Which game would you recommend next?

Maddie

Since you have decided to give Conquest a try, I would recommend you to do it in Hard mode. It may be very challenging, but it is always fair (the game is actually trickier than it is difficult.)

The reason for my recommending Hard is the radical increase in difficulty between Hard and Normal; while the difference between Hard and Lunatic is rather small. Normal plays like a different game because of the (lack of) enemy skills, which are an essential component of this game’s challenge.

Favour Owain a couple of chapters and you are set. And you are going to love Ophelia; she is just as mad, and also blows up entire maps.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking for a challenge in the future, I'd recommend Binding Blade one day. Hard mode was hard, but it was a satisfying victory - the early game can be bad for some famous chapters. If you want true ending, check a guide for details. While the difficulty wasn't horrible, the game managed to keep the difficulty on a level, unlike Blazing Sword, where the game gets easier the longer you play (and suddenly a difficulty spike on final chapter).

Thracia I already explained, but I still think it's the toughest Fire Emblem game. Like guides are very much needed, because the game throws a lot of things at you that you might call a BS scenario. Sometimes that's what I admire about Thracia though. It was my Fire Emblem experiences put to a test, so I'd go for that after another difficult fire emblem game has been beaten.

3 hours ago, CelicaLucina said:

@Garlyle I'm considering playing Binding Blade because of Roy but might play Blazing Sword first because it's a prequel.

That's the order I played them as well, and I'd suggest the same. Blazing is not difficult, it's a more balanced game in the series.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:38 AM, CelicaLucina said:

I'm considering playing Binding Blade because of Roy but might play Blazing Sword first because it's a prequel.

To be fairly honest you don't need to. A prequel has many ruts it can fall into in general. It just so happens that fe7 steps on the foot of fe6 every step of the way, and since it was made after 6 you don't need to play 7 in order to understand 6. In fact it can confuse you if you look at both stories.

I started with fe6. It was my second fire emblem after echoes, and what really hooked me into the series. Much like every other fe game, there are some things you need to know before going in that will help. 

- hit rates are crap - the highest hit I remember seeing a weapon have was 76, and I've seen them be as low as in the 40's

- roy sucks - he is one of the weakest lords in fe history. He isn't just an average unit stat wise(like leif), nor does he have anything to boost his usability(again, like leif). He has bad bases, poor growths, and has a late story promotion. He  does become better when promoted though.

- all reinforcements are ambush spawns - if you don't know, ambush spawns are enemy reinforcements that move the same turn they are introduced. Be wary about them, because they can easily kill units if you are un prepared.

32 minutes ago, Ced von Lewyn said:

- roy sucks - he is one of the weakest lords in fe history. He isn't just an average unit stat wise(like leif), nor does he have anything to boost his usability(again, like leif). He has bad bases, poor growths, and has a late story promotion. He  does become better when promoted though.

Honestly I think he just flat out is the weakest. People assume Marth is shit in FE1 because he can't promote, but in reality Marth is an unkillable demigod in FE1, or at least he can be if you give him the right items, and you have every incentive to do so. FE5 Leif has similar problems to Roy, but has like 8 chapters, an inbuilt paragon skill, and by that point most of the growth-boosting scrolls in the game from what I've heard, to catch up from his late promotion. Meanwhile Roy's got 3 with no benefits. Eliwood also has one more chapter of promoted relevance than Roy, and a mount, and can promote earlier if you're doing Hector mode. Micaiah has staff utility and a ridiculous amount of magic power to apply to the job.

Edited by Alastor15243

@Alastor15243 You make good points. Even when giving him every stat booster you can( I have) he only becomes a mediocre to slightly more than mediocre. I believe, if they do an fe6 echoes, Roy needs to be buffed. It could just be +5% growth in each stat , better bases, and he would be more useful than he is now.