Just giving a warning to players about Catherine and Ashe's paralogue... (also minor spoiler alert)

Anacybele

Okay, so I hated this one. I don't like the map or concept of it. Your group is thrown into the middle of a foggy area with no way of knowing where enemies are coming from and who they'll target and you have to just defend Rhea for 10 turns. I think it's so cheap and stupid.

I cleared it without much trouble, but...

I still ended up making a huge mistake. And so comes the warning I have to give people. I do not at all recommend doing this one during the dance contest month. I had entered Flayn into the contest and then did the paralogue. And now I no longer have her in my party because she was suddenly KO'd on the last turn in the enemy phase, where I could not use Divine Pulse and the map ended, so I couldn't restart. This caused the dance contest to simply never happen for me, and so I screwed myself out of a dancer for the second damn time (the first time I somehow didn't know enough about how getting your candidate to win worked. Dumb, I know...) and I've permanently lost a unit.

Flayn isn't that great a unit overall, but having a second healer was nice... -_-

Heck, it may be best not to do any battling this month so you don't risk making the same mistake I did. Just DON'T let your dance candidate get beat, really.

Edited by Anacybele

It's annoying that you can't divine pulse after map end but still, L+R+ "+" + "-" is soft reset, that still exists even in the era of divine pulse. And that paralogue is a joke if you know where the enemies are, so it's just a nuisance to repeat, but not that bad really.

Just saying, if you mess up in any way, you can always rollback, you don't have to steamroll through it and save everytime over your file.

That does sound unfortunate. I have completed this paralogue several times and it is hard going in blind. SImilarly to Petra's where reinforcements comes in around the map because the original objective changes when shes gets closer to a part of the map. 

Although, you are able to reset the game using the soft reset method (minus + plus + L + R) same time or home button/close software. As long as you didnt save after the paralogue. It may just take you back to when you were battle preparing or worse, before that too, but it solves the issue of the deaths of characters.

I'd probably hold off on doing that one anyway due to the fact that advanced units are prominent here, especially Assassins. Anyway, it is possible to stop reinforcements.

it's no different than that map in PoR where you have to defend something for 7 or so turns. 

they tell you ti's coming from the North and south (or east or west - depending the orientations of the map). so once you hit the bishops - the reinforcements stop. maps lke these i just arm everyone with torches, and i let the melee go first. and then the squishies can either back up or ping them dead. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Your group is thrown into the middle of a foggy area with no way of knowing where enemies are coming from and who they'll target and you have to just defend Rhea for 10 turns.

There's a reason you are still allowed to buy items in the map preparation menu, and that there are Torches available in the item shop.

Also, the moment your Flayn died, could have either soft reset or close the game manually.

I mean just reset the map again it's pretty easy and the map density is pretty low even in Hard mode so just it's really meh, you should still have one or two torch uses left over from the Lonato map in the story so just assign a torch to a unit and done.

Also, you did this map in the most boring way: You waited for all 10 turns!

This map ends once you defeat all enemies. Just do what I did and most players probably did as well: Use torches and go trough the fog, defeating every enemy unit in your way. Defeating the mages make the reinforcement stop.

This isn't a unfair, stupid or cheap map. Actually, it's pretty easy.

I should have restarted, but I guess I didn't feel like it since I'd completed the map anyway. Still though, yeah, I could have.

41 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This map ends once you defeat all enemies. Just do what I did and most players probably did as well: Use torches and go trough the fog, defeating every enemy unit in your way. Defeating the mages make the reinforcement stop.

I didn't have any torches when I went into the map. I also didn't know at first that it was going to be foggy.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Do you know that you can access the Marketpalce and buy torches in the preparation menu, right?

Of course I knew you could access the marketplace in the prep menu, but I didn't know the item shop sold torches.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I knew you could access the marketplace in the prep menu, but I didn't know the item shop sold torches.

Excuses... excuses...

The torches are just below the promotion seals.

Maybe you just didn't pay attention to the marketplace.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Excuses... excuses...

The torches are just below the promotion seals.

Maybe you just didn't pay attention to the marketplace.

Yeah, sounds like I didn't pay enough attention. xP

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Moving forward into the mist is more risky though. Its understandable not to do so on your first try. Also torches do help but they don't entirely fix the disadvantage of the mist. If a pegasus knight sits outside the part of the mist that's removed then she'll still get the drop on you. 

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Moving forward into the mist is more risky though. Its understandable not to do so on your first try. Also torches do help but they don't entirely fix the disadvantage of the mist. If a pegasus knight sits outside the part of the mist that's removed then she'll still get the drop on you. 

That's why you move slowly, using your tanky unit while your archers and mages are behind.

I always give the torch to make tanky units, and send them to the fog.

34 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's why you move slowly, using your tanky unit while your archers and mages are behind.

I always give the torch to make tanky units, and send them to the fog.

Yeah, but units are coming from all sides of the map. One tanky unit isn't going to cover all those areas. Rhea also does not move and you have to protect her.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but units are coming from all sides of the map. One tanky unit isn't going to cover all those areas. Rhea also does not move and you have to protect her.

I left Catherine taking care of Rinea.

Cavalry units go south, while infantry melee units go north.

Once I use some torches, I decide to where the ranged units go.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I left Catherine taking care of Rinea.

Cavalry units go south, while infantry melee units go north.

Once I use some torches, I decide to where the ranged units go.

Someone's been playing Heroes too much lately. lol

Okay, I see then. Sounds fine. I do have two units with good defense in Dedue and Sylvain anyway. It's just too bad I can't restart now...

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Someone's been playing Heroes too much lately. lol

Okay, I see then. Sounds fine. I do have two units with good defense in Dedue and Sylvain anyway. It's just too bad I can't restart now...

Since I used Sylvain in my first playthough, in the Golden Deer House, I made Sylvain a dark mage in the Blue Lions House. Having more than one unit with Phisic is always good.