote earlier you were disgusted by a particular group of CYL voters.  

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

My feelings on the subject are harsh, and I reserve the right to express them harshly, and as long as I am avoiding personal attacks, I see no problem with that.

Your opinions on how a forum should or should not be run don't matter, sweetie. Mine do. Take the hint and drop it.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Now I want a bitter grognard character type banner. 

Hard same. Feel like there's a fair few in 6 one could use - Barth, Marcus, Astore, maybe Garrett?

Edited by Parrhesia

4 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

Hard same. Feel like there's a fair few in 6 one could use - Barth, Marcus, Astore, maybe Garrett?

I don't know the others and Marcus I only know from FE7, where he doesn't sound very bitter (as far as I remember the first half of the game).

Python on the other hand:

Spoiler

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Python

"Look, I'm not like other folks. I don't like chasing wildly after some dream. Dream's don't fill the belly, and they sure don't pay for life's other comforts. So you know what? I'm happier without 'em."

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Okay. Let me rephrase that. I get book 1 OCs. It's been a long time coming, and neither of them have been made playable in default form. And these OCs actually had character arcs.

Book 2 and 3 OCs are an inevitability though. They are going to be added at the end of their book. And they suck! Book 2 was an abject dumpster fire, and Book 3 has only been marginally better.

I like the OC chars from a design point. The book 2 Ocs were fine too in my eyes ecxept for Surtr and Laevetinn.

Book3 i only dig Eir so far the design of the others is too edgy for my taste

I have only played the GBA and DS FEs so forme chars from other games then those are not so apesling then OCs

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I like the OC chars from a design point. The book 2 Ocs were fine too in my eyes ecxept for Surtr and Laevetinn.

Book3 i only dig Eir so far the design of the others is too edgy for my taste

I have only played the GBA and DS FEs so forme chars from other games then those are not so apesling then OCs

I suppose from my standpoint, Laegjarn is the only ... "good" Book 2 OC, and that's because she's the only one who actually looks like she would fit in a Fire Emblem game. The worst offender is Surtr, who looks more like a Megaman X character than a Fire Emblem one. All of them, however, are underdeveloped.

Book 3 is almost acceptable. Eir's design is great and she has the potential to be fleshed out. The villain designs are almost good, but the gelatin/ectoplasm and exposed bones in their design ruin them.

Book 1 is the height. Bruno was starting a character arc and setting up mysteries. Veronica was a great villain and was starting an arc set up by actual FE characters (Xander and Seth). And then they just abandoned all of this to pursue Norse fanfiction and I can't even...

When making an original character, it's important that they fit into the universe they are supposedly from, and Heroes has had... mixed results.

Edited by Etheus

Just now, Etheus said:

I suppose from my standpoint, Laegjarn is the only ... "good" Book 2 OC, and that's because she's the only one who actually looks like she would fit in a Fire Emblem game. The worst offender is Surtr, who looks more like a Megaman X character than a Fire Emblem one. All of them, however, are underdeveloped.

Book 3 is almost acceptable. Eir's design is great and she has the potential to be fleshed out. The villain designs are almost good, but the gelatin/ectoplasm and exposed bones in their design ruin them.

When making an original character, it's important that they fit into the universe they are supposedly from, and Heroes has had... mixed results.

What about mah boi Helbindi? He's the only good Book 2 oc besides Laegjarn

I think Jill is a given since Haar's "Meet the Heroes" profile mentioned her.

want to hope for Rinea, but I think Louise or Anna are more likely.

I deadass forgot Conrad existed tbh.

I'd love to see Nils!

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Not sure what you mean by that. Farfetched banners has always been three units on a banner with the fourth unit being the freebie. Besides, three unit banners give you slightly better odds of getting the unit you want.

It also was during a time where 3-characters banners had been made the norm. I am hoping for 4 to be released plus an extra one this year.

Many players, me included, would rather they release more characters than have greater sniping odds. 

I see zero reason to expect Bruno or Lif to appear on a Farfetched Heroes banner. I maintain the position that I think both of them are already planned to be released only when their character arcs conclude. I predict Conrad and Nils.

Anna is basically a coin flip for whether or not she will be skipped. Similar with Louise and Rinea, though I predict them to be less likely to be skipped than Anna, and if one of these two is skipped, so will the other. Thrasir is in the same boat as Lif. This means the possible options are

• Anna and Louise (Anna, Louise, and Rinea not skipped)
  • Anna and Jill (Louise and Rinea skipped, but not Anna)
  • Louise and Jill (Anna skipped, but not Louise or Rinea)
  • Jill and Severa (Anna, Louise, and Rinea all skipped)

On the off chance that Jill is added on a banner before Farfetched Heroes arrives, you get

• Anna and Severa (Louise and Rinea skipped, but not Anna)
  • Louise and Severa (Anna skipped, but not Louise or Rinea)
  • Severa and Rinkah (Anna, Louise, and Rinea skipped)

7 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

Three characters on a banner are better if you only have one obsession and worse if you want them all. As sniping is torture and full-pulling is maximum endorphins, I'm in the latter camp in 98% of cases.

Three characters on a banner is mathematically better in both cases.

"Sniping for 1 character" and "sniping for every character on the banner" behave the same mathematically, meaning the higher sniping rates on a banner with fewer characters makes getting all characters on a 3-character banner costs less than getting all characters on a 4-character banner per character.

If on average it costs 1,000 orbs to pull all 4 characters from a 4-character banner (~250 orbs per character), then it costs on average about 550 orbs to pull all 3 characters from a 3-character banner (~200 orbs per character) and on average about 250 orbs to pull both characters from a 2-character banner (~150 orbs per character).

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see zero reason to expect Bruno or Lif to appear on a Farfetched Heroes banner. I maintain the position that I think both of them are already planned to be released only when their character arcs conclude. I predict Conrad and Nils.

I think we can say Brunos character Arc doesnt exist anymore, it has been MIA since 1.5 years, so i believe firmly that he will appear in Farfetched heroes. At least i hope so, been waiting to long for him.

Heroes' issue with the OCs and storytelling is the fact that the game is built on the premise of "Heroes" and FE characters from previous games.

If Heroes doesn't want to put in a huge amount of effort into storytelling and whatnot, they have one of two choices:
1. A crappy (or at the very least, not good) story that focuses primarily on the already existing FE characters to some degree. Go back to simple, book 1 stuff with contracts and whatnot and give more attention to each individual Hero that they're letting us summon.
2. Focus entirely on this new storyline that they want to do with the OCs, and ignore the summonable preexisting FE characters entirely. The flow of the story is broken up badly whenever random FE character chimes in to say one line, and the rest of the chapter is supposed to be story.

One of the main issues of Heroes's story right now is that they can't give OCs and the actual preexisting characters equal attention at the same time. Book 1 went with the preexisting characters for the most part with a boring story, book 2 and book 3 are trying to phase out preexisting characters to build a storyline with their OCs. But the issue with this is that their OCs and story aren't really good, because of the gacha format.

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But the issue with this is that their OCs and story aren't really good, because of the gacha format.

I do not think gacha games and good storytelling are mutually exclusive. From what I hear, FGO has a decent story.

And if we are comparing Heroes to the main series, Heroes has done a pretty decent job. I do not see how Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates are significantly better than Heroes storywise. They are longer and we have more time to develop an attachment the characters, but other than that, the main series is no different from Heroes in terms of dialogue, battle, dialogue, battle, etc. and characters had their parents and especially dads die, kill bad guys, get married, etc. I feel Shadows of Valentia is the best storywise, but I think I might also be biased for that game due to the voice acting and high production values, so I cannot really say for sure Shadows of Valentia is that much better written either.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I think we can say Brunos character Arc doesnt exist anymore, it has been MIA since 1.5 years, so i believe firmly that he will appear in Farfetched heroes. At least i hope so, been waiting to long for him.

Things don't just stop existing when they go on hiatus. An incomplete character arc is simply incomplete.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

But the issue with this is that their OCs and story aren't really good, because of the gacha format.

The quality of a story has literally nothing to do with its means of monetization. A book distributed for free has the same quality of story as the same book if it were sold for millions at auction (you'd just probably have lower expectations of the book if it were distributed for free).

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think gacha games and good storytelling are mutually exclusive. From what I hear, FGO has a decent story.

Even though I haven't played too much of it, Magia Record has a pretty good story.

If people want to talk about the quality of Heroes' story which has been exactly the solid don't-think-about-it-too-hard 7/10 it's needed to be since the 2018 Valentine's banner except for Surtr and Loki who are the Absolute Fucking Pits make a thread or take it to the General thread.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

My guess is Nils, Shinon, Awakening Anna and Severa, Rinkah if they want to pull from all different games. But since we had Aversa and Owain in the same year...they may do Anna and Severa. Similarly, they could do Nils and Rayh instead of Shinon.

Jill is higher than Severa, so she gets priority over her if she isn't already added by then

I'm happy to see all these people's favorites being added...partially because then it means less popular/well-known characters have a better chance of getting more votes for the next CYL! I'll continue to do what I've been doing the last couple years and throw as many votes as possible at Elena. I can't wait for the family (Ike, Mist, Griel, and Elena - talking blood family right now, though I know the entire mercenary company is a family of sorts) to be complete! If she gets in someday, I'll shift my votes, but she's the top priority for me right now.

At this point I just want Severa. I don’t care how she gets in I just want her to get in. Two years and we get nothing but a refine like come on IS please! You’re killing me here!  

I sorta want Nils and Shinon to represent the guys if only to see the potential interactions in a Forging Bonds event between the guy who is racist against laguz and the boy who's pretty much dragon laguz-adjacent by being a manakete. 😛