Create Your Dream Wedding

XRay

I will be visiting Toronto around the end of September because my cousin is getting married! I never been to a wedding before though, so this will be my first time. I have not met his fiancee, so this will be my first time seeing her too.

So, do you guys have a dream wedding?

As a dude, I have not put much thought into my wedding and I just want my wedding to be cheap, simple, and intimate. I want a backyard wedding where we barbecue or have a potluck, and we just relax and have fun playing games, watching movies, etc. I only want close friends to attend and maybe some family. This might be messed up, but I prefer that my parents to not attend, but I am fine with my cousins attending.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I just want my wedding to be cheap, simple, and intimate. I want a backyard wedding where we barbecue or have a potluck, and we just relax and have fun playing games, watching movies, etc. I only want close friends to attend and maybe some family.

Basically this. I don't want a big fancy thing.

I'll take a quiet civil union and a reception with our folks and maybe close friends afterwards over an ornate wedding myself. 'Course, I'd need to start dating before that happened.

yeah my wedding already happened!

I guess I'd say my dream wedding would be outdoors in perfect sunny weather that isn't too hot but ESPECIALLY not too humid and just surrounded by pretty trees and/or flowers. Just very mystical and elven-forest-princess style (edit: shit like THIS)

it's just... the reason it's a "dream" is because I'd also feel too stressed holding such a huge and expensive event and enjoy small and homey events for myself, so our wedding was much more practical and affordable and was placed in somewhere that was meaningful for us

and hey, that was that brewery's first wedding! and another wedding took place there after us and given that our pictures were posted to facebook after our wedding we think we may have inspired another couple to do the same thing lol

Edited by Freohr Datia

On 9/14/2019 at 2:01 PM, Integrity said:

my dream wedding was officiated by my sister in a brewery, but i didn't get to do any drinking, but then i went home and drank a lot and played board games

Why not? Were you DD? My friends and I usually offer to drive so the birthday person or the lucky occasion person can drink to their heart's content.

8 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

Just very mystical and elven-forest-princess style (edit: shit like THIS)

Looking at those pictures makes me shudder. That indeed looks stressful and expensive. And so many people!

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I didn't know @ Integrity and @ Freohr Datia were a married couple. That's neat!

yeah! we even met through sf (although we mostly didn't start bonding until we both needed a monster hunter buddy to play with...)

I didn't even like him back when he joined

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Looking at those pictures makes me shudder. That indeed looks stressful and expensive. And so many people!

YEAH although tbf I wouldn't have wanted the "venue" to be that enormous

although, as for the lots of people, crowds don't bother me! Weirdly I'm the one (well ok, not the only one) introvert and person with social anxiety that feels more comfortable in crowds than in small groups... Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I don't have that many friends 😛

Edited by Freohr Datia

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Why not? Were you DD? My friends and I usually offer to drive so the birthday person or the lucky occasion person can drink to their heart's content.

a gorillion dudes from sf showed to my wedding and i offered to drive out of pure dumb courtesy

30 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

yeah! we even met through sf (although we mostly didn't start bonding until we both needed a monster hunter buddy to play with...)

i didn't say a goddamn word to her except for bitching about how sf member emerald fox wasn't playing monster hunter tri with me, and then she said dude quit your bitching i'll play with you on irc, and that's how everything started

1 hour ago, Freohr Datia said:

Awwwww! Relationship goals! I'm probably gonna meet mine online too...

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my cousin's wedding. It was nice. It is like a fusion of a Chinese wedding and a normal western wedding. There was a tea serving ceremony a little after noon where the groom and bride serve tea to their older relatives and the older people gave the couple red envelopes. I never saw the tea serving thing in Chinese weddings in their media before, so it was interesting to see it for the first time.

Afterwards, it is just a normal wedding that you see in media where the groom, groomsmen, bridesmaids, and the bride and her dad walk down the aisle. The priest led the ceremony and made the couple say their vows.

After that, people had drinks and appetizers in like the foyer area. And then after that, we went to the great hall and hear speeches while we wait for the food and have dinner. I drank a beer, three shots of whiskey, a glass of champagne, and who knows how many glasses of red wine.

My cousin's wife had to switch outfits like at least three times (two different outfits for the two ceremonies, and the third one for the dinner). Seems like a pain in the ass as a guy, but I hope she enjoyed it. She spent hours doing make up and stuff, and I would die of boredom if I am forced to go through what she did. The white wedding dress also looked super difficult to walk in, but it does look pretty.

Although the whole thing is nice, it is definitely not my dream wedding. I had a lot of fun and I enjoyed it, but I think it is too stuffy and formal for my own wedding. I prefer mine to be super casual and cheap.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:55 AM, XRay said:

As a dude, I have not put much thought into my wedding and I just want my wedding to be cheap, simple, and intimate. I want a backyard wedding where we barbecue or have a potluck, and we just relax and have fun playing games, watching movies, etc. I only want close friends to attend and maybe some family.

basically this. 

You know? Cheap is for the real. If I am to have a dream wedding, whatever sort my heart desires, well...

I want to have massive statues of gold and a giant truck bearing a massive feast. I shall drive through deprived places of the nation and, with the friends and family of myself and my beloved along with the unfortunate, shall partake in a daylong celebration in which food is in abundance for all, and money is given generously to all who require it, the whole display of such magnitude that the Hajj of Mansa Musa would seem trifling by comparison. Baroque music will accompany this series of days in which my beloved and I shall be without worry and give the same gift of carefree rest to others, and give it abundantly.

Of course I'll be wearing a pink suit.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

You know? Cheap is for the real. If I am to have a dream wedding, whatever sort my heart desires, well...

I want to have massive statues of gold and a giant truck bearing a massive feast. I shall drive through deprived places of the nation and, with the friends and family of myself and my beloved along with the unfortunate, shall partake in a daylong celebration in which food is in abundance for all, and money is given generously to all who require it, the whole display of such magnitude that the Hajj of Mansa Musa would seem trifling by comparison. Baroque music will accompany this series of days in which my beloved and I shall be without worry and give the same gift of carefree rest to others, and give it abundantly.

Of course I'll be wearing a pink suit.

this

If there was someone I so deeply desired out there, and such a person desired me in turn, I'd keep it small and simple I think. I'm not really one for big gatherings, nor being the star of attention, I'm a little too introverted for that. I mean it being grandiose is an absolutely fun idea, but the atmosphere might ruin my nerves, possibly to tears of discomfort.

All I'd really want to ask for, is that it be verdant. A nice day, warm, but not hot, with a fine landscape to take in. T'would be good in the Spring, with trees abloom. I guess a botanical garden then? 😆 I like museums, but I feel they'd be a little too stuffy. Or perhaps I'd see about Washington DC during the heyday of the cherry blossoms.

I'd instead save my money for a dedicated Christmas house I'd visit only from late November to early January. I dream of having a glorious house somewhere snowy whose entire raison for ownership would be to have a place trapped perfectly in the ideal of Christmas festivity. Decoration from ceiling to floor and all over the house's exterior, with a Snow Village collection set up somewhere.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer