DLC Pass Crash?

So, I saw a few posts going around about an issue with the content pass or season pass or whatever you want to call it causing an error that won't let you load the game. Apparently the only way to fix it is to get a refund? 

I'm curious as to how widespread this is, because my saves are still working fine. 

This just happened to me and few others. Whole reddit posts about it. Just downloaded the seasons pass and now my game has an error at start up, even after deleting and redownloading. I really hope they put out a patch for this. I have like 300+ hours into this game 

Nbd, but we did have this topic already, and the conclusion was that you need to delete the software data, redownload the updates, DO NOT redownload the Expansion Pass. The unreleased stuff seems to be causing issues with some consoles. If you still want access to the costumes, you can download that independently from the EP using the eshop.

Thanks to @90moki for posting this, which you should check out if my instructions weren't clear enough.

10 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Wonder if it's just DLC patch or an actual update for main game as well.

No it’s actually a full on Switch firmware update that also addressed whatever flubs up the season pass linking to the main game. 

Thinking the DLC pass was updated to play nice with Switch 9.0.0 before the firmware update actually hit, since it was only those who bought the pass a few days ago that had their game blue screen.