Trouble with Expansion Pass

Cornguy

After purchasing the Expansion Pass, and downloading what I assume is Wave 1 of the pass, every time I go to start my game, I get the "software closed because of an error" message, and get kicked back to the home menu.

I've deleted my software data, redownloaded the updates, and I could play the game again. However, when I redownload the dlc, I get the same error every time. I've repeated this process multiple times, including restarting the console, but the game will not load if I have the dlc downloaded.

For the record, I've also checked my own consoles firmware, it says I'm up to date. I've also tried the "check for corrupted data" option, and it allegedly comes back clean after deleting and redownloading. I am playing on a physical cartridge, so it's only deleting data like updates and the sort, I think.

Of course I'm hoping someone has a solution that doesn't involve sending my console away for an undisclosed amount of time to Nintendo, but that is probably where I'll end up. But I'm also curious if anyone else is having an issue after downloading dlc data. Google search led me to believe no one else has run into this issue yet, which unfortunately only furthers the likelihood that it's just my console, and I need to send it to rehab. 

I am aware that Wave 1 is just an outfit, and obviously I can play without it. But the issue is that I'll still be stuck with this problem as long as I sit on it, and I would like to play with the content I paid for when it comes out eventually.

Apologies if there's another forum for technical questions, if there is, I just couldn't find it.

I didn't mention it before, because it didn't seem relevant until you mentioned it @Kirblicated, but I tried to use the feedback option on Nintendo's support page last night, and I got an error over there too. Not a connection error as far as I could tell, I had consistent connection and tried a few times throughout the night, it just kept telling me it failed to send. Wish I had remembered the exact message on the site. Hopefully if it's not just us, they're aware of it, and can fix it with an update or something. 

Are you on a physical or digital copy? Not that I expect to figure anything out necessarily, just curious if the issue seems to be related to having a physical copy or not.

Unsure if it's related, but I'm also getting a close message somewhere along the lines of "failed to load settings" occasionally when I open the eshop, and it usually happens after I delete the software data, and go back to the eshop, whether it's through Three Houses, or through the home menu. It still lets me in the eshop right after giving me the message, but I only started seeing the message when this issue came up.

Minor update: I was able to send my feedback through Nintendo's support page finally, if they respond, I'll let you folks know what they say.

Edited by Cornguy

aaa hi! this exact thing is happening to me. i own a digital copy! i bought both today so i havent even played it yet )': its wanting to kiss claude hours but too bad i cant see him in game </4 im glad im not the only one this is happening to though. hopefully this is resolved asap so i can binge play before going back to school monday sighhhh

oh wait!!! i found: this

they say to uninstall unreleased dlc packs and keep the ones already released bc the unreleased may have something wrong w them.. (read it for yourself too since i might be saying it wrong).

although im not sure how to do that with the digital copy, i hope it helps someone!

edit: i figured out how to only install the base game with a digital copy so if anyone needs help just lmk

Edited by 90moki

25 minutes ago, 90moki said:

they say to uninstall unreleased dlc packs and keep the ones already released bc the unreleased may have something wrong w them.. (read it for yourself too since i might be saying it wrong).

although im not sure how to do that with the digital copy, i hope it helps someone!

edit: i figured out how to only install the base game with a digital copy so if anyone needs help just lmk

could you tell us how to redownload just the base game for digital copies? i'm not sure i'm doing it right, and i would like to know before i have to wait 2 more hours for it to download before finding out it was wrong ;__;

18 minutes ago, hasu said:

could you tell us how to redownload just the base game for digital copies? i'm not sure i'm doing it right, and i would like to know before i have to wait 2 more hours for it to download before finding out it was wrong ;__;

yeah! i opened the eshop and instead of going to the redownload section, i searched fire emblem in the actual store. since you already bought both you should be able to just install fe by itself instead of it doing fe + expansion pass. hopefully that makes sense!

(td;lr) do not reinstall the fe + expansion pass just look for the base game in the eshop and dl it by itself. when its done download the RELEASED dlc only instead of all at once.

if you need more help feel free to message me! if anything is wrong i apologize, my game still has an hour and 4 mins remaining... but it seems like this worked for many people!

p.s. my twitter is reolovebot and my ig is shinomiyakei, this was the max amount of posts i can make today so if u need help msg me there t___t

Edited by 90moki
no more edits for today

6 hours ago, 90moki said:

You are my goddamned hero. Thank you. 

I still can't open my old ( 110 hours long ) data. When I try to do it , there's a message that say that I have to download the Dlc content in order to continue my journey. The problem is: I have erased and redownloaded the Dlc many times and the message still there and don't let me access my old save data. 😞 I am so worried guys... Actually I bought the switch version with more battery life and when I moved my account I had to redownload everything again in the new console, that's how I discovered the problem. :_(