38 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Party? 3rd Party? Both?

• More leaned towards 1st party
    • More leaned towards 3rd party
    • A fair mixture
    • Other (Specify)

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

MMZ Zero would be fucking awesome...

But they gave us classic green tits Zero for the Mii costume, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. 😔

Classic Zero as a costume and assist trophy actually make me believe that if he were to get included, it'd be as his MMZ incarnation. Probably don't want to have a million of the same Zeros running around on stage at once.

15 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I would also like to see XC2 reps. Although I dont mind if a character like Shadow or Tails from Sonic gets in. I guess I'm not too picky, I'm happy if we get any.

Unfortunately I think Shadow missed the one chance he had to get in. Likely would have had to be an echo of Sonic and well that's a dream now. 

But hey I got Richter and Terry to compensate me at least.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Unfortunately I think Shadow missed the one chance he had to get in. Likely would have had to be an echo of Sonic and well that's a dream now. 

But hey I got Richter and Terry to compensate me at least.

I don't want to agree but your right, which is too bad. Shadow has plenty of potential for a moveset, excluding his Shadow the Hedgehog appearance, of course, since they obviously wouldn't give him guns.

I'm also on board with Megaman Zero.

14 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't want to agree but your right, which is too bad. Shadow has plenty of potential for a moveset, excluding his Shadow the Hedgehog appearance, of course, since they obviously wouldn't give him guns.

I'm also on board with Megaman Zero.

I hate having to say it in the first place, but hey there's at least a cool Sonic fanmade fighting game being made at the moment. 

I'm personally hoping for a focus on 1st party titles, but regardless of which party they choose, I'm hoping for characters from new and upcoming games. As much as I'm happy for Banjo and Kazooie, I would much rather want a focus on new an upcoming games. 

I suppose the phrase "Want's to push more collaborations with DLC" all but confirms that wave 2 will most likely also be dominated by third party characters. It feels kinda weird that Nintendo wouldn't want to step in and promote their other games with DLC, not that I find that upsetting or anything like that. So far, going all in on third parties has been a net positive in my book. The only real misstep in my opinion was The Hero since it was really easy to predict and it didn't really appeal to me personally, but even so I'm still really happy for all the dragon quest fans out there because who am I to complain when I've got Terry Bogard, a character I really love, coming to the game.

I really don't want the next wave to be dominated by third parties as well. I wasn't too big on the idea on the first wave being all third parties cuz there's still several first party characters I feel like are deserving to be in Smash at this point like Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong.

My wants for a third party wave 2 are:

Dante (Devil May Cry) 

My most wanted. Include costumes for both young Dante and DMC5 Dante.

2B (NieR Automata)

The soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission. Great choice for a female rep and not unlikely given Nintendo & Platinum's bff status.

Ezio (Assassin's Creed)

The man who made Assassin's Creed a household name.

Yuri Lowell & Rapide

Lloyd may score disproportionately highly among Nintendo communities, but Yuri is the most popular Tales protagonist. Add good boi Rapide to make his moveset more endearing and unique.

Tracer

Tracer is both a female rep and an appealing shooter rep. Overwatch would add a ton of color and personality to Smash, and Tracer is quite possibly its most iconic character. I'm more of a Hanzo guy myself, but Tracer would be a lot of fun to play here.

29 minutes ago, Etheus said:

My wants for a third party wave 2 are:

Dante (Devil May Cry) 

My most wanted. Include costumes for both young Dante and DMC5 Dante.

2B (NieR Automata)

The soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission. Great choice for a female rep and not unlikely given Nintendo & Platinum's bff status.

Ezio (Assassin's Creed)

The man who made Assassin's Creed a household name.

Yuri Lowell & Rapide

Lloyd may score disproportionately highly among Nintendo communities, but Yuri is the most popular Tales protagonist. Add good boi Rapide to make his moveset more endearing and unique.

Tracer

Tracer is both a female rep and an appealing shooter rep. Overwatch would add a ton of color and personality to Smash, and Tracer is quite possibly its most iconic character. I'm more of a Hanzo guy myself, but Tracer would be a lot of fun to play here.

I'd still rather much have Lloyd over Yuri though

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'd still rather much have Lloyd over Yuri though

I mean, that's cool. I wouldn't be angry if they picked Lloyd. I prefer Yuri and think that Lloyd is a bit of a dork... but to each their own.

As long as they don't pick someone truly insufferable... like Asbel or Sorey.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, Armagon said:

But i just really want Rex. Or any Xenoblade rep tbh.

I want Rex too, I enjoyed Xenoblade 2 and he's neat.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, Florete said:

Dixie is my most wanted and even I don't see how you're getting this from his posts.

She's my other most wanted too!

I'd also love to see Vaati or Ghirahim added for Zelda. Though Impa might get in before them. Thing is, while Impa is fairly prominent, we already have Sheik and I feel like Impa would just be a clone. I prefer unique characters over clones, and I really like Vaati and Ghirahim as villains. They'd certainly be unique, as Vaati would be a pure magic user and Ghirahim would bring both some sword attacks and his own magic. Robin uses a sword and magic too, but Ghirahim's style and magic are very different.

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I mean, that's cool. I wouldn't be angry if they picked Lloyd. I prefer Yuri and think that Lloyd is a bit of a dork... but to each their own.

As long as they don't pick someone truly insufferable... like Asbel or Sorey.

For the record, I've never played a Tales game in my life ever. The reason why I would prefer Lloyd is because Tales of Symphonia is my brother's favorite game of all time and it means a lot to him, so that's why I'd much rather prefer Lloyd over Yuri.

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

For the record, I've never played a Tales game in my life ever. The reason why I would prefer Lloyd is because Tales of Symphonia is my brother's favorite game of all time and it means a lot to him, so that's why I'd much rather prefer Lloyd over Yuri.

I get that. Banjo Kazooie was my brother's favorite, and Dragon Quest is my father's favorite. I was happy to see those characters added by extension.

And since Joker was added, I also got one of mine. That helps.

Edited by Etheus

I do hope that we get at least 1st Party Fighter for the next Fighter Pass as well for the 5th Slot in the current Fighter Pass. The current Fighter Pass that we got has too much 3rd Party Fighters filling up the room and we do need at least some more Nintendo characters for the DLC since Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U had 4 Nintendo characters while Super Smash Bros. Ultimate only has one Nintendo DLC fighter (Piranha Plant).

Edited by King Marth 64