If you were actually a teacher...

Let's say you got a job teaching at the Officers' Academy. 

1. What subjects would you focus on? Pick two to three. 

2. Which students would you like to have in your class? For the sake of staying in character, assume you only know surface level details about each of them (Like most teachers would). Pick eight, they can be from any house, but only pick one Lord. Cyril and Flayn can be included as students. 

For me personally...

1. I'd probably teach Lances and Authority - There need to be more footlocked Lance infantry besides Dmitri, mainly to help thin out the massive numbers of enemy Swordmasters and Assassins. 

2. For students, I'd like: Annette, Ferdinand, Ignatz, Marianne, Raphael, Caspar, Linhardt, and Claude.

1. Reason and Bows, with a side of Pegasus. I like weaponry that isn't locked to 1 range or 2 range, and bows eventually lose that weakness in this game with close counter.

2. The smart but laid back kids because I actually suck at teaching and shouldn't have this job. Assuming you only get the standard seven + lord: Claude, Hilda, Sylvain, Leonie, Annette, Mercedes, Ashe, Petra

30 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Let's say you got a job teaching at the Officers' Academy. 

1. What subjects would you focus on? Pick two to three. 

Swords, Reason, Authority

I would teach them important skills like how to tip the scales... and be a fire emblem protagonist.

30 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

2. Which students would you like to have in your class? For the sake of staying in character, assume you only know surface level details about each of them (Like most teachers would). Pick eight, they can be from any house, but only pick one Lord. Cyril and Flayn can be included as students. 

Of the Lords, Dimitry and Edelgard would on the surface level appear the most Ideal Students but I would likely grab the latter given that's what I did when I did have a surface level impression of them anyway.

The other Seven would be, Lysithea, Annette, Felix, Hubert, Dorothea, Lorenz, and Sylvain as they either would have a direct interest in one or more of my teachings or I would presumably figure out they'd have an untapped potential in what I could teach and not be restricted by petty gameplay limitations.

All will learn the importance of a stylish overcoat.

1. Personal finance and home economics. . .wait, what do you mean those aren't relevant?!  Fine, fine. . .faith because someone needs to, and brawling to show my students the consequences of not paying attention during the faith portion.

2. Cyril, Ignatz, Petra, Ashe, Mercedes, Dimitri, Dedue, Marianne.  Otherwise known as the eight students who I think would try to turn in their homework on time.  Progress reports suck, and the less of them I have to write, the better.

I am medic with military history degree in real life, but have no real experience in ancient weapons or martial arts

So I would probably be teaching medicine/health science/Nutrition and military history/tactics. Maybe outdoor activities and some woodcrafts.

I assume those are taught in Fodlan military academies?

1. Probably Bows and Lances. Lances because they have some pretty good Combat Arts, and most Master classes need a Lance rank. Bows because I’d rather not have to use a lance if I can snipe the enemy beforehand. I suppose I should add Riding too because I wanna go fast.

2. Dimitri, Caspar, Petra, Felix, Annette, Marianne, Leonie, Ashe

Edited by LegendOfLoog

1) Axes, Lances and Flying to make my entire class into Wyvern Lords. Reason, Authority and Riding are probably the kind of skills these kids' parents are paying us for. Not that martial arts aren't important for leaders, but they can pick those up elsewhere in their own time.

2) Unless Byleth is a qualified psychiatrist, the options here are pretty slim. Claude, Petra, Dedue, Ashe, Annette, Ingrid, Lysithea and Ignatz would probably be the best bet for minimum disruption and good academic performance.

1. Flying, Riding, and Authority, since eventually the three of them will end up crucial on wars if we’re basing upon the gameplay.

2. Dimitri, Marianne, Ashe, Ingrid, Petra, Mercedes, Lysithea, and Annette. Since we can only judge from the surface, I’m basing the picks based on a mixture of personal preferences and personalities.

1. Lance and Reason, I'd rather not chump it up in the melee meatgrinder, and if I do I'd rather have the best weapon in pre-gun history (though that'd be a halberd, close enough). Maybe Bow as well for the same reason. And give me Authority because otherwise it will be a damn pain getting it up across the party.

2. I'd try to pick the most normal and least troubling people, and avoid idiots since I'd be fighting alongside them. Also I'd try to keep it on the quiet side, no Caspar/Annette/Raphael shouting around. On lords, judging from the Sothis comments when you meet them, Edelgard ironically seems the least painful to deal with as she's just very arrogant, no "shadow" or "tricks". As for other students Leonie, Dorothea and Marianne come to my mind immediately. All quite chill and down to earth. Hubert as well, quiet and smart, no problems.

1. Faith and Brawling because unarmed striking is a subject I have experience in and I would straight up help run choir practice as a side responsibility.

2. Virtue is probably the thing I'd value most in my students so unsurprisingly my class would be pretty heavy on the existing Blue Lions. I'm thinking Dimitri, Dedue, Mercedes, Ashe, Annette, Ingrid, Ignatz, and Marianne.

I think I would teach Swords, Lances, and Reason. Just how I feel I’d be good at initially. But I’ll try to study up on Authority and, more importantly, how to teach it.

I feel the best students are those most willing to learn, but I will take up some struggling students on the side. And maybe those who are also just willing to help. If I were to do the 7 students + Lord stuff (based on impressions before the big decision), I would do Dimitri, Dedue, Ashe, Annette, Mercedes, Lysithea, Bernadetta, and Marianne.