Maddening mode is out

Nobody

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, Kostas map in the Red Canyon is serious, I'm going to try it for the 3rd time. Levelling up is more difficult now, I got almost no exp from the first Aux battle. Also the game throws at you Lv9-11 units with Lancebreaker+, Pass and Poison Strike. They can easily double most of your units. Too bad I can't buy battalions yet.

I'm doing it on Golden Deer route btw with Female Byleth, no NG+(I'm taking on the challenge). Recruited Sylvain already, so my defensive frontline is a Lv3 Leonie-Sylvain combo. 

So that being said, my Hard/Classic no Pulse run is on hold right now.

So nothing on the supposed bug that caused the game to crash when saving on the prep screen during the Silver Maiden paralogue? Is that still a thing (assuming it was in the first place)?

For anyone wondering what you're in store for.

Deer Ch. 1: Claude vs. Ashe

Spoiler

2019091108501600-0DC6ECE91CF3F6F02BAFC002E3FFBAAD.thumb.jpg.44f6b57af9feefc0b92cb43b9d47a394.jpg
2019091108502100-0DC6ECE91CF3F6F02BAFC002E3FFBAAD.thumb.jpg.798b349f5e5e5e64c52785e10b60944d.jpg

The stat inflation is kinda extreme. Gaining Spd from the prologue wouldn't save Claude from getting doubled.
In other words, Raphael new meta. Best early game, best end game. trololololol

I was gonna say we’ve only hit Awakening territory if we have to reload the chapter due to RNG ability loadouts. And even then that was Lunatic+. Although I’ve always considered “just make the enemies frustratingly deadly” the lazy way of increasing difficulty, I’ve never quite come up with a true alternative that doesn’t make things tedious or change the fundamental strategy of the game. It’s not like everyone’s packing Commander/Counterattack etc. it seems so it doesn’t look overtly cheap right now.

More starting renown in NG+ is the change I'm liking the most tbh, NG+ is all about messing with the game, and we now have the tools to do so.

For anyone wondering btw, the title screen change is just a slight color change

I'll see when I get the time to play around in Maddening, hoping it's not unfair though, there has to be a middle ground between stupidly easy and stupidly impossible.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, for someone who got 3H a week ago and hasn't touched it yet, yay or nay to a Maddening first run? -Or does 3H have the same problem as FEs 12 and 3- a BIG jump in difficulty from Hard to the next level of challenge?

It looks like a pretty sizable jump so I’d say it depends on how much you trust yourself. There are a quite a few new gameplay features you may want to experiment with but the fundamentals of the game are still there.

4 minutes ago, timon said:

More starting renown in NG+ is the change I'm liking the most tbh, NG+ is all about messing with the game, and we now have the tools to do so.

For anyone wondering btw, the title screen change is just a slight color change

I'll see when I get the time to play around in Maddening, hoping it's not unfair though, there has to be a middle ground between stupidly easy and stupidly impossible.

I was just gonna say, 10000 renown from the start is ludicrously generous if you’re after difficulty (unless acquisition costs are higher) but much more fun for customization. Probably with one exception I’ll stick to standard NG for difficulty runs.

11 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

What would be the color of the loungewear during in Silver Snow?

It's black from what I've seen from posts on twitter.

5 minutes ago, Jakkun said:

With all these gorilla level stats, will my boy Dedue finally have a niche? Sounds like that overkill defense will actually come in clutch here...

I'm only 4 chapters in, but Dedue has been an absolute beast so far. At least in BL, him, Dimitri, Byleth, and Felix are the only units who aren't immediately wilting at the first enemy who looks at them funny. Not sure how useful he'll be later on, but my opinion of him has skyrocketed fairly quickly. 

16 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I'm only 4 chapters in, but Dedue has been an absolute beast so far. At least in BL, him, Dimitri, Byleth, and Felix are the only units who aren't immediately wilting at the first enemy who looks at them funny. Not sure how useful he'll be later on, but my opinion of him has skyrocketed fairly quickly. 

Yeah from what that sounds like, he's gonna be integral for at least the early game. My next concern is if he'd be able to keep tanking like a champ in the long term in War Master. My fear with him is that the enemies could get so swole later on that he loses his tank niche. Of course, only time will tell on that front.

If War Master Dedue ends up being viable on Maddening, I wonder if he'll have enough time to get Quick Riposte, since that would also go along way in making him tank like a champ.