Farfetched Heroes 2019 Speculations

NSSKG151

3 hours ago, Othin said:

So, Farfetched banners so far have been three 5* exclusives and a free unit. Meanwhile, standard New Hero banners have become three 5* exclusives, a 4-5* demote, a 3-4* direct, and a free unit. And it's looking like other banners are covering whatever units would be on a Farfetched banner anyway.

In fairness, standard banners sometimes have less... constructive slots, like Ephraim and Peony, and a Farfetched banner could easily become four 5* exclusive units plus a free unit like CYL3 and current seasonal banners. Still, I'd prefer two 5* exclusives, a 4-5* demote, a 3-4* direct, a free unit, and an unnecessary extra 5* exclusive to that.

I was looking forward to Farfetched, but as long as the relevant units show up eventually, I think this is at least as good.

What if you've been waiting two and a half fucking years for your favorite character, only to have been going loopy and losing more and more your sanity as a result of them still not being in the game yet? That's literally me with Jill

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What if you've been waiting two and a half fucking years for your favorite character, only to have been going loopy and losing more and more your sanity as a result of them still not being in the game yet? That's literally me with Jill

I think, with respect intended, that you should take a deep breath and put a little less personal investment into a fairly middling, extremely pay-to-win mobile game with no endgame content. 'Going loopy and losing more and more of your sanity' sounds concerning, and I hope that was intended for exaggeration alone. 

My favorite character (Bastian) isn't in the game yet either, by the way. Nor my second favorite (Nasir). Nor my third (Zihark).

I feel your annoyance, but I'm pretty sure you'll get Jill in 2020. Just hope she's treated better than Haar and Cormag were. Moreover, I hope she serves a unique function. Most every character in Heroes plays like one of the same few types of generic stat sticks, and it's rare to get one that brings anything truly unique to the table.

Edited by Etheus

12 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I think, with kindness and respect intended, that you should take a deep breath and put a little less personal investment into a pay to win mobile game with no endgame content. 'Going loopy and losing more and more of your sanity' sounds concerning.

My favorite character (Bastian) isn't in the game yet either, by the way. Nor my second favorite (Nasir). Nor my third (Zihark).

I feel your annoyance, but I'm pretty sure you'll get Jill in 2020. Just hope she's treated better than Haar and Cormag were.

That's easier said than done. And how would you know that? We had two Tellius banners this year, as well as several other occasions where Tellius characters were added, and not a single one of them was Jill. Do you see why I've just been going crazy after a while? I just do not have the mental capacity to wait another year.

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

That's easier said than done. And how would you know that? We had two Tellius banners this year, as well as several other occasions where Tellius characters were added, and not a single one of them was Jill. Do you see why I've just been going crazy after a while? I just do not have the mental capacity to wait another year.

Well, if you look at the poll results on the prior page, almost half of those characters were added, if you count  seasonal alts for a few cases. And that's ignoring that some of those not added are just other versions of Anna, and Heroes OCs that they can just add in at any time. In a series with almost 600 characters, that doesn't happen by coincidence. They are actively prioritizing CYL runner ups.

It's the same thing as Farfetched, just all year long. Jill is stupid popular. She's a banner seller, and one that is likely to appear sooner rather than later.

Also, look at it this way. The acceleration of power creep is going to make the wait well worth it. Jill in 2020 is going to be a LOT stronger than Jill in 2018 would have been. 

Edited by Etheus

Still though. CYL4 is gonna be dominated by the Three Houses cast, and this was pretty much the last chance I had of getting Jill until then. Now that Farfetched is dead, who knows when Jill will be added?! I just don't want to wait another year or two for another Tellius banner, only to get denied again with no Jill! X(

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Still though. CYL4 is gonna be dominated by the Three Houses cast, and this was pretty much the last chance I had of getting Jill until then. Now that Farfetched is dead, who knows when Jill will be added?! I just don't want to wait another year or two for another Tellius banner, only to get denied again with no Jill! X(

I don't think you're looking at the whole picture. Three Houses is going to get a lot of influence, sure, but this is going to be counterbalanced by the removal of CYL3 winners and a SHARP decrease in votes to all characters who made it in this year.

Considering how the Tellius banners this year were focused on bringing in an entire new unit type that DOMINATED the prior CYL, the lower number of beasts to skew the polls is going to have wildly unpredictable effects on the poll. Where do you think all of those votes are going to go? Who knows? It's exciting.

Edited by Etheus

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't think you're looking at the whole picture. Three Houses is going to get a lot of influence, sure, but this is going to be counterbalanced by the removal of CYL3 winners and a SHARP decrease in votes to all characters who made it in this year.

Considering how the Tellius banners this year were focused on bringing in an entire new unit type that DOMINATED the prior CYL, the lower number of beasts to skew the polls is going to have wildly unpredictable effects on the poll. Where do you think all of those votes are going to go? Who knows? It's exciting.

I don't fucking care at this point, I just want Jill added! And I call bullshit on the whole "the longer you wait, the stronger they'll be" argument, look at what they did to fucking Haar!

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't fucking care at this point, I just want Jill added! And I call bullshit on the whole "the longer you wait, the stronger they'll be" argument, look at what they did to fucking Haar!

GHBs are kind of the exception. But Haar still looks positively godlike compared to similar GHB/TT units from the game's early days (hello Narcian and Gerome). Imagine if Haar was released in that state at that time. He'd be a lot worse off than he is now. You can't even pretend that Narcian is a viable unit. You can with Haar.

Edited by Etheus

Just now, Etheus said:

GHBs are kind of the exception. But Haar still looks positively godlike compared to similar GHB/TT units from the game's early days (hello Narcian and Gerome). Imagine if Haar was released in that state at that time. He'd be a lot worse off than he is now.

Still though, I don't want all of my hoarding for Jill to be all for nothing if she's a mediocre lance flier GHB. I have saved close to 1,200 orbs at this point, and to possibly have to go back to the hell hole that is Aether Raids, I just can't do it!

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Still though, I don't want all of my hoarding for Jill to be all for nothing if she's a mediocre lance flier GHB. I have saved close to 1,200 orbs at this point, and to possibly have to go back to the hell hole that is Aether Raids, I just can't do it!

I doubt she'll be a GHB. Because she has something Haar doesn't. Mammaries. 

In seriousness, if we get a Daein banner, she'd likely be a banner unit, with Ena, Ashnard, or Levail as a GHB. 

Just now, Etheus said:

I doubt she'll be a GHB. Because she has something Haar doesn't. Mammaries. 

In seriousness, if we get a Daein banner, she'd likely be a banner unit, with Ena, Ashnard, or Levail as a GHB. 

God I hope so. I have lost so much of my sanity and friends cuz of how much they made fun of me over the fact that Jill still isn't in the game yet. I just want this nightmare to end! X(

Jill at least has a better shot of being added into the game than my favorite character, Tormod.

At this point, I'm also losing hope of Rath being added too, but he at least has a better shot.

Also, it's just my luck that my favorite Awakening child and mother are both the only ones missing of all the Awakening children and mothers

So, I mean, it sucks for everyone who's missing favorite characters in the game.

I’m in this weird middle ground where Severa is in the game but at the same time not but it’s strange that both Inigo and Owain have their original versions in the game yet she’s still stuck as a Nohrian mercenary. Ugh IS why do you continue to ignore the best member of the awakening trio?!?!

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

treated better than Haar and Cormag were.

And this is why I'm upset that farfetched seems to have come to a stop. I'm not worried about the popular women (or women in general tbh ever since Karla) Heroes has treated most of its women nicely and they are the ones with the best shot of getting into the game along with having anywhere between a decent to broken set.

Heroes loves screwing over popular guys on the other hand. Both, Haar and Cormag, were in the running for the banner and they just get gutted and thrown in as pitiful GHB units. At least Nils (and Shinon) would've been next in line for farfetched and I could've rest assured that he would get treated well even if he ends up as a freebie, judging by Aversa, but instead it's back to square one where I'm left worrying if Nils is ever gonna get in period.

9 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Then Heroes is having an unhealthy effect on you and you should probably stop playing it.

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I’m in this weird middle ground where Severa is in the game but at the same time not but it’s strange that both Inigo and Owain have their original versions in the game yet she’s still stuck as a Nohrian mercenary. Ugh IS why do you continue to ignore the best member of the awakening trio?!?!

Inigo is only in as a seasonal alt with a different class. Owain is the only one to have both versions in the game because both versions are different classes.

If they were to release Inigo, he'd just be powercrept Lazlowe and if they were to release Tsundera, she'd just be powercrept Selena.

8 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

look at what they did to fucking Haar!

I do not see what is wrong with Haar. He can do Brave Axe perfectly fine, and he has decent physical bulk too if you want him to be Enemy Phase. He is no Cherche and no Beruka, but I do not think he needs to be. He brings absolutely nothing unique to the table, but most units also bring absolutely nothing unique to the table either.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Then Heroes is having an unhealthy effect on you and you should probably stop playing it.

I've come too far to just quit at this point

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not see what is wrong with Haar. He can do Brave Axe perfectly fine, and he has decent physical bulk too if you want him to be Enemy Phase. He is no Cherche and no Beruka, but I do not think he needs to be. He brings absolutely nothing unique to the table, but most units also bring absolutely nothing unique to the table either.

Have you not seen how much of a god he is in RD? He deserved better than being a mediocre grail unit who's worse than a three star unit who's been in the game since launch

Edited by Gregster101

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Have you not seen how much of a god he is in RD? He deserved better than being a mediocre grail unit who's worse than a three star unit who's been in the game since launch

Naga is a literal god, and she is not amazing in Heroes. Robin (and any Awakening character for that matter) can be made broken in Awakening, but he is hardly meta in Heroes. How strong a character is in their base game, lore wise or gameplay wise, has no bearings on how strong they should be in Heroes.

23 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I've come too far to just quit at this point

Sunk cost fallacy. That's how they get you.

Gacha games are designed to squeeze their players for ridiculous amounts of time, money, and emotional investment. If you're going to play a game like this, you have to be careful not to put in more than you'll get out. 

Heroes throws together a few pieces of art, some mediocre dialogue, and some power-crept skills and convinces players they need it so desperately that they'll spend an average of $100 worth of currency per character, more if they get people to go for multiple copies. It's a scam.

My most wanted character just got added today. It's cool, but nothing more. I plan on summoning him soon, and it'll be fun for a while, and then the novelty will wear off. I already have over 300 other unique characters at 5*, many of them better and with more distinctive abilities than him.

Do you really think even a "properly" implemented Jill could ever be satisfying to you at this point?

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sunk cost fallacy. That's how they get you.

Gacha games are designed to squeeze their players for ridiculous amounts of time, money, and emotional investment. If you're going to play a game like this, you have to be careful not to put in more than you'll get out. 

Heroes throws together a few pieces of art, some mediocre dialogue, and some power-crept skills and convinces players they need it so desperately that they'll spend an average of $100 worth of currency per character, more if they get people to go for multiple copies. It's a scam.

My most wanted character just got added today. It's cool, but nothing more. I plan on summoning him soon, and it'll be fun for a while, and then the novelty will wear off. I already have over 300 other unique characters at 5*, many of them better and with more distinctive abilities than him.

Do you really think even a "properly" implemented Jill could ever be satisfying to you at this point?

I don't even spend my own money on Heroes. The only time I spend money is if a friend or family member of mine gives me an iTunes gift card (cuz I don't use iTunes for anything else). And honestly, I don't even know. I just want Jill to be added at this point. Is that really too much to ask for?! X(

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't even spend my own money on Heroes. The only time I spend money is if a friend or family member of mine gives me an iTunes gift card (cuz I don't use iTunes for anything else). And honestly, I don't even know. I just want Jill to be added at this point. Is that really too much to ask for?! X(

nope. we all have our wants and stuff we want in the game. I'd love Jill and Charlotte to be added into the game as well. 

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

Gacha games are designed to squeeze their players for ridiculous amounts of time, money, and emotional investment.

games period are designed to do that. like if you aren't emotionally invested in a franchise or what not game companies aren't going to go anywhere rather quickly. if games don't have replay ability they won't sell well because why would you spend a lot of a game that's a one and done-r. 

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't spend any money, but I still have to be careful about other forms of investment, particularly time.

I expect Jill to be added in the next non-beast Tellius banner. It's been a while since the last one, but I don't think it'll be much longer. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

nope. we all have our wants and stuff we want in the game. I'd love Jill and Charlotte to be added into the game as well. 

games period are designed to do that. like if you aren't emotionally invested in a franchise or what not game companies aren't going to go anywhere rather quickly. if games don't have replay ability they won't sell well because why would you spend a lot of a game that's a one and done-r. 

Not usually to the same extent. Gacha games use fleeting rewards to push you to play even when you aren't enjoying it, to shift your focus to the rewards rather than to the process of playing.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Not usually to the same extent. Gacha games use fleeting rewards to push you to play even when you aren't enjoying it, to shift your focus to the rewards rather than to the process of playing.

i suppose. I know that a lot of people here hate gatcha games. (I only play FEH because it's Fire Emblem if this was basically any other thing i probably wouldn't) I personally though feel that it's a game, and like anything it's sunk cost the moment you decide to install it, regardless if you pay or not. just like any other hobby and/or game - but it's an each their own thing guess.