QOTW - What Was The Best Thing To Come Out Of The 10's?

Any Star Wars and Marvel movie if they happen to be released around this time. I might watch horror movies too if they get released around this time.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/15/2019 at 6:05 AM, Emperor_Siegfried said:

That and I don't have a VHS player that plays the movie either.

That is like so 90's. We about to be in the 20's now!

I do not think I have seen any parody films with "Movie" in the title. I am not huge on parody films. I think the only films I saw that qualify as parodies are "Austin Powers" and "A Haunted House."

I like Austin Powers, although I do not remember much of the movie. I love the flying dong spaceship scene though, that was absolutely hilarious.

A Haunted House taught me what mandingo party is.

Probably the first Scary Movie since I haven't seen any of them but with this I can see what was worth creating such a giant series afterwards.  The only movie in the Movie series I've ever seen is the tail end of Superhero Movie and at the age where I stopped finding the word "Fuck" to be funny on it's own merit, I can say my thoughts on thos movie were basically, "Where's the jokes?".

14 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think I have seen any parody films with "Movie" in the title. I am not huge on parody films. I think the only films I saw that qualify as parodies are "Austin Powers" and "A Haunted House."

I like Austin Powers, although I do not remember much of the movie. I love the flying dong spaceship scene though, that was absolutely hilarious.

A Haunted House taught me what mandingo party is.

If you want an excellent parody movie, watch Spaceballs! Or any Mel Brooks parody movie.

Straight parodies are insufferable more often than not. I'd probably go Scary Movie 1 because chances are it's the least stale. I mean, hell, at least when it did the wassuuup thing it was contemporary.

• 1 month later...

Since Captain Karnage has apparently abandoned this thread, I have decided to try and revive it. If Captain Karnage decides that he wants to resume control of this thread sometime in the future, he is welcome to do so. Also, if anyone has any question suggestions for this thread, please feel free to PM them to me.

Which "dead" videogame franchise(s) would you like to see revived?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Yay! The thread is back!

For me, it would have to be Advance Wars. While I did not lose my videogame virginity to Advance Wars, Advance Wars was definitely my first love. I do not remember the game that took my videogame virginity, but it was a side scroller on the Super Nintendo.

Spoiler

Forgive me Captain Carnage for playing along.

My basis for a dead franchise would be one that hasn't had a new entry in 10 or so years, hence my pick. 

For me it's Golden Sun (I know, 2010 release but close enough right?).  The setting has all the potential and scale necessary to be Nintendo's answer to Avatar: The Last Airbender and could be a seriously epic franchise.  Are Hiroyuki and Shugo Takahashi just tied up with the Mario Sports franchise or have their ideas just not resonated with the higher ups?

I would say Warcraft but... BREAKING NEWS: Old Man Yells At World of Warcraft Cloud!