Smash Bros. Boss Creation Thread

Perkilator

I had an old thread like this back in Forum Games, bit it just kinda...died. Anyways, I got this idea after a contest of this nature ended on Smashboards. Here's the template:

Boss: 

Game of Origin: 

What does the boss do?

Strategy:

Setting: 

Intro/Defeat:

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?

Where would this boss be in World of Light?

As much as I would dislike seeing more Awakening pandering, I have to admit that this would be a cool Smash Bros. Boss Fight:

Boss: Grima

Game of Origin: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Setting: Grima isn't just the boss, he's the stage. The fight takes place on his back: a slightly rounded platform with a sheer drop on both sides. In the background is the rest of his back, with his wings, neck and head plainly visible. His neck is turned in a 180-degree bend and his head is facing player character. Like in Awakening, his head changes shape as he takes damage. 

What the Boss Does: As I said; Grima is the stage and the boss. While his main dragon body acts as the stage, his Possessed-Robin body levitates above and around the stage. He floats around and flies around. When it stops moving, it is getting ready to unleash an attack. Some of his attacks are unleashed by the Robin body, and some are unleashed by the dragon body. 

Possessed Robin Attacks:

• Fell-Wind: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-right corner and unleashes large dark purple arcs diagonally such that they go further and further across the stage. 
  • Fell-Fire: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-left corner and unleashes a group of large dark-purple fires onto random parts of the stage. 
  • Fell-Thunder: Possessed-Robin floats in the top-middle of the screen and unleashes a dark-purple thunderstorm upon the stage (a series of vertical lightning strikes).
  • Aversa's Night: Possessed-Robin floats behind the player character and attempts to grab them with a ranged attack. If successful, Grima then drains HP from the player character in a manner similar to Nosferatu, but even stronger. 

Fell Dragon Grima Attacks: 

• Expiration: Grima's eyes glow, the area the player character is currently at is targeted, and Grima unleashes a Fell Breath attack upon that part of the stage. 
  • Flying Beast: Grima turns sharply mid-flight;  tilting his body strongly to the left or right and making the player have to grab the top corner of the stage or slide off and plummet. 

Strategy: The player must attack the Possessed-Robin body to damage Grima. It can be difficult to hit him while he's moving, so the best time to do so occurs when he's unleashing an attack.

• If he uses Fell-Wind, get underneath him and attack using up-air.
  • If he uses Fell-Fire, avoid the fire (they're too big to side-step through) and hit him. 
  • If he uses Fell-Thunder, wait for the lightning to stop, and then strike. 
  • If he uses Aversa's Night, shield or side-step the projectile and hit him during his lag. 
  • If he uses Expiration, quickly get away from the attack and hit Robin. 
  • If he uses Flying Beast, attack him only if you're sure you can get back to the corner-ledge. 

Intro/Defeat: For the intro, Possessed-Robin appears in a dark portal on Grima's back. Once his HP is reduced to zero, Possessed-Robin slowly falls onto the stage and falls forward on his belly while Grima's head thrashes and cries out in pain before the body crash-lands onto a field in Ylisse. 

Who Fights This Boss in Classic Mode: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin (to represent fighting Anankos). 

Location in the World of Light: the World of Darkness, naturally. Beyond that, I have no idea. 

Basically, I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential in the final chapter of Awakening with having the fight be on the back of the very dragon they're trying to kill, and this is a reflection of that potential. What do you think? Is anything unclear, or is there a way it could perhaps be improved?

Edited by vanguard333

• 2 weeks later...

Boss: Torkdrift

Game of Origin: Super Mario Odyssey

What does the boss do?

-Brick Maker: Torkdrift creates two impassible brick blocks on either side of it. They can be destroyed in a few hits, which is necessary to deal damage to it from the bottom.

-Laser Beam: Torkdrift fires a small laser at where the player is (11%, OK knockback)

-Laser Ring: Torkdrift a series of fast laser rings (14%, medium knockback) can be avoided by jumping onto brick platforms that spawn during the fight on either side. When Torkdrift fires one group of four laser rings, one of them will destroy the platforms (17%, medium knockback).

-Upper Shield: Torkdrift protects its head with a force field whenever the player manages to get there (1%, OK knockback).

-Flower Tornado: Torkdrift swirls a group of flowers together and two small tornadoes swiftly move to the left and right (12%, OK knockback)

Strategy: When Torkdrift summons the breakable brick blocks, attack them as much as you can to make it vulnerable while it’s upside down, as they only need a few hits. When it starts using laser rings, climb up to the brick platforms to deal damage to the head before it summons the force field.

Setting/Intro: The boss arena from Steam Gardens; Torkdrift slowly floats down from above and opens its eyes, ready to battle.

Defeat: Just like in Super Mario Odyssey.

-Samus

-Ness

-Daisy

-Olimar

-Village

-Shulk

-Isabelle

-Piranha Plant

Music: Torkdrift Battle (New Remix)

Edited by Perkilator

On 9/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, Perkilator said:

Boss: Torkdrift

Game of Origin: Super Mario Odyssey

What does the boss do?

-Brick Maker: Torkdrift creates two impassible brick blocks on either side of it. They can be destroyed in a few hits, which is necessary to deal damage to it from the bottom.

-Laser Beam: Torkdrift fires a small laser at where the player is (11%, OK knockback)

-Laser Ring: Torkdrift a series of fast laser rings (14%, medium knockback) can be avoided by jumping onto brick platforms that spawn during the fight on either side. When Torkdrift fires one group of four laser rings, one of them will destroy the platforms (17%, medium knockback).

-Upper Shield: Torkdrift protects its head with a force field whenever the player manages to get there (1%, OK knockback).

-Flower Tornado: Torkdrift swirls a group of flowers together and two small tornadoes swiftly move to the left and right (12%, OK knockback)

Strategy: When Torkdrift summons the breakable brick blocks, attack them as much as you can to make it vulnerable while it’s upside down, as they only need a few hits. When it starts using laser rings, climb up to the brick platforms to deal damage to the head before it summons the force field.

Setting/Intro: The boss arena from Steam Gardens; Torkdrift slowly floats down from above and opens its eyes, ready to battle.

Defeat: Just like in Super Mario Odyssey.

-Samus

-Ness

-Daisy

-Olimar

-Village

-Shulk

-Isabelle

-Piranha Plant

Music: Torkdrift Battle (New Remix)

Cool. Admittedly, I haven't played Odyssey, but this sounds interesting. 

By the way, what did you think of my idea of Grima as a boss?

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Cool. Admittedly, I haven't played Odyssey, but this sounds interesting. 

By the way, what did you think of my idea of Grima as a boss?

Not a bad idea. Just needs a bit more diversity among the roster (as in characters from other series). Maybe someone like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Hero...just to name a few.

Edited by Perkilator

9 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Not a bad idea. Just needs a bit more diversity among the roster (as in characters from other series). Maybe someone like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Hero...just to name a few.

By diversity among the roster, do you mean characters that would fight it in classic mode?

I so, then I guess... Hm... who else fights a dark dragon and/or a dark mage as a major boss in one of their respective games?

DQ Hero (I haven't played Dragon Quest, but I'm willing to bet that an evil dragon and dark wizard have been final bosses at some point in the series), and Pit and Palutena (Hades). 

51 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

By diversity among the roster, do you mean characters that would fight it in classic mode?

I so, then I guess... Hm... who else fights a dark dragon and/or a dark mage as a major boss in one of their respective games?

DQ Hero (I haven't played Dragon Quest, but I'm willing to bet that an evil dragon and dark wizard have been final bosses at some point in the series), and Pit and Palutena (Hades). 

I listed Ganondorf (both lords of darkness) and Mewtwo (technically controlled by Grima). Pit sounds good, but Palutena…I think would be better suited for Ganon.

Name: Guzzlord

Game of origin: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon (2016)

What does the boss do?
-Dragon Tail: Guzzlord lashes his tail out towards the player (23%, medium knockback), followed by purple shockwaves (17% each, OK knockback)

-Dragon Breath: Guzzlord shoots purple steam out from one of his arms, which can stun the player if they get caught in it (22%, no knockback)

-Crunch: Following immediately after Dragon Breath if successful, Guzzlord uses a different arm to bite the player (15%, OK knockback)

-Hammer Arm: Guzzlord swings his right arm down, which has a meteor effect (17%, medium knockback)

-Gastro Acid: Guzzlord shoots green acid globs at the player from both his arms one at a time. If you're fighting this as someone like Pokémon Trainer or Joker (provided the latter doesn't block it with Rebel's Guard), their abilities will be disabled for a few seconds (13%, small knockback)

-Thief: Recovery items will appear during the fight (Maxim Tomatoes at 50% or lower, Heart Containers at 100% or higher, sometimes both). Guzzlord will try to snatch them and eat them up (14%, no--small knockback)

-Stockpile: If Guzzlord grabs the healing items, he will recover some HP. If he grabs the player, he will chew them before spitting them out (18%, medium knockback)

-Dragon Rage: Guzzlord's most powerful attack; he creates a giant purple orb of dragon energy and sends it down to the targeted area. If it hits you successfully, it will keep hitting you until it disappears (40%, far knockback)

Strategy: Guzzlord's attacks are powerful but slow. Dodge them whenever they are indicated as you wail on the monstrous Ultra Beast.

Setting/Intro: The Ultra Ruin, a ruined city ravaged by Guzzlord. Guzzlord appears out of an Ultra Wormhole and roars as he lands on the ground.

Defeat: Guzzlord writhes in agony as he is pushed back into the Ultra Wormhole.

-Samus

-Kirby

-Pikachu

-Peach

-Lucina

-Pit

-Ike (To Challenge Ashnard)

-Wii Fit Trainer

-Corrin

-Ridley

-King K. Rool

-Incineroar

-Banjo-Kazooie (Vs. Lord Woo Fak Fak)

MusicBattle! Ultra Beast

• 3 weeks later...

Boss: Egg Emperor

Game of Origin: Sonic Heroes (2003)

What does the boss do?

-Lance Slash: Eggman slashes both horizontally and vertically. The horizontal ones travel somewhat fast and home in on the player (12% each, small knockback) while the vertical ones travel slightly slower and don’t home in (14% each, OK knockback)

-Egg Rockets: Eggman fires about 5-7 rockets at the platform (15% each, OK knockback) that are telegraphed by red crosshairs on the ground

-Shield Charge: Eggman swoops into the background and rams into the targeted area with great speed and force (38%, far knockback and can even screen K.O. you if your damage is high enough)

-Egg Fleet Cannons: The Egg Fleet fires four cannons-one at a time-downwards to the area indicated by a red crosshair. They will hit the player multiple times until they explode (5-7% each hit, 41% total, far knockback)

-Shoulder Platforms (based off the ones on the Egg Viper): Eggman ejects two spiked shoulder pads off the Emperor’s shoulders and pushes them towards you, depending on which direction he’s facing. The spikes on the bottom of the pads (14% each, OK knockback) need to be jumped over when they slide over the pad you’re standing on. Alternatively, flames will disperse from the spike-less sides (15% each, OK knockback) when you stand on the for too long. When you fall off the platforms and back on the ground, they go back to Eggman’s shoulders.

-Klagen Storm: Eggman sends in four Klagens of two types: the purple one drops bombs (16% each, OK knockback) and clings to the player to the blast zone if they don’t escape. The green ones generate an electric shield to protect themselves as they ram into the player (14%, OK knockback)

Strategy: Eggman doesn’t use some of these attacks very frequently, but when he DOES is a good time to dodge. Jumping onto and off of the Shoulder Platforms and hitting Eggman with a strong enough attack will cancel out the attack instantly.

Setting/Intro: The Egg Fleet, the final level of Sonic Heroes. The fight takes place on a giant platform with wheels that move along a circular rail ring. Eggman appears into the Emperor’s lower half in his Egg Mobile. The top half comes down and Eggman gets into his fighter stance.

Defeat: The Egg Emperor explodes and Eggman retreats on the Egg Mobile.

Quotes:

“Hahaha! Time to meet your maker!” (Intro; makes a sinister grin)

“What? You again?” (Vs. Mario, Bowser or Sonic; makes an annoyed face)

“Hmph! Such shoddy villainy!” (Vs. any other villain)

Alternatively: “Pfft, amateur. I’ll show you what real evil is!”

“So that’s the Monado, huh? Bring it, blondie!” (Vs. Shulk)

“Say hi to my previous failure for me!” (Vs. Dark Samus, R.O.B. or Mega Man)

”There’ll be no victory unless one of us falls today!” (Vs  Edelgard)

“Take this!” (Sometimes when using Air Slash)

“Ohoho! Give up!” (When using Egg Rockets)

”Burn!” (When using Egg Rockets)

“Chaaarge!” (When charging from the background)

“Fire awaaaay!” (When summoning the Egg Fleet Cannons)

“I’ll blow you to pieces!” (When summoning the Egg Fleet Cannons)

“Let’s see how you deal with this!” (When summoning his shoulder platforms)

”Time for a change of pace!” (When summoning his shoulder platforms)

“Get ‘em, boys!” (When using Klagen Storm)

“Cavalry, foorward!” (When using Klagen Storm)

”Don’t think this is over yet!” (When below 3/4 his health)

“Urrrgh…! Bah, I’m not going down so easily!” (When below half health)

“Defeated again…? Impossible! Nooooo…!” (When defeated)

-Falco (above the sky in dark clouds)

-Ganondorf (iconic villain)

-Wario (fat mustached villain)

-Sonic (of course)

-King Dedede (emperors are considered royalty)

-Mega Man (teamed up with Dr. Wily once; plays We’re the Robots, and Dr. Wily appears during the fight)

-Cloud (fleet of flying vehicles)

-Joker (closer resemblance to Yaldaboth; plays Our Beginning)

-Newcomer: Edelgard (battle of Emperors; plays Apex of the World (Rain))

Music: Egg Emperor (New Remix)

Edited by Perkilator

Boss: Klaus Walz and Crymaria

Game of Origin: Valkyria Chronicles 4

Setting: An Ice sheet with freezing cold water on the edges. 

What the Boss Does: This boss is multi-layered. Klaus Walz pilots his tank, the Vulcan, from the inside, while Crymaria stands on top of it near the back. The tank is relatively slow-moving at first, and they will rotate between the tank attacking using its gun, and Crymaria shooting ice projectiles. Crymaria can be attacked normally, but The Vulcan (i.e. Klaus) can only take damage if the radiator at the top of the tank is hit. As this boss is two people, it has two health bars: one for Klaus, the other for Crymaria. If Crymaria is defeated first, Klaus Walz will speed up: using not just the tank gun, but the tank itself to try to defeat you. If Klaus is defeated first, then Crymaria gets off the tank, levitates, and goes berserk: her magic ice turns red, her attacks become more frequent and aggressive, and she gains some new magical attacks. She also becomes more mobile; levitating just off the ground and moving around the stage. 

The Vulcan Attacks:

• Gatling Turret: The Gatling Turret at the front of the tank fires several rounds in quick succession. The shots do not have much knockback, but they can quickly raise % and they reduce one's ability to attack. This attack is disabled if one destroys the Gatling Turret (doing so will not damage The Vulcan). 
  • Shell: The Vulcan fires a shell from its main gun turret. This attack has a lot of knockback. 
  • Partnered Blitz (only available when Crymaria has > 0 HP): The Vulcan gets behind the stage and Crymaria's power is focused into the main turret. A rectangular marker appears somewhere on the ice sheet; this is the spot that is about to be struck with a Valkyrian Energy attack. Get out of it before the cannon fires. It will deal significant damage and knockback, as well as temporarily destroy the section of ice sheet; replacing it with freezing water. 
  • Ramming Speed (only available when Crymaria has 0 HP): The Vulcan zooms across the ice before turning around. This attack deals significant knockback and can only really be dodged by jumping. 

Crymaria Attacks: 

• Multi-Ray: Crymaria fires seven small ice projectiles from her staff in succession. These projectiles explode; dealing reasonable damage and knockback per hit. The upside (for the player) is that they move fairly slowly compared to other projectiles. In enraged state, the ice turns red and the projectiles are faster and deal more damage. 
  • Red Blizzard (Only available if enragedk): Crymaria unleashes a blizzard of red-ragnite-infused ice upon the whole area; dealing damage over time and slowing the player character's movement. This lasts for 30 seconds, or until the player character successfully hits the crystal in the staff. 
  • Ragnite Pulse (Only available if enraged): Crymaria unleashes a blast of energy in a semicircular arc around her; not unlike Tabuu's Off-Waves. It's only one attack (unlike the off-waves), but it is more powerful to compensate. 

Strategy: The player should figure out which one they can attack more easily and attack that one (or attack the other given how difficult you find phase 2). They should take great effort to dodge away from Crymaria's attacks, and jump away from the Vulcan's attacks while keeping clear of the cold water. Once one of them is defeated, the other gains an immense boost in key areas, so one must account for these:

• Klaus Walz's tank, The Vulcan, moves more quickly and overall becomes more aggressive, making it harder to hit the weak point on the roof. However, without Crymaria, The Vulcan has no means of attacking opponents that are above it; making it easier to avoid attacks in the air. Getting behind The Vulcan can protect the player from the Gatling Turret at the front of the tank, but not the main turret, as it can rotate. Much like if one were fighting Master Beast, care must be taken with positioning relative to The Vulcan. 
  • Crymaria's power fully unleashed increases her defences everywhere except her head. One should prioritize hitting the head. However, her attacks are frequent, aggressive, and can easily overwhelm a player. The player's best option is to destroy the crystal in the staff as often as they can, as this will cancel her attacks and briefly stun her; leaving her open to attack. However, one must be ready for her recovery, as she will immediately unleash Ragnite Pulse after recovering from being stunned. 

Intro/Defeat: For the intro, The Vulcan zooms onto the stage from the right, then Crymaria appears and levitates towards the stage from the left before flying over the player and getting on top of The Vulcan.

If The Vulcan is defeated first, it spirals into the background of the stage and wrecks before exploding. Crymaria will be horrified, before getting furious. Her eyes glow red, the crystal on her staff turns red, and the battle continues. Crymaria, upon being defeated, Yells, "Why?! Why, why, why?!" Before Klaus Walz appears and consoles her. 

If Crymaria is defeated first, she will be sent flying into an ice pillar and fall unconscious. Klaus Walz exits the tank and yells for her, then turns back to the player and gets back into the tank. Once Klaus Walz is defeated, the Vulcan explodes. Klaus Walz barely escapes the wreckage and crawls away; yelling for Crymaria before finally getting an answer.

Who Fights This Boss in Classic Mode: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Mii Gunner, Ice Climbers, Megaman, Cloud, Inkling, Snake, R.O.B. 

Location in the World of Light: an ice area, if there is one (I have yet to play Ultimate). 

Edited by vanguard333

Boss: Necrozma

Game of Origin: Pokémon Sun and Moon

What does the boss do?

-Confusion: Necrozma charges a psychic orb in its palms, and it bursts (16%, OK knockback), stunning the player if they’re on the ground.

-Psyshock: Necrozma summons psychic energy in random different sections of the arena, and they hit up to five times if the player is in the radius (3-7% each, small knockback)

-Gyro Ball: Necrozma lets its arms out and spins around vertically, travelling horizontally (18%, OK knockback)

-Protect: Necrozma covers itself in a crystalline barrier, greatly reducing the damage it takes to the point of only losing a fingernail of health.

-Prismatic Laser: Necrozma gets to one side of the arena and fires an array of light beams into an Ultra Wormhole, and three other ones appear at different angles appear every 3 seconds and beams rain down (35%, medium knockback)

-Psycho Cut: Necrozma creates a crescent in each arm and throws them at the player like boomerangs (19% each, OK knockback)

-Photon Geyser: Necrozma travels out to the center of the arena and juggles out five mini-suns that explode into sealed bursts of photon energy (22% each, medium knockback)

-Gravity Orb: Necrozma fires a blue-gold orb that drifts strictly where the player initially is. If it succeeds in hitting the player, it will be pushed diagonally downwards towards whatever ledge it was heading towards (25%, medium knockback)

-Trick Room: Necrozma forms a barrier around the player for two seconds, and then traps them if they’re not quick enough, leaving them open to Necrozma’s next attack. The barrier cannot be broken by the player’s attacks; only Necrozma’s, and it will stay up until attacked by Necrozma.

Strategy: Necrozma will start with Trick Room about 3 seconds in, so dash toward it as fast as you can so you can successfully avoid it. The only other attack you need truly worry about is Prismatic Laser, so get somewhere safe as soon as an Ultra Wormhole opens.

Setting/Intro: The top of Megalo Tower, where it is attempting to steal light. Necrozma rips its hands through an Ultra Wormhole and emerges through it.

Defeat: Necrozma writhes in pain as it goes back through the Ultra Wormhole from which it came.

-Fox (space creature)

-Pikachu (no explanation needed

-Ike (black crystalline body; plays Against the Black Knight)

-Lucas (psychic powers)

-Olimar (see Fox)

-Greninja (Psychic-types are weak to Dark-type moves)

-Corrin (see Ike)

MusicBattle! Ultra Necrozma

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Boss: Necrozma

Game of Origin: Pokémon Sun and Moon

What does the boss do?

-Confusion: Necrozma charges a psychic orb in its palms, and it bursts (16%, OK knockback), stunning the player if they’re on the ground.

-Psyshock: Necrozma summons psychic energy in random different sections of the arena, and they hit up to five times if the player is in the radius (3-7% each, small knockback)

-Gyro Ball: Necrozma lets its arms out and spins around vertically, travelling horizontally (18%, OK knockback)

-Protect: Necrozma covers itself in a crystalline barrier, greatly reducing the damage it takes to the point of only losing a fingernail of health.

-Prismatic Laser: Necrozma gets to one side of the arena and fires an array of light beams into an Ultra Wormhole, and three other ones appear at different angles appear every 3 seconds and beams rain down (35%, medium knockback)

-Psycho Cut: Necrozma creates a crescent in each arm and throws them at the player like boomerangs (19% each, OK knockback)

-Photon Geyser: Necrozma travels out to the center of the arena and juggles out five mini-suns that explode into sealed bursts of photon energy (22% each, medium knockback)

-Gravity Orb: Necrozma fires a blue-gold orb that drifts strictly where the player initially is. If it succeeds in hitting the player, it will be pushed diagonally downwards towards whatever ledge it was heading towards (25%, medium knockback)

-Trick Room: Necrozma forms a barrier around the player for two seconds, and then traps them if they’re not quick enough, leaving them open to Necrozma’s next attack. The barrier cannot be broken by the player’s attacks; only Necrozma’s, and it will stay up until attacked by Necrozma.

Strategy: Necrozma will start with Trick Room about 3 seconds in, so dash toward it as fast as you can so you can successfully avoid it. The only other attack you need truly worry about is Prismatic Laser, so get somewhere safe as soon as an Ultra Wormhole opens.

Setting/Intro: The top of Megalo Tower, where it is attempting to steal light. Necrozma rips its hands through an Ultra Wormhole and emerges through it.

Defeat: Necrozma writhes in pain as it goes back through the Ultra Wormhole from which it came.

Interesting.

I think it would make more sense for Trick Room to do what it does in Pokémon: reverse speed advantage. Ganondorf will suddenly find himself moving almost like he has a Bunny Hood, Fox will be walking around almost like he's turned into metal. But that might be tricky to implement. 

Also, it might be interesting to have him play around with the brightness, especially if he's fought at that tower. Perhaps, if the fight goes on for too long, he becomes Ultra Necrozma, and the area darkens even more. 

By the way, what did you think of my idea of Klaus Walz and Crymaria as a boss?

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting.

I think it would make more sense for Trick Room to do what it does in Pokémon: reverse speed advantage. Ganondorf will suddenly find himself moving almost like he has a Bunny Hood, Fox will be walking around almost like he's turned into metal. But that might be tricky to implement. 

Also, it might be interesting to have him play around with the brightness, especially if he's fought at that tower. Perhaps, if the fight goes on for too long, he becomes Ultra Necrozma, and the area darkens even more. 

By the way, what did you think of my idea of Klaus Walz and Crymaria as a boss?

I liked it!

Just now, Perkilator said:

I liked it!

Thanks. 

I found including the Valkyrian Energy Attack to be the hardest part to include. I wanted it to involve the rectangular target and the ice-destroying property, but I needed it to be something the player could avoid without it seeming like the boss it deliberately making it harder for themselves. 

Boss: Kraid

Game of Origin: Metroid (1986)

What does the boss do?

There are two floors of luscious green platforms on which you face Kraid. There’s the higher level (which Kraid will destroy at points) and the lower level, riddled with thorns next to the platforms (15%, OK knockback), where Kraid primarily attacks you.

Bottom Floor Attacks

-Spike Missile: Kraid shoots spikes out of each of his three belly buttons (17%, OK knockback). You can use the spikes as platforms, but you’ll have to jump off them up to the next level, as staying on them sends you straight to the blast zone.

-Acid Wave: Kraid slowly moves up, then plummets back down and splashes the venom sea all over the lower level (26%, medium knockback)

Top Floor Attacks

-Claw Throw: Kraid throws both claws on either hand, one at a time, after charging them with a bit of energy (16%, OK knockback)

-Rock Spit: Kraid spits out four rocks; sometimes they favor the player, and other times they favor the platforms they’re on (19%, OK knockback)

-Eye Protection; Kraid covers his eyes with his left hand, and counters with a slash from his right hand (17%, OK knockback)

Attacks on Both Floors

-Acid Swipe: Kraid takes venom into his left hand and slashes upwards when the player gets too close (18%, OK knockback)

-Thorn Snake: A thorn with a poisonous spike at the traveling end comes from one side of the lower level and slithers around the platforms on the lower level (19% from the thorn, 20% from the spike, OK knockback) and thrusts into platforms on the top floor (21%, medium knockback)

The platforms on the top row grow back, but how long they take to grow depends on how badly they were damaged in the first place.

Strategy: Kraid’s claws can be reflected back at him, so do it if you can; other wise, they can be jumped over with ease. The spikes from his belly buttons can also be used as an evasion method if some attacks on the top floor seem like too much for you. You can also willingly let him destroy the right platform on the top floor so you can goad him into vulnerability.

Setting/Intro: Kraid’s Lair in Super Metroid, in Brinstar Jungle, with two floors of platforms surrounded by thorns and acid. Kraid rises from the ground, similarly to how he does in Super Metroid.

Defeat: Kraid explodes as he sinks back into the ground whence he came,

-Samus

-Ness

-Peach

-Wario

-Wii Fit Trainer

-Ridley

-King K. Rool (instead of Galleom)

-Hero

MusicBoss Battle 4 - Samus Returns