For those curious, Terry Bogard's Playstyle and a rundown of KoF Mechanics

Jedi

These 3 videos are mine, just showing various things Terry can do, i'm no where near good, but I can at least show stuff off. 

This video goes into King of Fighters mechanics (and shows how some are similar to smash brothers). 

Youtuber and Streamer Protonjon also did a stream about the history of SNK. 

It is very long clocking in at roughly 5 hours. 

i recently played fatal fury 1 and am currently playing fatal fury 2

is it just me, or terry is much worse than, say, andy or joe?

anyway, i'm fine if terry's special moves keep their original imputs, i like them quite a lot

i wished for him to have a faster projectile

Edited by Yexin

I recently picked up the Garou: Mark of the Wolves port for Switch just to hype myself up for November(and because I've never played Garou before) and boy oh boy is it ever a good time. It's kinda weird playing Terry without his Rising Tackle, but Power Dunk gets the job done, plus it's very similar to Sol Badguy's Bandit Bringer which is good because I've play a lot of Guilty Gear in my day. With so many games to pull from I think we can safely say that Terry's in good hands.

Also speaking of Garou... SNK bring back Hotaru you cowards! She is so much fun to play as, how has she not been playable in a game since 2007?!

So he's just going to play like Ryu and Ken do then?

Not that I mind, since I find Ryu and Ken to be the easiest characters in the game to beat (unless they spam Hadoken, that is).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

2 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

It's kinda weird playing Terry without his Rising Tackle

Rock Howard took his Rising Tackle, that's why. XD

Not much of a Terry guy in KOF, but I really am looking forward to seeing how he'll perform in Smash.

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

anyway, i'm fine if terry's special moves keep their original imputs, i like them quite a lot

Uh about that, SNK isn't particularly consistent with a lot of their inputs besides some like Power Wave and the like, Terry's rising tackle, crack shoot and stuff seem to flip around how they're imputed like every other game.

For instance, sometimes Rising Tackle is a charge move, other times it's input is like a Shoryuken.

Good lord, I am so hyped for Terry In Smash. I would have preferred Kyo, but I'll take and SNK fighting game rep I can get. I'm going to main him regardless of his tier placement, so this should be fun.

I'M SO HYPED