Fire Emblem Blazing Houses sucks (spoilers rant)

Zapp Branniglenn

Dumpster fire  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Lyn's route
    • Edelgard's route
    • I hate you so, so much for this thread

I can't believe they dropped the ball this hard on the game. I was so excited to play Lyn's route and can you blame me with how she's marketed more than the other two in trailers? Lyn's route is only TEN chapters long while the other two get at least twenty. We don't learn ANYTHING of substance about the Black Fang and there are NO cutscenes. Of course the Hector and Eliwood routes are longer and show us more of the world. We actually find out what was the deal with the dragon kids and those who sneak in the dark.

I knew I should have gone with my gut picking House Ostia. They've been having the best memes with hectorcoptors and Serra...

Edited by Glennstavos

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Wow.

Didn't think you were that stupid, @Light Strategist.

Yeah, me neither!

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Just in case: I wasn't attacking you personally. I was making a joke in reference to the video you posted.

You're fine. I was hoping someone would.

Lyn is a minor marchioness at best. Edelgard is an empress of an empire that united the continent. All hail my empress!

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Lyn is a minor marchioness at best. Edelgard is an empress of an empire that united the continent. All hail my empress!

Why is she called "emperor" ingame though? It bugs me.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Wait... WHAT did you just say!!!??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

That is indeed a good question. Why is she called "Emperor" Edelgard?

The German version puts her as "Kaiserin", which the the female version of "Kaiser" ("emperor" in ze land of ze Germans), so everything is alright there.

My theory is that they simply translated the Japanese 皇帝 (koutei), which means "emperor", and didn't think to put "empress" instead.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, Light Strategist said:

You're fine. I was hoping someone would.

Then I am glad I did!

Edited by DragonFlames

this is a good shitpost and this is what shitposts should be for

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That is indeed a good question. Why is she called "Emperor" Edelgard?

i won't speak for the translators' motivations, but there is precedent irl, albeit rare, for a monarch to just have a gender neutral title (usually the male one) in the generic, similar to how aphrodite is one of the greek gods, while she is a goddess, it's not really incorrect to refer to her as a god.

it also might just be a slightly half-baked 'hey it would be cool if the transition of power was so absolutely gender neutral that the title just didn't change at all' kind of thing

1 minute ago, Integrity said:

i won't speak for the translators' motivations, but there is precedent irl, albeit rare, for a monarch to just have a gender neutral title (usually the male one) in the generic, similar to how aphrodite is one of the greek gods, while she is a goddess, it's not really incorrect to refer to her as a god.

it also might just be a slightly half-baked 'hey it would be cool if the transition of power was so absolutely gender neutral that the title just didn't change at all' kind of thing

I've been using "deity" as gender neutral god/goddess, but this is a cool thought. We'd have to know about customs and politics in Adestria to be sure though. I assume it's gone into a bit in Eagles route?