What happened to Ashnard's armour?

Jotari

You know that piece of armour that makes you invincible to all but a half dozen people in the world. Yeah, where did it go? Begnion took possession of Rexaura and Wishblade, you'd think they'd snag that too.

PRobably. Though considering the nature of the armor, I don't see them keeping it in storage, let alone use it. It likely got destroyed. BK's armor might've followed suit if it had been procured as well. Or not, if Sephiran had any say on the matter.

Personally, I'd be more curious as to where it came from, not so much what happened to it. If I recall correctly, the BK gifted him the armor, no? Though that may not really say much...

Ashnard's armor most likely was damaged in the fight. The armor itself is probably made of rare materials that fixing it isn't worth it. Who knows, maybe Oliver has it in a gallery.

14 minutes ago, grinus said:

I imagine after Ike defeats him with Ragnell, that armor is a complete heap of scrap metal. It probably also could be only repaired by powerful magical means which would require someone like Sephiran.

If only Sephiran happened to come on by not long after and was the implied original owner of the armour in the first place...wait a second.

• 5 weeks later...

In Radiant Dawn when the Black Knight appears, his armor has lost its divine protection after he was defeated by Ike, it's probably safe to assume the same happened to Ashnard's armor. The better question (as stated earlier) is what happened to his sword, as well as the backstory (how in the world did this lunatic receive a divine blessed weapon, why only he can use it, etc).

5 hours ago, Xander said:

In Radiant Dawn when the Black Knight appears, his armor has lost its divine protection after he was defeated by Ike, it's probably safe to assume the same happened to Ashnard's armor. The better question (as stated earlier) is what happened to his sword, as well as the backstory (how in the world did this lunatic receive a divine blessed weapon, why only he can use it, etc).

I think the implication is that Lehran gave it to Zelguis who gave it to Ashnard. Although that might not work well with the CG flashbacks that show Ashnard with the sword before ever meeting Zelguis as the Black Knight.

3 hours ago, Paper Jam said:

Gurgurant could just be an heirloom of Daein's royal family. It's not like Ashnard left any heirs who could have used it...

I think you forgot this little guy in your post. :Kappa:

(On a serious note if it was a family heirloom would Pelleas not have tried to wield it in his father's wake, then been exposed as a fraud pre Radiant Dawn? Do you believe he would not even try to carry on the family legacy using his father's sword, even if he was a mage?)

Edited by Xander

1 hour ago, Xander said:

(On a serious note if it was a family heirloom would Pelleas not have tried to wield it in his father's wake, then been exposed as a fraud pre Radiant Dawn? Do you believe he would not even try to carry on the family legacy using his father's sword, even if he was a mage?)

Do we have any reason to believe Pelleas has access to it. That only once again begs the question where is it? Best guess would be Begnion and they know he's a fraud so they have no motive to give it back if it is an exclusive prf (it could also be an heirloom that's not actually prf).

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Do we have any reason to believe Pelleas has access to it. That only once again begs the question where is it? Best guess would be Begnion and they know he's a fraud so they have no motive to give it back if it is an exclusive prf (it could also be an heirloom that's not actually prf).

It's hard to tell if Begnion would be smart enough to consider possessing the sword (how much info do they have, do they know if it's blessed, prf, etc.). After all, these are the same people who left the strongest axe in the world buried in the ground for years (that thing might have helped in the war, would't you think?).

2 hours ago, Xander said:

It's hard to tell if Begnion would be smart enough to consider possessing the sword (how much info do they have, do they know if it's blessed, prf, etc.). After all, these are the same people who left the strongest axe in the world buried in the ground for years (that thing might have helped in the war, would't you think?).

They're also the people that took Wishblade and possible Rexcalibur is that's a unique weapon. As far as we can tell, they knew nothing of Urvan. It could also be an heirloom that's not actually prf. I believe amiti is the only real prf weapon (outside of Ike's random starting swords) in Tellius and even that's only known from the coding and not necessarily a plot point in itself.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, Xander said:

My operative words were "who could have used it." Pelleas couldn't even swing a bronze sword, let alone Gurgurant. And for that matter, neither could Soren.

Edited by Paper Jam

Duh. Obviously it got sold on MedieBay by some greedy merchant whose name may or may not be Anna and the sucker who bought it was ripped off immensely because the blessing is gone and as such it's only value is historical... in a world where historical value has not been fully realized.