Farfetched Heroes 2019 Speculations

NSSKG151

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Bruno's case, if he becomes a summonable unit, he needs a update on his weapon or needs a refinement available right away, beause Vantage 2 is so outdated, especially now that Phina came with a double effective, Spd+3 and Vantage 3 sword.

The same goes with Veronica. She has a Panic Smoke Tome that has a weaker effect than Panic Smoke C Skill, and we already have a inheritable version of her weapon with Halloween Henry's Tome.

Speaking of Veronica. When do you think we’ll get vanilla Veronica? I’d imagine we’d get Bruno and Veronica on the same banner so that could mean Bruno might be skipped over for this far fetched in favor of some kind of embla banner down the line 

20 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Speaking of Veronica. When do you think we’ll get vanilla Veronica? I’d imagine we’d get Bruno and Veronica on the same banner so that could mean Bruno might be skipped over for this far fetched in favor of some kind of embla banner down the line 

That's what I expect. They come togheter when their role on the story is kinda finished, or at least more developed than it is now. 

And I think this will probably involve Bruno getting rid of his curse and Verinica developing in some way, maybe less crazy? And that could mean that they get some kind of power up that makes sense with it on their summonable selves

24 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Whenever they get around to finally finishing up their godforsaken story arc. Maybe at the end of Book 3? Maybe Book 4 if we don't get dragged off on another detour?

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Spoiler

We've already formed an alliance with her in the story right? So I expect to see her very soon along with Bruno. 

The petty part of me wants OG Veronica to keep her horribly outdated base kit as retribution for all the suffering she caused me during the first TT. 😛

Wonder what the reaction would be if she and Bruno were simply added as single unsummonable units like the Askrians.

Maybe they'll be GHBs? We've never had a banner unit introduced with a unique weapon already possible to refine, but we've gotten a grail unit like that - Linus.

Veronica to Thrasir as Linus is to Raven? Might end up being that way if they can't think of a way to carve out a niche for her. After all, Thrasir already duplicates Elivagar's effect and that was the only thing remotely identifying about Veronica's kit. The rest is utterly generic. A decent OG Veronica as a unit would have essentially no resemblance to her initial appearances.

For reference, her kit in her appearances so far have been:

Bonfire / Reprisal

Fury / Mirror Strike

Renewal

Drive Def / Savage Blow

Edited by Humanoid

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Veronica to Thrasir as Linus is to Raven? Might end up being that way if they can't think of a way to carve out a niche for her. After all, Thrasir already duplicates Elivagar's effect and that was the only thing remotely identifying about Veronica's kit. The rest is utterly generic. A decent OG Veronica as a unit would have essentially no resemblance to her initial appearances.

The main difference between Veronica and Thrasir is the fact that Thrasir is blisteringly fast with a typical mage stat spread whereas Veronica was as fast as a brick with a typical brick stat spread. Linus and Raven were a lot more similar to each other (partly because of Basilikos's stat modifiers).

Must be the pants.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We've already formed an alliance with her in the story right? So I expect to see her very soon along with Bruno. 

Only a tentative one until the mess with Hel is sorted out.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So with Conrad being added as a GHB soon he is out of the running for Farfetched Heroes. So now it looks like, assuming we ignore Lif and characters with seasonal alts, we are getting Awakening Anna, Jill, Nils and Shinon unless we are getting another New Heroes based on Awakening, Tellius or Blazing Sword before then which is actually possible.

Though since it looks like we are getting a five units every banner now I wonder if they might do that for Farfetched as well. I kind of doubt it but if we did then we could see Awakening Anna, Jill, Severa, Nils, Shinon and Rath (and hey Awakening, Blazing Sword and Tellius would all coincidentally get two units each) with Anna, Jill, Nils and Shinon on the banner and one of Severa/Rath being the 3-4 star unit and the other being the GHB/TT freebie unit.

Personally I still expect it to be a three unit banner of Anna, Jill and Nils with Shinon being the freebie unit though I did hear an interesting theory on reddit that we might get all females instead for Farfetched since there are several females that are not in the game that scored higher than Conrad, Nils and the others in which case we would get Awakening Anna, Jill, Severa and Rinkah (Fates Anna would just barely miss it) but I think having all females for Farfetched would just cause backlash.

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

So with Conrad being added as a GHB soon he is out of the running for Farfetched Heroes. So now it looks like, assuming we ignore Lif and characters with seasonal alts, we are getting Awakening Anna, Jill, Nils and Shinon unless we are getting another New Heroes based on Awakening, Tellius or Blazing Sword before then which is actually possible.

Though since it looks like we are getting a five units every banner now I wonder if they might do that for Farfetched as well. I kind of doubt it but if we did then we could see Awakening Anna, Jill, Severa, Nils, Shinon and Rath (and hey Awakening, Blazing Sword and Tellius would all coincidentally get two units each) with Anna, Jill, Nils and Shinon on the banner and one of Severa/Rath being the 3-4 star unit and the other being the GHB/TT freebie unit.

Personally I still expect it to be a three unit banner of Anna, Jill and Nils with Shinon being the freebie unit though I did hear an interesting theory on reddit that we might get all females instead for Farfetched since there are several females that are not in the game that scored higher than Conrad, Nils and the others in which case we would get Awakening Anna, Jill, Severa and Rinkah (Fates Anna would just barely miss it) but I think having all females for Farfetched would just cause backlash.

I really, really hope they add Nils and Severa. Dream come true. 

I agree an all female Farfetched would just cause backlash, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen. 

... Did they just put Conrad in as a GHB?

They just put Conrad in as a GHB. Seriously. I have no idea how to feel about that, especially since it puts Rath at third place for dudes in Farfetched. That is SO CLOSE it's almost painful to think about if he doesn't make it in this round.

Also he'd better not be red.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm REALLY hoping for Nils now since Conrad is out of the running. And they better freaking NOT give us an all-female Farfetched unless they also plan on giving us an all-male one to go with it; that'd be Nils, Shinon, Rath, and...someone, I guess.

Cormag would be the fourth male unit but I don't see two different Farfetched Heroes banners happening.

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

though I did hear an interesting theory on reddit that we might get all females instead for Farfetched since there are several females that are not in the game that scored higher than Conrad, Nils and the others in which case we would get Awakening Anna, Jill, Severa and Rinkah (Fates Anna would just barely miss it) but I think having all females for Farfetched would just cause backlash.

I actually brought this up earlier in this topic:

On 9/7/2019 at 9:14 PM, Florete said:

While the past two were 2 male, 2 female, they also happened to be the top 4 not implemented regardless of gender (barring special cases like Micaiah, OCs, and beast units). This time, though, aside from Bruno (who might be skipped) and Lif (who will definitely be skipped), there's a long line of female characters ranking before the male characters. Even if you skipped both Annas (Awakening and Fates), Thrasir (who likely will be skipped), Hel, Rinea, Louise, and Charlotte, you still have Jill, Severa, Rinkah, Ilyana, Lilith, and Selena (Sacred Stones) before the next male character, Conrad, enough to fill a 4-unit banner + TT/GHB with one still left out.

It really wouldn't surprise me to see this happen. Ilyana has gotten an alt since then but there's still Jill, Severa, Rinkah, Lilith, and Selena (Sacred Stones) before any males.

I highly doubt this will be a 3-unit banner, though. They've clearly gotten into the pattern of 4 units + TT/GHB, twice per month, even randomly throwing Sigrun in as a freebie during the Brave 3 TT to keep consistency.

And honestly, I don't think an all-female banner here would cause significant backlash. Yeah, I get that there are people who will be mad, and that's fair, I just doubt it will reach the level of the real shitstorms we've seen in this game's history.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

It really wouldn't surprise me to see this happen. Ilyana has gotten an alt since then but there's still Jill, Severa, Rinkah, Lilith, and Selena (Sacred Stones) before any males.

I highly doubt this will be a 3-unit banner, though. They've clearly gotten into the pattern of 4 units + TT/GHB, twice per month, even randomly throwing Sigrun in as a freebie during the Brave 3 TT to keep consistency.

And honestly, I don't think an all-female banner here would cause significant backlash. Yeah, I get that there are people who will be mad, and that's fair, I just doubt it will reach the level of the real shitstorms we've seen in this game's history.

I suppose some kind of pattern is getting broken on this Farfetched banner whether it is the '3 units only on Farfetched banners like previous years' or 'New Heroes banners in 2019 all having four units on the banners pattern'.

Honestly it makes no difference to me if there is gender split on Farfetched or if it is the top units not in the game even if they all happen to be female as long as Anna is on the banner. It's not like IS ever made a specific guideline as to who qualifies for Farfetched Heroes (correct me if I'm wrong) other than they must be the top ranked characters on CYL who are not playable in Heroes which like you said worked out the first two years but this year there are at least five females who ranked higher than the first plausible male candidate. If there is backlash over it is probably because I believe there is a certain expectation among people that since Farfetched Heroes is another CYL banner that it must pick the top 2 male and female characters to mirror the way the 'winners' of CYL was decided and if those expectations aren't met people will be prone to voice their displeasure over it. Just the usual fanfare when people think that the female characters are given special preference in this game.

It will certainly be interesting to see who IS ends up picking this year.

21 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

It's not like IS ever made a specific guideline as to who qualifies for Farfetched Heroes (correct me if I'm wrong) other than they must be the top ranked characters on CYL who are not playable in Heroes

Here's your correction: Micaiah was skipped on the first Farfetched Heroes so that she could be added with the World of Dawn banner a few months later.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Here's your correction: Micaiah was skipped on the first Farfetched Heroes so that she could be added with the World of Dawn banner a few months later.

Selkie was also skipped on the second since beasts weren't in the game yet.

Edited by Othin

Y’all I just want Severa I don’t care how she gets in so long as she’s a decent enough unit I’m fine. I just really want this girl to finally get some love.

honestly, if they wanted to do a full female banner, that's okay with me, I don't understand why there would be a backlash. 
Honestly at this point i wanna save up for christmas/new years so i hope this banner is a big ole skip for me. 

so realistically i'm expecting units that will scream "Pull for me, Daisy!!"

Edited by daisy jane

Unless they really have a RD/PoR banner in planning I think Jill is likely there...So I don't have much hope for Rinkah anymore. She is a bit on a lower spot anyway. Still I hold my orbs on for now. 

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Can we assume there is a pattern that at least one character will always be skipped over Farfetched every year since Micaiah was skipped year 1, Selkie was skipped during year 2 and Lif (assuming he isn't coming out until next month's Mythic Banner) won't be on this year's Farfetched banner.

25 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Can we assume there is a pattern that at least one character will always be skipped over Farfetched every year since Micaiah was skipped year 1, Selkie was skipped during year 2 and Lif (assuming he isn't coming out until next month's Mythic Banner) won't be on this year's Farfetched banner.

Probably not. Micaiah was probably skipped because she's a lord and should be introduced on a banner specifically for her game and Selkie was because beasts were not a thing. It'd really just be coincidence if Lif is skipped over for being a Mythic Hero (which should be expected, otherwise Thrasir just looks awkward).