QOTW - What Was The Best Thing To Come Out Of The 10's?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Those are dips. Not sauces.

I like myself some honey mustard sauce, some some barbecue, some sweet and sour. I'm a big fan of sauces, but I will put honey mustard as my most favored sauce for dipping.

I thought those are the same thing. They are just a little thicker.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I thought those are the same thing. They are just a little thicker.

I consider them different, even beyond viscosity (which would still be enough to separate them). Dips are predominantly for chips, while sauces are predominantly for meats.

Gravy? Sauce. Tzatsiki? Sauce. Honey mustard? Sauce. They go on meats.

Artichoke dip and guacamole are mostly for dipping chips into, and are not found on meats outside of a few novelty burgers.

Tartar sauce, which I can whip my own version up in a few moments by mixing mayo, chopped red onions, sugar and black pepper. Great for chops and fish sticks. Hell, it even goes well with lumpia.

My favorites would be Star Wars and MCU movies, but if I have to pick one, then maybe Captain America: The First Avenger. The Avengers (the first one) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens would probably be close seconds.

I am on team Jacob.

I am not too familiar with creatures from American folklore outside of Bigfoot, Chupacabra, and Jackalope, so I looked up some creatures on Wikipedia. Snallygaster and demon cat seems to be the coolest of the bunch.

If we include indigenous mythology, then thunderbirds and feathered serpents would top the list too.