Unique character-to-character dialogue/special conversations in Group Tasks/Share a Meal/Choir Practice

pekingduck

I've seen the neat dialog that happens between characters in situations in or outside of battle of FE referred to either as "unique dialogue" or "special conversations," so I'm not sure if there is a canonical name for them. Anyhow, I always try to hit as much of these in a game as possible, re-starting battles/re-doing things just to test out combinations of characters due to the surprise character combinations that sometimes come out. The special conversations are one of my favorite aspects of dialog, as they help with character development in a really succinct fashion. Especially in this game, you also get some really tragic pre-battle dialog. The most heartbreaking one I encountered in-battle was, spoilers for Edelgard's route, Chapter 14: The Master Tactician,

Spoiler

when my Marianne attacked Hilda. I didn't intend to strike the final blow with Marianne, but it also just happened that Marianne crit'ed.

I think there's already an active thread for the special conversations that happen in battles. I just wanted query people to see which special conversations/unique dialog people also encountered during non-battle activities. I've played through Black Eagles and Golden Deer so far, and off the top of my head, below are some that I've encountered (I'm definitely missing some of them, so would certainly appreciate some reminders). I clustered them into the routes I played that I encountered them on, but some of these are definitely not exclusive to a route. Some of these, including Edelgard/Ferdinand or Hubert/Ferdinand also change after the time-skip. As I was finishing writing this post, I also encountered this thread (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77909631) and I like what the guy did to character interactions that change after the time-skip, so I will go ahead and also steal that. *̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶c̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶b̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶-̶t̶i̶m̶e̶-̶s̶k̶i̶p̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶B̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶C̶m̶d̶r̶ ̶Q̶r̶t̶z̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶~̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶c̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶-̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ (going to stop keeping track of that, as based on video evidence, there are a ton of changes). The pairings are loosely grouped in order of BE, GD, BL, and Church, with Lord interactions coming first for each cluster.

Group Tasks [Should be complete]:

Edelgard/Hubert

Edelgard/Ferdinand

Edelgard/Petra

Hubert/Ferdinand

Ferdinand/Dorothea

Ferdinand/Lorenz (this was a surprise)

Caspar/Linhardt

Bernadetta/Alois

Dorothea/Manuela

Claude/Lorenz

Claude/Hilda

Lorenz/Hilda

Lorenz/Leonie

Hilda/Marianne

Ignatz/Raphael

Marianne/Linhardt

Marianne/Lysithea

Lysithea/Hanneman

Dimitri/Dedue

Dimitri/Felix

Dimitri/Gilbert

Dimitri/Sylvain

Ingrid/Sylvain

Felix/Ashe

Annette/Mercedes

Annette/Gilbert

Manuela/Hanneman

Shamir/Catherine

PS for group tasks -- it appears some dialog are dependent on the task, e.g. Marianne/Lysithea is weeding exclusive.

Share a Meal [Should be complete]:

Edelgard/Hubert

Edelgard/Ferdinand

Edelgard/Petra

Ferdinand/Hubert

Ferdinand/Dorothea

Caspar/Linhardt

Caspar/Ashe

Linhardt/Marianne

Dorothea/Manuela

Bernadetta/Alois

Claude/Lorenz

Claude/Hilda

Lorenz/Leonie

Lorenz/Hilda

Hilda/Marianne

Ignatz/Raphael

Lysithea/Hanneman

Dimitri/Dedue

Dimitri/Felix

Dimitri/Sylvain

Dimitri/Gilbert

Felix/Ingrid

Sylvain/Ingrid

Annette/Mercedes

Annette/Gilbert

Manuela/Hanneman

Shamir/Cyril

Shamir/Catherine

Seteth/Flayn

My memory is starting to get a little fuzzy about these since I decided to take a break from the game before continuing with my playthroughs of the Blue Lions and Church routes. Additionally, I definitely rushed more through my Golden Deer playthrough and experimented less, so I know I definitely missed several obvious ones. If I'm also wrong about some of these existing, definitely do correct me. My hat goes off to the writers for having this incredible amount of character detail to reward experimentation and replayability.

The GameFAQS post I linked to had some other combinations, but I didn't encounter them myself yet. I'll add them in as I encounter them. If verified by other people, perhaps I'll actually come back to edit this post to make it an in-progress full list of special character interactions in non-battle situations.

Just wanted to query everybody else to see other neat out-of-battle dialog y'all encountered.

EDIT 09/18/19: Share a Meal and Group Task conversations are tentatively complete. I don't think there is unique choir dialog. I think the choir part may have been not fully finished to the vision of the game designers because of time constraints. Because of the display of the motivation bar, I think the game designers originally probably planned for choir to also restore motivation. Would make sense that it would do so alongside share a meal.

Edited by pekingduck
completed unique dialog

Annette and Mercedes have a special meal convo that I even noticed changed when they hit B, spoilers about this below

Spoiler

They get into an argument in their B support and I recall them being silent or quite brief during the next meal I sat them down in. Didn't end up getting A before I finished the game so I don't know what happens if they reach A

They have another new dialogue after A rank. 

Some more I know of not mentioned:

Dimitri/Dedue

Dimitri/Felix

Flayn/Seteth

Bernadetta/Alois

Weekly group tasks with some special dialogues include:

Ingrid/Sylvain 

Bernadetta/Alois

Lorenz/Marianne

Ashe/Felix

Edelgard/Ferdinand

Bernie ADORES Alois. She’s always thrilled when paired with him. 

I've only seen share a meal ones:

Linhardt/Caspar (dialogue changes post-timeskip)

Linhardt/Marianne (I've only seen the post-timeskip for this but presumably they have one pre-timeskip)

Seteth/Flayn

Shamir/Cyril

Claude/Lorenz

Claude/Hilda

Hilda/Lorenz

Hilda/Marianne

Manuela/Dorothea

Manuela/Hanneman

Dorothea/Ferdinand

I think that's all the ones I remember that haven't been mentioned.

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

They have another new dialogue after A rank. 

Some more I know of not mentioned:

Dimitri/Dedue

Dimitri/Felix

Flayn/Seteth

Bernadetta/Alois

Weekly group tasks with some special dialogues include:

Ingrid/Sylvain 

Bernadetta/Alois

Lorenz/Marianne

Ashe/Felix

Edelgard/Ferdinand

Bernie ADORES Alois. She’s always thrilled when paired with him. 

Thank you! Will edit those in, as well. Altrosa, are the first cluster of dialogues you mentioned for Share a Meal?

I'm wondering if there is also one between Mercedes and Alois because of their fun support progression.

I had Edelgard and Ferdinand already for Group Tasks. I know for sure it changes for sure post time-skip, but I don't quite remember if there is also another change for A supports. It seems that Claude/Hilda, Claude/Lorenz, and Lorenz/Hilda also have multiple changes, and I don't remember enough to tease apart whether they were support-dependent changes, time-skip dependent changes, or both.

Edited by pekingduck

38 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I've only seen share a meal ones:

Linhardt/Caspar (dialogue changes post-timeskip)

Linhardt/Marianne (I've only seen the post-timeskip for this but presumably they have one pre-timeskip)

Seteth/Flayn

Shamir/Cyril

Claude/Lorenz

Claude/Hilda

Hilda/Lorenz

Hilda/Marianne

Manuela/Dorothea

Manuela/Hanneman

Dorothea/Ferdinand

I think that's all the ones I remember that haven't been mentioned.

Thanks! Because of the unique Linhardt/Marianne Share a Meal and Group Task dialog, I'm also now wondering if there is one for Linhardt/Lysithea.

10 hours ago, pekingduck said:

Thank you! Will edit those in, as well. Altrosa, are the first cluster of dialogues you mentioned for Share a Meal?

No problem, and yes. Annette and Mercedes have a new dialogue during meals after their B and A supports. 

7 hours ago, pekingduck said:

Do you have a link for that? Always wanted to get more into data-mining for FE games.

And edit: I think above is the complete list of Share a Meal dialogs.

I am try to find out the exactly quotes too.

I have seen on GameFaq and some Chinese forum datamining people posted a few of them before but didn't download the screenshots,

and stating Rhea actually has completed package, including unit selection, level up, crit, level 99 and instruction and her unique classes (Archbishop -> Saint)

I have sent request to see if someone posted a complete list of them.

I will get back to you if someone contacted me for my requests.

Edited by Timlugia

https://samurai-gamers.com/fire-emblem-three-houses/rhea-tea-party-guide/

Rhea Tea time conversation datamines

Spoiler

One of her questions is very interesting

“I, too, like to spread my wings from time to time. Doing so in your company is a treat.”

So not only Byleth is aware of her identity, Byleth clearly can transform into a winged dragon too.

Hopefully this is one of new classes they rumored for DLC.

Edited by Timlugia

Byleth has a dancer model, so I assumed it was that, myself. Three Houses lacking beast/manakete classes could open up those slots, and Byleth lacks a second personal promotion after Enlightened One. (I personally want a dark rider type of class since none of the flyer classes are mages)

Rhea has the whole 9 yards half programmed into the game, tea time, meals, archbishop to saint class promos, battle dialogue for level ups. Sothis and Jeralt have crit and level up promos, too. 

Rhea seems likely as a playable character, but right now it looks like it’s just cut content since Rhea appears as an ally and enemy plenty of times in combat. 

Edited by Altrosa

6 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Byleth has a dancer model, so I assumed it was that, myself. Three Houses lacking beast/manakete classes could open up those slots, and Byleth lacks a second personal promotion after Enlightened One. (I personally want a dark rider type of class since none of the flyer classes are mages)

Rhea has the whole 9 yards half programmed into the game, tea time, meals, archbishop to saint class promos, battle dialogue for level ups. Sothis and Jeralt have crit and level up promos, too. 

Rhea seems likely as a playable character, but right now it looks like it’s just cut content since Rhea appears as an ally and enemy plenty of times in combat. 

I was really surprised to find out that even Death Knight has tea time programmed it. The tea time model looks hilarious, big armor crammed into a little seat.

Edited by pekingduck
typo

23 minutes ago, pekingduck said:

I was really surprised to find out that even Death Knight has team time programmed it. The tea time model looks hilarious, big armor crammed into a little seat.

I don't think he has. It's just an animation which the dataminers reuse for different models not an unique one. You can especially see it with sothis where her model is totally unfitting for tea time but she still has the animation.At least as far as I know it's just a generic reused animation

Rhea and Jeralt have unique dialogue for tea time on the other hand

Edited by Hauke

After testing some of the most obvious combinations of characters, I'm thinking that there is no unique dialog for the choir practice. I saw some people report on a few other websites that they had seen unique choir practice dialog before, but they also were not able to name specific character pairs. Do contradict me if I am wrong. For the time being, assuming that there is no unique choir practice dialog, otherwise.

Just wanted to provide an update in that I think I got all the unique Group Task and Share a Meal dialog pairs down. Pruned a few from Group Task. I'm again just so surprised by how much unique situation-dependent voiced dialog there is in this game. What a monumental effort done in such a short amount of time. Also, been going back and forth between the English and Japanese dialog, and while I feel the English voice acting is generally good, I think the casting was a little more on point in the Japanese voices. The Japanese voices of Dedue and Felix feel like much better fits, for instance.

Did a lot of resetting. Found no additional pairs that were not included in the Youtube videos, which makes sense, as I imagine Meloo, the guy who posted on Youtube, probably already confirmed himself via data mining.

I'm again so impressed with the game developers. For better or worse (on the rare occasion worse when I really want to jump into the next battle but am held back by my completionist instincts), there is just so much character stuff happening outside of battle.

There's also listing all of the unique battle dialog and the situation-dependent monastery dialog (for example, before the ball, based on who was picked/was not picked), but that's too much of a monumental effort for me to go through at this point, and fireemblemwiki.org seems to have people working through it bit-by-bit again. The fact that the unique dialog in all aspects of the game has not been totally unearthed a couple months now after the release of the game is a testament to how much dialog there is in this game and how many lines the voice actors had to record!